My extensive v4l juice review

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryMarcelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
Yikes! I just realized I left out two very important ones ~ so I am editing!

I left out Watermelon and Doc Pepper. I now understand why Leaford loves his watermelon so, it's delish ~ and to me Doc Pepper if Fabulous!

Because the V4L team is so incredibly Awesome and gave us a GREAT SALE on St. Patty’s Day, I took the opportunity to order a lot of flavors I have never tried before. I decided I would take the time to post my review of V4L flavors to try and help anyone who might be curious about other flavors. I understand that taste is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY subjective, and that we all like and dislike different things. This is just MY personal Review. Maybe it will help some and maybe it will not.

I have tried a few other companies for juice and NONE OF THEM I repeat NONE OF THEM have compared to V4L juices. Every other company I have tried ALL have a weird chemical taste to me, but I have only tried a few other companies so I am definitely not an expert on OTHER companies out there. After trying a few though, I am too afraid to waste more money on stuff I just plain won’t use. (I am going to a vaping social tomorrow night so maybe I can find some other good juices but for now I am sticking with my tried and true and trustworthy V4L family)

With only ONE exception, I have NEVER tasted any chemical aftertaste in my V4L juices.

If you see mention of a “flower petal” taste in any of these reviews ~ try crushing a flower petal in your fingers and then giving it a whiff ~ now imagine tasting what you smell. That is my opinion of the taste and what I am referring to.

NEW FLAVORS ~ MY FIRST TIME TRYING:

Spearmint (Low)
Very Good. I do not like menthol one bit, and fortunately this is nothing like menthol. Good strong spearmint flavor.

Lemon-Limeade (Low)
Tastes just like Sprite, flat sprite, but still exactly like sprite. I like drinking sprite but don’t necessarily enjoy vaping it.

Orange Juice (Med)
Someone mentioned in a previous thread that OJ tastes like vomit, so I knew this going in. If I thought about it tasting like vomit when I vaped it ~ it tasted like vomit. If I didn’t allow myself to think of it tasting like vomit ~ it tasted like very weak watered down generic brand orange juice (with a hint of vomit).

English Toffee (Low)
To quote something I once read BornAgainst write ~ “Nom Nom Nom”. This taste a lot like a piece of Werther’s original candy and IMO makes a very good vape. Delicious. I would vape this regularly and unmixed.

Margarita (Med)
It tastes to me like a mix between Juicy Fruit and Tutti Frutti Gum. Very fruity and sweet. I’m not big on the sweet stuff, but the flavor is not bad at all for those who like sweets. I would probably only vape this on rare occasions.

Red Cow (Med)
This tastes so much like Red Bull I expected a caffeine buzz. A little too fruity for my personal taste, but I can almost guarantee that if you love the taste of Red Bull you will love this one. V4L got this one Spot On.

Black Tea (Med)
Exactly like Black Tea. Once again, I like to drink my tea and not necessarily vape it, but they are spot on with the flavor of this one. Not going to be an everyday vape for me, but I’m sure I will enjoy it on occasion.

Mt. Do! (Low)
This tastes like Mountain Dew mixed with a flower petal and then regurgitated. It’s not completely disgusting, but this is one I will not vape or consider mixing at all.

Pina Colada (Med)
Another Juicy Fruit type of flavor. It’s quite good by itself, but just for ....zngrinz I mixed a little coconut and banana in with it and “Nom Nom Nom” it gave it a bit of a kick that I enjoy. I would vape this alone or mixed.

Pineapple (Med)
Delicious. Tastes just like Pineapple with no funny overtones or aftertastes. Spot On. For someone who doesn’t typically like the fruity flavors ~ I LOVE this one. Added a bit of it to my previous Pina Mix ~ even better! I would vape this alone or mixed.

Strawberry (High)
Strawberry coated flower petals or strawberry scented potpourri is how I would describe this one. Maybe those who prefer fruity flavors will like this one, but I this is not something I would vape or mix.

Pink Lemonade (Med)
Fruity. Very similar to Lemon-Limeade. A very slight “flower petal” underdone. I will probably not vape this one or mix it.

Peach (Low)
This one has a bit of the “flower petal” undertones as well. It’s not too bad though. I can still taste the peach. When I can figure out what would be a nice compliment to this one, I would definitely consider mixing it and vaping it, but would not vape it alone.

Cinnamon Roll (Med)
Spot on. Well, a little more cinnamon than roll, but still it was a pleasant surprise. This is a very nice vape IMO. Very strong cinnamon taste. I like cinnamon. I will vape this by itself and often.

Apple Cinnamon Cranberry (Low)
I don’t taste the apple or the cranberry, but I taste a very very mild and slight cinnamon taste. This is a very mild flavor, but still a tasty vape. If you like mild flavors, this is a good one. Out of curiosity I mixed it with a little of my cinnamon roll and that gave it a nice kick. Great mix.

Root Beer (Low)
My initial reaction was WTH?? This tasted NOTHING like Root Beer, instead it tasted EXACTLY like 555. Since I LOVE 555, this wasn’t a bad thing. At first I thought I may have grabbed a contaminated cart instead of a brand new fresh one ~ so I grabbed another brand new fresh blank cart and tried again. Yep. Just like my 555. Either this is a mislabeled bottle or Root beer tastes just like 555. Either way ~ I’m not complaining!!!!

Parliament (Low)
Yum! This is a quite good tasting tobacco flavor. Sounds weird, but it has a sort of beef jerky tasting undertone and aftertaste. It’s quite good though. I like it. I can see myself vaping this one on a regular basis unmixed. Of all the tobacco flavors I have tried, I would say this one most resembles an analog (but not the nasty icky taste of analog)

MY REVIEW OF FLAVORS THAT ARE NOT NEW THAT I VAPE REGULARLY:

555 (Med and Low)
I got a free sample of this with first order and it was love at first Vape. It is a tobacco flavor with a delightful nutty undertone. I could vape this alone for the rest of my life. I also really enjoy mixing it with a little bit of banana and coconut. NOM NOM NOM.

Virginia (med)
This was my very first flavor. I based my decision to order this flavor with my original kit from a recommendation from Steve. Since I was new and was smoking Virginia Slim Lights analog ~ he guided me to this flavor. This is a very pleasant tobacco flavor. It tastes and smells a lot like maple syrup. I enjoy it and vape it regularly. Had I not found 555 this would probably be my main vape.

Hilton (Med)
Hilton is an enjoyable tobacco flavor. It also has a maple syrup taste to me and I can hardly tell the difference between Virginia and Hilton.

Ry4 (Med)
When I was new I would often hear people rave about this, so I tried it. I like it. It’s hard for me to describe the flavor. I can taste very slight undertones of maple syrup, caramel, cinnamon and not sure what else. To me this is an excellent vape that I can vape all day.

Coconut (Med)
This is an excellent flavor and one of my all time favorites. I cannot vape it alone because it is just too strong. By itself it tastes like mixing Malibu Coconut Rum with pure coconut milk. (I don’t like Rum) I do use this A LOT to mix with other flavors to give them a yummy kick. If something doesn’t taste right and needs a boost ~ I reach for my Coconut and I am an instant happy camper. If you like coconut you should love this flavor.

Banana (Low and Med)
This one tastes like Banana. By itself though, it tastes a lot like a banana WITH the peel. This is one of my MUST HAVE mixing flavors though. I order it in bulk because I find it to be a great mixer.

ALL OF THE FLAVORS BELOW ARE REVIEWED SEPERATELY IN CASE ANYONE BENEFITS FROM IT BUT I DO NOT PERSONALLY VAPE THEM ALONE. I ORDER THEM FOR A CUSTOM MIX THAT I CREATED BY ACCIDENT BUT NOW USE ALL OF THE TIME BECAUSE I LIKE IT:

Cappuccino VG (Low)
This tastes like vanilla and chocolate flavored coffee to me.

Almond-choco-coco (Med)
I was expecting an almond joy flavor from this when I originally ordered. It does not taste like almond joy to me. It has tastes like a chemical flavored amaretto sour to me.

Caramel (Med)
This one has a mild, slightly sweet, but undistinguishable flavor to me. I didn’t like it alone so it went into my mix.

(My custom mix consists of 5 ml of NOW brand VG along with 5 ml of each of: Banana, Coconut, Cappuccino VG, Almond-choco-coco, Caramel, and 555 ~ It sounds like a completely crazy hodgepodge I know, but I really enjoy it)

Last edited:

MaryMarcelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
Thanks Mary! I do have a question, you didn't think the Hilton tasted like a milder 555? I tried some hilton juice from somewhere else a long time ago and it was so harsh I gave it away..to my surprise V4L's Hilton was very very good.
Hmmm.....Hilton and 555? No, for me personally I think the Hilton and the Virginia are almost identical. Taste really is subjective though! I haven't found anything like V4L 555, well....unless you count the "suspect" bottle of RootBeer mentioned earlier. And yes Mary, I think it would be hard to try and relate any of the V4L flavors with "other" company flavors. V4L just seems to have it down as far as making some excellent high qaulity juice. I tried some 555 from some other companies...yuck..bleh...patooey! I can't stand it. Speaking of ~ Free 555 up for grabs!! (If your brave enough to try it ~ I reiterate this is NOT V4L 555!!!)

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Only two weeks and I have nearly 20 flavors in my collection (just counting my V4L cartos)! I made a ratings chart for myself, but honestly, the only one I'd not ever vape again was the Mountain Do (-doo) ;-).

All the rest were pretty nom nom nom indeed!

nom nom nom

Funniest video....ever.

LOVE IT!

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Great reviews, Mary. For noobs, you may want to clarify which Parliament (old blue, new blue, or green) you're referring to since they're so different. Personally, I'm not at all a fan of the newer 'blue' although I hear the original blue was nice and may return. The 'green', though, is one of two tobacs that helped me quit cigs, so I'm forever in debt. Think sweet toasted oats--rich, smooth, and tasty.

av8tor

Mar 21, 2010
Back in the States
great review, I personally love the hilton, to me it tastes kinda like hazelnut and I love the stuff. Ordered a bunch this week. The only one I've tried so far that tastes like a ciggy is the Dunhall. Mayby It's me butttt. Only been doin this a week and today I can honestly say I'm smoke free!!!!!!! On top of that i became a full member today YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread