My choice is a bit limited here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken B

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
Penang
Have been out of the loop for a while as I have been quite content with my MVP4s and KF Lites, but the mods are now in need of replacing, and I am considering either the YiHi SX mini or the Jac Vapour SERIES -B dna 75W which are available here. Fairly limited choice here after legislation came in, but I am open to any other suggestions, but specifically, opinions on these two if you would.
I am just a tootle puffer using temp control at low wattage usually about 15 watts ss coils, so easily pleased really.
Many Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Ken B, Eleaf Pico ranges of mods can give you good TC performance with Artic Fox firmware and NFE Tools.

@AussieGeek has been taking time out to test TC performance of various mods and has provided hard evidence.

But one thing I would say that was worth considering is moving up to a Single 21700 cell mod, as it's a good balance of all factors and with MTL you'll get a lot of runtime.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'd go for the Jac Series-B DNA 75w over an Yihi SXmini. It's more compact and has a huge following in this thread:
    JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

And vaping at 15w - which I was doing up until a few months ago, means you get plenty of runtime from a 3000mah 18650 battery.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @AngeNZ, the SL Class is a nice all rounder and the OLED screen is wonderful in bright light as you can see everything on the screen.

I like them so much that a I have a few in the stash at one side, ergonomics and TC are excellent though and the TC mode is somewhat easier to use than Evolv. As you don't need a PC to set them up.

But a new single 21700 mod is just in the process of hitting the market, the ZQ Essent DNA75C. That will perform equally to the Jacvapour Series B mod as it's exactly the same chipset.

Ken B

ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2013
    Penang
    @Mordacai and @AngeNZ, Many thanks to you both for your input. Has given me plenty of avenues to explore, which is ideal considering the lack of choice in these parts.
    Never considered Eleaf Pico as when I was looking before, it seemed to have a few quality problems, but at least it seems to be available here, so maybe time for another look.
    Thanks again for the guidance.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Personally, I like refilling the tank and changing the battery at the same time. I mostly gave up on 18650 mods years ago because of available battery life. (I vape 15-30w in TC mode exclusively)

While mods with DNA, or YiHi chipsets will provide a good TC experience with SS wire, they tend to be on the higher end price wise to other mods on the market.

I have a number of Wismec (26650) and Eleaf (21700) mods that can use the ArticFox firmware that provide both a decent TC experience and battery life.

Personally I use only NIFE wire on a Dicodes 21700 tube mod during the day (while working) and switch to Pico Squeeze2's in the evenings.

There are more options available if you do some research.

g.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread