My dna30 clone with custom vinyl decals and matching blue kayfun

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Beautiful treatment! How did you manage to attach the "carbon fiber" skin so precisely?

I've got a new Cloupor 30W that could only get in red, which actually looks more like a "hot fuscia" to me. Suffice to say that I hate the color but couldn't get a black one —the internet vendor said they looked great and I suppose they do, if you are a chick. For a guy my age, hmmm... don't think so. :(

So, I have some spare black "carbon fiber" skin that I used for othet projects and was thinkng of wrapping the Cloupor on it. There will be fuscia edges showing through but I guess it will look less ...whatever... that the hot pink.

I don't think I would be able to remove the anodizing with caustic soda without immersing it, something the electronics would surely not like and, except sanding it down to the bare aluminum, I'm out of ideas.

Your treatment looks great but I'm not sure I could get that kind of precision. How did you do it? Did you cut the pieces before attaching or the other way around? If so, how did you manage to avoid scratching the aluminum?

Fegbri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Berlin, NJ
Beautiful treatment! How did you manage to attach the "carbon fiber" skin so precisely?

I've got a new Cloupor 30W that could only get in red, which actually looks more like a "hot fuscia" to me. Suffice to say that I hate the color but couldn't get a black one —the internet vendor said they looked great and I suppose they do, if you are a chick. For a guy my age, hmmm... don't think so. :(

So, I have some spare black "carbon fiber" skin that I used for othet projects and was thinkng of wrapping the Cloupor on it. There will be fuscia edges showing through but I guess it will look less ...whatever... that the hot pink.

I don't think I would be able to remove the anodizing with caustic soda without immersing it, something the electronics would surely not like and, except sanding it down to the bare aluminum, I'm out of ideas.

Your treatment looks great but I'm not sure I could get that kind of precision. How did you do it? Did you cut the pieces before attaching or the other way around? If so, how did you manage to avoid scratching the aluminum?

It's a jwrap. Fit almost perfect with a tiny bit of trimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread