My evad E-cig wont open so i cant charge it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Brimstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
New Orleans
My evad E-cig wont open so i cant charge it! I tried to turn it with bare hands with some clothing and even with latex gloves...But it wont open at all!The bottom part to fill it up does open but the part above it wont...Any tips? I dont have anymore normal cigs and i need my fix hehe=p

Thanks in advance for reading.
Do you mean that the tip, where you inhale, won't open, but the silver ring at the bottom of the tank will?

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Not quite sure what you mean here.

You don't take the evod battery out to charge it; you charge it in it's case. And the battery is the bottom part, so I really don't get what you're saying about "the part above it won't". The top part of an evod head does not come apart; where you open it to add juice is the only place it opens.

You need to take off the bottom part of the head; this will expose the 510/ego connector, and that's how you charge it.

Hope this helps.

And Welcome to ECF!

Reverend Brimstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
New Orleans
Not quite sure what you mean here.

You don't take the evod battery out to charge it; you charge it in it's case. And the battery is the bottom part, so I really don't get what you're saying about "the part above it won't". The top part of an evod head does not come apart; where you open it to add juice is the only place it opens.

You need to take off the bottom part of the head; this will expose the 510/ego connector, and that's how you charge it.

Hope this helps.

And Welcome to ECF!

Duh. I don't know why I read that as being unable to fill..

I have seen this happen a few times. Here is what I have done with some success in the past. Put everything together. Then, take a piece of scotch tape and tape around the joint that you can get apart. In your case, the joint between the tank and the base of the tank. Now try and turn the tank off the battery. Did it work? Good! By effectively joining the two pieces together, it allowed you to get some more leverage when turning the tank. Make sure the outside of your tank is clean and dry though. A bit of e-liquid will stop the tape from sticking.

I have found that if you don't keep your threads clean, a residue builds up that causes this problem. So make sure you keep them threads clean to avoid this issue in the future.

GeneralTrue

Sep 13, 2014
Netherlands
Thanks everyone for the responses...This evod cigaret has 2 ways to open itself...Bottem part is to refill and the top part is to charge it....The part where the juice goes has no way to connect it to the computer...I know this because yesterday i was able to open the top part and then i could charge it....About the tape i might try that tommorow because i dont have any tape here right now and all the stores are closed...Any extra advice will be welcome though.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
What is confusing is when you say "Top" and "Bottom". You seem to be using these backwards?

To charge the battery, you need to unscrew the head from where it joins up with the battery. This would usually be called the bottom of the head.

(I just realized, to refill an evod head you need to hold the e-cig upside down, now I get what you mean).

Hold the ring as gently as possible with a pair of pliers. Sometimes they do get stuck, and with the smooth texture of the ring they can be almost impossible to get off. Be gentle, though. You don't want to twist off the top of your battery, or squeeze the ring so hard that you bend it!

A pair of pliers should do the job and NOT require a lot of force. My Dad always said "If it won't go, don't force it. Use a bigger hammer".

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Explanation of parts might be needed.

Evod clearomizer

EVOD_Clreromizer.jpg

Far left is a fully assembled evod clearomizer. Next one is the tank portion of the evod. The next piece is the base of the evod clearo. The next piece can either be called a coil or some will call it a head.

Evod batteries (variable voltage version but pretty much the same as a regular battery)

kanger-evod-vv-twist-misthub.jpg

If I understand correct, your base is stuck on the battery?

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Glad it worked out for you GT.

For future reference and in case anyone in a similar situation comes across this, some tips that may help.

First is prevention. Don't put the clearo on tight. As you are screwing down the clearo you will feel the slight increase in resistance when the center post of the clearo makes contact with the center post in the battery. Don't go much further than that point for 2 reasons.

One is you will, over time, push the battery's center post in too far which could either cause a short or make it impossible for certain other clearos to make contact.

The other reason to not tighten too much is what you probably encountered. While firing there is heating and then cooling when you set down the setup. The battery connection and the clearo base are both metal which expands and contracts a lot from heating and cooling. Over several cycles there is the potential of the base snugging down while warm then when it cools it will be on very tight.

That expanding and contracting can also be a tool for removing stuck pieces. One solution is to put the battery with the stuck base in a freezer for about 30 minutes. Make sure it is turned off and don't set it in a position where there is any possibility of accidental discharge of the battery. Using lithium based batteries when they are too cold damages the cell. When you first pull the battery from the freezer both pieces of metal will probably have contracted so you might not be able to easily remove the stuck piece yet but give it a few minutes and try again. The base will probably warm faster than the battery connection. After removing the base, DO NOT use or charge that battery for a while (at least as much time as it was in the freezer but I'd double that time to be safe). Give it ample opportunity to warm up all the way to the core.

Another tactic would be to find a way to warm the base (with hot water or another heat source) without transferring too much of the heat to the connector.

I don't recommend pliers. A very slight bend of the base could mess up your threading. If you do use pliers, wrap the piece you will be grasping with them with a towel or something to decrease the potential of scratching the metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread