• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My crappy DIY "Juicebox"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
Posting this here, because this is the only part of ECF I go to. I consider myself more a member of the SC vaping forum than of ECF. Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of "ghetto juiceboxes" popping up lately, so I modified the box mod I made yesterday into one. Like the real juicebox, it has a small bottle of juice (in this case a food coloring squeeze bottle) that feeds the atty via a tube. In this case, it drips onto the atty from above. The tube is from a $.99 squirt gun. The mouthpiece was a dropper bulb. It fits over the atty, rather than inside, to prevent any sort of melting from heavy vaping (it should be noted, the inspiration for the mouthpiece was from Doctor Vapor's pen grip dripper mouthpiece video). Like the real Juicebox, the bottle is pressed like a button from an access hole in the box. The advantage of having the tube fed into an open-toped mouthpiece is that you can see exactly how many drops the atomizer is getting. The box is a 4xAA battery box from Radio Shack, wired with a 510 sealed connector from MadVapes, powered by a single 14500 battery at 3.7v. I had to cut one of the ribs from the far side of the box to accomodate the bottle. The bottle is sealed around the hose with epoxy putty. You can turn it upside down with no leaks. The hose is positioned to drip the fluid directly onto the wick. Refilling the bottle consists of turning it upside down, inserting the hose into a bottle of juice, and squeezing and releasing until nearly full. VAPOR PRODUCTION AND FLAVOR ARE AMAZING.

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
image.php

Last edited:

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
If you do this yourself, a warning. When you cut the plastic rib out for the bottle's little nook, sand the ridge left behind, or melt it smooth and flat with an old soldering iron. I apparently left a sharp little ridge that sliced my bottle open after it was compressed by the lid. For added protection, I cut a square of blue foam and placed it behind the bottle. Also, seal all your connections with epoxy to keep any leaks out. After my bottle got sliced, I had to hit the whole thing with paper towels, q-tips, and a hairdryer. You live, you learn. But it's now leak-free, and still vaping like a steam train.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Posting this here, because this is the only part of ECF I go to. I consider myself more a member of the SC Vaping forum than of ECF. Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of "ghetto juiceboxes" popping up lately, so I modified the box mod I made yesterday into one. Like the real juicebox, it has a small bottle of juice (in this case a food coloring squeeze bottle) that feeds the atty via a tube. In this case, it drips onto the atty from above. The tube is from a $.99 squirt gun. The mouthpiece was a dropper bulb. It fits over the atty, rather than inside, to prevent any sort of melting from heavy vaping (it should be noted, the inspiration for the mouthpiece was from Doctor Vapor's pen grip dripper mouthpiece video). Like the real Juicebox, the bottle is pressed like a button from an access hole in the box. The advantage of having the tube fed into an open-toped mouthpiece is that you can see exactly how many drops the atomizer is getting. The box is a 4xAA battery box from Radio Shack, wired with a 510 sealed connector from MadVapes, powered by a single 14500 battery at 3.7v. I had to cut one of the ribs from the far side of the box to accomodate the bottle. The bottle is sealed around the hose with epoxy putty. You can turn it upside down with no leaks. The hose is positioned to drip the fluid directly onto the wick. Refilling the bottle consists of turning it upside down, inserting the hose into a bottle of juice, and squeezing and releasing until nearly full. VAPOR PRODUCTION AND FLAVOR ARE AMAZING.

Dude, do a walkthrough with pics or video and post it !!!!! Sounds like a great device. I saw a DIY mod this weekend at VapeFest that was a small, juicebox, type device that autofed a cartomizer. It was great. I'd love to see your design.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Dude, do a walkthrough with pics or video and post it !!!!! Sounds like a great device. I saw a DIY mod this weekend at VapeFest that was a small, juicebox, type device that autofed a cartomizer. It was great. I'd love to see your design.

Oh ..... You already did that. My bad.

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
I've built a much-improved second model. The access hole is much cleaner (I broke down and bought a Dremel), the hose comes out of the top next to the atty, instead of from the front, and the leaky, bulky food coloring bottle has been replaced with a sleek 3ml "ice drops" bottle that fits snuggly into one of the unused battery slots in the box. The new bottle has the tube coming out of a tight hole in the top of the cap, and is much easier to refil: Just unscrew the cap, and fill. Also, I've added a nicer, larger, contoured vape button and a master kill switch. I'll post pics when I can, and maybe a video when I can get near a webcam (maybe in a few days). I've also gotten much better at soldering this time around, so the connections are nice and solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread