Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

It may be that the center pin of the battery is not making a connection with the atomizer of the clearomizer/tank. This usually occurs from over-tightening the tank onto the battery connector. Just make sure that if you use something conductive (metal) to pry up on the center pin that you do NOT hit the fire button while you are working on the battery. Or better yet, turn off the battery.

Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I would venture to guess that the reason your device is not working properly is because you overcharged it.
Just be thankful that you didn't burn down your home or get hurt in any way.
Never EVER leave ANY battery to charge unattended. Certainly not while you sleep.
Obviously your battery has suffered some degree of damage and should be replaced immediately. It may be unsafe to use.

Reactions: ngayamayang

ngayamayang

Dec 5, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

It may be that the center pin of the battery is not making a connection with the atomizer of the clearomizer/tank. This usually occurs from over-tightening the tank onto the battery connector. Just make sure that if you use something conductive (metal) to pry up on the center pin that you do NOT hit the fire button while you are working on the battery. Or better yet, turn off the battery.

Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery
Thank you, I'll try to do your advice and then i'll tell you what happened afterwards. Thanks for the info. keep you posted :D

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
Having used Ego style batteries for a longtime I have had this happen to me more than once. Generally the problem is due to a bad connection between the battery and the tank/atomizer.

First thing to try is simply drying/cleaning off the contact points on the battery and the tank/atomizer with a cloth or Q-tip. After this if the result is the same I would try rocking the pin in the battery back and forth gently a few times using a small screw driver etc as if you over torqued the charger onto the battery it can cause the center pin in the battery to get pushed down into the battery and this will lift it up. Do not first the battery while doing this! Best to turn off the battery via the 5 click method first. Do not forget to turn it back on afterwards with another 5 click :)

If the above fails, try a new atomizer. I have never had a battery where the light still worked but the battery was bad, I had had one come apart however :p

Reactions: ngayamayang

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
No way to know, sorry. They make those things by the thousands on automated machinery and Chinese QC is not what it attains in other countries. Some of them are great, they can last for years. Others... not so much. You can't tell by looking, and when they break it costs more than a new one to fix it. I think of them as disposable. When they break, throw it away and get another. Wish I could help more.
OMG! how long does the span of this is?

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
OMG! how long does the span of this is?

Between my wife and I we have used 4 of them since early 2010, 1 fell apart just under the fire button, one just died after a few years of use, other 2 going strong still. You millage may vary, some can be broken/dead on arrival, or after a few months. Or they last you years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread