My e-cigarette is not nicotine, what about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My e cigarette provided a path away from 27 years of cigarette addiction.
My e cigarette most definitely contains nicotine; if it did not, I do not believe it would have been as effective as it has for the past almost 7 years.

IMO: If you never smoked, you SHOULD NOT vape. It is less dangerous, but it is not "healthier".

Cheers
I

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Nicotine enhanced with no thoughts or interest in whittling down to 0mg.

Found a sweetspot that's suitable to my needs after winding down to no-nic. But I can do with or without it. Fact is in hi-pwr modes or chaining I'm often refilling with straight vg. Dunno what our delusional masters are thinking but it's not about vaping. But hey, they don't know what tobacco is either.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I personally only vape for the nicotine.

My guess is that the PG/VG and flavorings are probably 'worse' for you (or more questionable) than the nicotine component of ejuice. I would have no reason to inhale ejuice if I weren't using nicotine.
So many say that but the hand to mouth habit is a pretty strong habit in and of itself. I would find that habit harder to break I think.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I smoked heavily for 35 years. I’ve mixed my own juice 5 years. I’m more concerned about the effects of flavors than Nic. There is some speculation about salts too, but I think they’re safe enough for their purpose, although maybe not something I’d want to use a lot of for a long time, but I do feel better about salts than smoking.

If zero works for you, that’s great. I have no desire to go zero. If I didnt want nic, I wouldn’t vape at all.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I smoked cigarettes and was heavily addicted to them for 32 years of my life. I was only able to let go of the addiction through the use of vaping.

I've been vaping for nearly 5 years at this point, and dwindled the nicotine down slowly over time to the point I haven't used nicotine in over a year now.

So, zero nicotine for me all the way.

Vaping to assuage the hand to mouth habit is certainly the reason for continuing to vape at this point. I do occasionally need to stick something in my mouth and suck...

I do not see nicotine as being bad for you or inherently more harmful than anything else we do, so I live with a to each his own attitude.. we do what we do and it works for us as individuals.

Hope you enjoy the forum and welcome to ECF!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
So many say that but the hand to mouth habit is a pretty strong habit in and of itself. I would find that habit harder to break I think.
Understand. When I first quit smoking, I remember always reaching for my pack, lighter, etc whenever normal triggers occured. Took forever to stop doing that.

When I started vaping though, I had been on other forms of NRT and oral tobacco for several years, so I didn't have the hand-mouth habit to break any longer.

I certainly can understand that though. It took probably at least 6-8 months for me to stop reaching for my ciggy pack and lighter when in the car, after eating, etc. It really was crazy, it was almost a reflex. After stopping the ciggies, I think I lasted 5 years nicotine free. For some reason, started oral tobacco again. After a few years of that, it was an endless cycle of oral tobacco and NRT until I started vaping.

I'm sure part of my vaping habit these days is again a hand/mouth reaction. I'm just not trying to stop vaping. :)

EnzoVape

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2019
France
Nicotine isn’t dangerous when vaping. I’m more concerned about the PG/VG and liquid components as we don’t know yet for sure that it isn’t toxic at all. One thing for sure is that vaping, with or without nicotine, is at least 95% healthier than smoking cigarettes so I’m fine with it.
If I were to vape nicotine free liquids I would always reach for my pack of cigs (that I still have just in case).

Nicotine is a friend to anyone who wants to quit smoking :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Understand. When I first quit smoking, I remember always reaching for my pack, lighter, etc whenever normal triggers occured. Took forever to stop doing that.

When I started vaping though, I had been on other forms of NRT and oral tobacco for several years, so I didn't have the hand-mouth habit to break any longer.

I certainly can understand that though. It took probably at least 6-8 months for me to stop reaching for my ciggy pack and lighter when in the car, after eating, etc. It really was crazy, it was almost a reflex. After stopping the ciggies, I think I lasted 5 years nicotine free. For some reason, started oral tobacco again. After a few years of that, it was an endless cycle of oral tobacco and NRT until I started vaping.

I'm sure part of my vaping habit these days is again a hand/mouth reaction. I'm just not trying to stop vaping. :)

Yes I agree, that habit of action is extremely compelling. I quit seamlessly with a Blue despite virtually no possibility of getting the same nic. But my "smoking" style was not disrupted at all! Now with the effective devices and methods we have it can be truly amazing.

Good luck. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes I agree, that habit of action is extremely compelling.
I agree with the above. However, I needed to actually be inhaling and exhaling something. Smoke or vapor, either one.

Someone said just inhale/exhale from a straw. :rolleyes: Naw, that wouldn't cut it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread