The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My doctors "patient portal" mistake

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by oxygen thief, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    My doctor has a site where you can see all of your appts, physical results, book appts, lab work, etc. I saw his P.A. this past April for a stomach problem. I just went back to the site today because I have a physical scheduled for next week and wanted to look at past appts.

I told his P.A. that I hadn't smoked cigs in 1.5 years as of this past April. When I looked at the report she put, "patient currently smokes cigarettes." Pissed, I was! I emailed them and said to correct their ..... Got an email back. We have corrected it!!!

I guess telling your doctor that you're a vaper should be followed by, did you put vaper or cigarette smoker in my chart? grrr....

Anyway, got it done.

2. KGB7

KGB7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    Rockville, MD
    I just tell them i dont smoke. Then there is 0% confusion.

3. illregal

illregal Full Member

Dec 2, 2014
    This is why you don't go to the doctor.. I don't even have a chart.
    If I did, I'd just tell them I didn't smoke. Did everyone see the seinfeld episode on this.

4. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    I don't smoke. Why didn't I think of that?

Some people never go to the doctor and are fine. Some die young. If I didn't see my doctor I'd be dead three times over.

5. GT86

GT86 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2014
    SE GA
    I had Dr. Van Nostrand fix my chart for me!

6. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    I've seen Doctors more in the past 8 months than in ALL my LIFE!!!
    Work related injury - i.e. Workers Comp................. Freaking Joke. Should be called Medical Delay Service!

Sorry, long Story for another time and place.
    Anyway, they all ask and I always answer - Quit smoking Aug.5, 2012 :D

7. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    My dad NEVER went to a doctor (except when injured) and his down hill slide at the end was painful and heartbreaking. I'm not saying that regular checkups could have prevented that, but for me, it's worth a try, since I already pay for the insurance anyway.

Holy cow, you are a LOT older than I thought you were - what side were you on for the Battle of Hastings? :D

8. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Fixed it
    Still, 61 is moving on up:facepalm:

9. Fizzpop

Fizzpop Super Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2013
    United States
    Note that in the eyes of your insurance company, you are still a smoker because nicotine.

Not fair, not right, but best to make sure they know at the very least, that you are vaping. I still identify as a smoker on my annual insurance questionnaire. If they test me for cotinine, I will test positive. Don't give your insurance company ANY reason to deny your claim.

10. DrMA

DrMA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Seattle area
    This ^^^^ +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.