Status
Not open for further replies.

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
North Georgia
So my daughter shows up and says try this-handed me a pack of Blu's. Tried it -ok a good way to quit smoking. Did some research here on the EFC and went to the local B&M to buy 2-510's with a pcc-got to have the pack to hold... After 3 weeks of smoking & vaping I ordered an 650 ego with clearomizer. Much better but it all tastes wrong. So now I have DIY stuff on it's way. I see lots of experimenting in the future :) Since I read the EFC I figured I'd better drop in and say Hi I'm new here :) Anyone have an idea why the juice all tastes wonky to me? I do not think it's tastebuds as I'm not 100% off analogs yet. I could be wrong-first time for everything right?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi, welcome to ECF and congrats...Give your daughter a hug for us :thumbs: Vaping is extremely dehydrating as PG and VG are hygroscopic- they trap the moisture in our mouth, lungs and throat and thus the vapor. I drink 2 liters water per day. Also more than 4 cups java will dehydrate also...same with caffeine laced soft drinks.
Also some juices need to be "steeped". My suggestion would be to buy sample packs until you find the juice that's right for you. When I began I bought 30 samples- once I knew the type of flavors I liked I bought another 20 samples. 10 I LOVED, 20 I liked and 20 I hated. At a later date I actually enjoyed those juices that I detested.

Last edited:

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
North Georgia
Hi, welcome to ECF and congrats...Give your daughter a hug for us :thumbs: Vaping is extremely dehydrating as PG and VG are hygroscopic- they trap the moisture in our mouth, lungs and throat and thus the vapor. I drink 2 liters water per day. Also more than 4 cups java will dehydrate also...same with caffeine laced soft drinks.

I already drink about 60 oz of water a day don't think my bladder could handle more. But I will try :)

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
North Georgia

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
:facepalm: LOLLLL I think that's plenty. If it's a chemical/ perfume taste and your juices are in a bottle you may want to try and steep them:
place bottle in hot tap water for 45 mins. Shake and place in dark cupboard.
Next a.m. open cap, allow air in, cap on, shake and back in cupboard.
Next a.m. remove cap and leave cap off and place in cupboard.
Next a.m. put cap on, shake and vape.

I already drink about 60 oz of water a day don't think my bladder could handle more. But I will try :)

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I started with this kit Joyetech 510 | Ecigarette Kit | Awesome Vapor
and upgraded to this one Mini Starter Kit - 650mah - Black - DiscountVapers.com
Don't know about ohms I think they are both about 2.4

You may also want to try some 1.5ohm dual coil cartos. They come in different sizes. They make some bigger ones for eGo batteries. Sme people like clearos, some like cartos. It's all personal preference. The same juice can taste different in each. For eGo batteries you will want to stay with LR attachments like 1.5 up to 2.0 ohm for best performance and taste. The higher resistance attachments are better on variable voltage devices.

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
North Georgia
:facepalm: LOLLLL I think that's plenty. If it's a chemical/ perfume taste and your juices are in a bottle you may want to try and steep them:

Ok all bottles going in the cupboard after a steep. thanks

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK

That is the most in depth process I've seen for steeping. I usually just let mine sit on my desk or in a drawer. But normally I don't vape flavors I don't like out of the bottle. I'm too broke to have a bunch of bottles waiting to age properly for me to vape them :)

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
North Georgia
You may also want to try some 1.5ohm dual coil cartos. They come in different sizes. They make some bigger ones for eGo batteries. Sme people like clearos, some like cartos. It's all personal preference. The same juice can taste different in each. For eGo batteries you will want to stay with LR attachments like 1.5 up to 2.0 ohm for best performance and taste. The higher resistance attachments are better on variable voltage devices.

Ok will ask my supplier about them I do not like the cartos that go on the 510 too hard to get vapor. The clearomizer is much better for that -to me anyway. But I'm comparing dogs to cats :)

GaMntGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
North Georgia
Welcome to our world. A lot of it is just trial and error. In my case more error than trial. LOL.

I think I've got the right equipment for me (for now). Just need to find the right juice-I think that my DIY will be fantastic but then I know what I like and can adjust the taste with the diy. As for back up equipment the 650 ego will become the 510's replacement when I have the $$ to spend-probably a vv.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The eGo 650 is a great PV BUT if you do buy another clearomizer/ tank, etc make sure it's rebuildable. With the eGo the clearomizers/ cartomizers, etc that would be best are 1.5 to 2.0 ohms. The Vivi Nova comes with 3 heads (wick+ coil). When the head burns out simply unscrew old head and screw in new head- takes about 10 secs.
Vision 5ml Nova Tank Clearomizer, V2
This vendor sells them for $8.95 but is out of stock:
ElectronicStix.Com : ViVi Nova V2.5 2.0ML Twist on Replacable Coil TANK - ViViNova2ML

Also these clearomizers need cleaning every so often otherwise you'll get a burnt taste from the gunk on the coil. The advantage of the Vivi Nova in regards to cleaning is it can be taken apart. Yours can be cleaned and here's a tutorial:

I think I've got the right equipment for me (for now). Just need to find the right juice-I think that my DIY will be fantastic but then I know what I like and can adjust the taste with the diy. As for back up equipment the 650 ego will become the 510's replacement when I have the $$ to spend-probably a vv.

Last edited:

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
First, let me say congratulations on your new life, and victory over smoking.
Isn't it great to give the finger to big tobacco, while clearing your world of smoke, and halting carcinogenesis !!!
( I get very EXCITED about not smoking cigs anymore) :p
:2c: I have yet to try a clearo, or tank that doesn't occasionally (or continuously ) give me a burned plastic taste, and I have tried lots.
My husband can use the same clearo or tank that yuckied me out, and he says it is fine to him.
Don't know if I vape too hard/differently, or what, but I DOUBLE HATE, that burny taste, so anyway at almost a year smoke free, and despite the vivi tank craze, and clearo revolution, my main go-to is the 2.0 boge cartomizer, on an ego.
It is true I have to drip some juice on the carto, every so often and not let it get white and therefore dry, but I get consistent vapor and flavor. I have to carry a little bottle of joose along with my pv, which is not as convenient as tank/clearos, but I figure it's no worse than years of toting a pack and lighter, and it's working! I will soon celebrate a year off cigarettes, after 35 years addicted!!!:toast:

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Did anybody tell you that you have to "tip the clearomizer" once in a while to keep from getting "dry hits"?
Even with the long wicks, I find I need to tip once in a while.
Just tip it on the side so the liquid covers the wicks. Keep it that way a few seconds. Vape.
Try it.
Get back to us.

You're doing great, BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread