My ego c twist is only giving me 4 hours usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyc516

Jan 11, 2013
vapeland
Hi I recently bought a joyetech ego c twist and I charged it overnight. I woke up and used it fully charged. It is a 1000mah battery. It only gave me 4 hours usage. The most I have gotten is 6 hours use. I am constantly vaping. Is it possible that I am doing something wrong? I use it at 3.8-4.2 but I take shorter hits and might be turning it on off too frequently. Please help

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Hi I recently bought a Joyetech ego c twist and I charged it overnight. I woke up and used it fully charged. It only gave me 4 hours usage. The most I have gotten is 6 hours use. I am constantly vaping. Is it possible that I am doing something wrong? I use it at 3.8-4.2 but I take shorter hits and might me turning it on off to frequently. Please help

Thats normal,i have the joy egoc 1000 mah batts and i chain vap 3 mill a day,last me the same times,best thing is my batts fully charge pretty fast,about 2-3 hours.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
That's better than normal. You can t really count in terms of hours or puffs unless you compare it terms of your usual ours and or puffs on a different device because everybody uses them different. And you count count reliably how many MLs of Eunice because some devices use twice if not more than tie the juice another's. I never got more than 2 hours out of such a battery as yours if that helps vaping my way, with my devices and my I'd of "puffs" more like draaaaaaa.... aaaaaaa....aaaaginnnnnnng. Long slow. Repeated to the point I'm shy of "hot boxing".help? Oh and those famous 18650 big batteries. It's a 1200 IMR? M a y b e 6 hrs.

Excuse the incomprehensible parts. My iPad and I are at odds as to what I'm trying to say. It thinks it's smarter than I.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Well yeah about the mods. Simply put and extremely true. My old egos EXCEPT the ego vv just collecting dust. It works well until I have to recharge it. I'll use it til it's death but won't repeat buying it. And look at the eroll . You pop it in a charge like some people stub out a cig. It's just the way it works butit hits well and tastes great plus very cute

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi I recently bought a Joyetech ego c twist and I charged it overnight. I woke up and used it fully charged. It is a 1000mah battery. It only gave me 4 hours usage. The most I have gotten is 6 hours use. I am constantly vaping. Is it possible that I am doing something wrong? I use it at 3.8-4.2 but I take shorter hits and might be turning it on off too frequently. Please help

4 hours seems low to me. Unless you're vaping at high volts with low resistance - that can drain a battery. A 1000mah should last a bit longer though - as Caridwen asked, what ohms are your attachments and what volts are you vaping at?

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
That seems low to me. I have a 1000mAh twist and it lasts me all day long and a few hours into the next chain vaping 5-second puffs with a 2.8 ohm Vivi Nova coil head.

What resistance are you using? It's all about current draw. 4.2V on a 1.8 ohm carto is going to draw more current than 4.2V on a 3.0 ohm carto. It's one reason I like to use mid-high voltage with high resistance, same amount of power with less current draw, which means the battery lasts longer.

But even at 1.8 ohm your battery should last longer than 4 hours. Seems like you have a defect. Are you sure the battery is fully charging?

CheebaSteeba

Jan 10, 2013
AZ
What coolkatz said. If your atty/carto is 1.5 ohm prob ideal to run your bat at like 3.6v or something. Ohm's law. Also I hear ego might m might use more energy when chain vaping than others but idk.

If you're running it at decent voltage out should last longer. I have 1000 mAh ego twist last me the whole weekend, but I probably take all of 50-100 drags spaced out throughout the day. Do you know if it's authentic joye or maybe a knock off or copy cat?

Blurgas

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2012
That seems low to me. I have a 1000mAh twist and it lasts me all day long and a few hours into the next chain vaping 5-second puffs with a 2.8 ohm Vivi Nova coil head.
At the same time, how long do these chain-vape sessions last and how many do you do in an hour?
Doing 5 vapes in a row, twice an hour, for 24 hours is going to give longer battery life than 10 vapes every 40 minutes in the same 24 hours(if my math ends up being off, I blame it on tired and sleep deprivation)
I've kinda skimmed the thread, so I don't know if the OP clarified how often "constantly vaping" is.
I haven't really been keeping track, but on the few times I have I noted my eGo-T 650mAh has lasted between 8 and 10 hours.
Voltage and resistance can only tell you so much before you have to factor in how hard someone is vaping, how often, etc

And now I just gotta try hammering on some maths in regards to my own setup, tho it would surprise me if I'm way off on some of it
Let's see, about 3.3v, clearo's ohm range is 2.2-2.4, so say 2.3. Comes out to just under 1.5A
650mAh should hold for ~40 minutes if I were to pull 1A constantly, so probably 20 minutes at the above ~1.5A. I should probably get ~240 vapes during the day(@5s per vape), so to get 10 hours out of it I'd have to vape once every 2.5 minutes
Of course that's ignoring that the voltage dips as the battery loses charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread