Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well, over my almost 7 years of vaping, I have settled on one charger that works best for me. Of course as always, YMMV. I have had some chargers, I don't remember what they were, and they are long gone. In the cabinet gathering dust are two Pila's,a Gryfalcon, an Xstar Vp1, and a couple others. So, I have settled on a xtar WP2. Nothing fancy, no led readout's or anything. I have used this charger for several years now and never fails to charge a good battery to 4.2 - 4.21, unlike all the other chargers I have had. So I needed another 2 bay and decided to go with the same, only this is an xtar WP2 II, and whaddya know, it works as well as the other Xtar. So that's it, no more fancy pansy, more expensive chargers for me.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've been through several chargers over the years and my two favorites are Efest LUC 4 and Xtar VCT4. Both are 4 bay chargers.

Efest LUC4 can charge four bays simultaneously at 1A with a three LED charge progress display.

Xtar VCT4 can only charge the two outer bays at 1A, but has a great iconic display that shows charge progress in a virtual dial format instead of the traditional 3 LED display.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's good to hear about your charger, I will be looking into four bays possibly soon. Just bought more batts since the husband is now vaping. I'd give him his own charger, but I'd feel bad if anything happened to it (he burnt down the house once, I am trying to keep his "challenges" to a minimum) and it would be just his luck if I handed over my old charger and bought a new one and something happened. LOL.

The husband has luck issues. I usually try to share mine :) Also, I actually can't believe I was NOT more resentful about our 18 month "Tour de Tucson" as our house claim progressed... slowly.. but I was also majorly ill with pneumonia to the point that it kind of felt like the last of my problems. Kinda.

Anna

Anna

• Love
Reactions: Heartsdelight

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
The Efest LUC V4 is a really good and affordable 4-bay charger, which I can highly recommend.
I like the display, because it's not too simple or too fancy. The LUC offers all the protections you may want, and you even get optional 2A charging with the 2 inner bays, although I personally never use that feature, because I'm fine with the lowest setting at 0,5A.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have only owned 2 chargers and the Nitecore has really never been powered off but now I have an eNook and happy with that also for a affordable charger. Usb only but up to 2A power supply.

upload_2018-1-15_17-42-53.jpeg

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The Efest LUC V4 is a really good and affordable 4-bay charger, which I can highly recommend.

you even get optional 2A charging with the 2 inner bays, although I personally never use that feature, because I'm fine with the lowest setting at 0,5A.

I've tried the 2A charging (once) and found that it got my batteries warmer than I liked. Like you, I find that lower charging rates work perfectly well, so there's no advantage to shortening my batteries' life span by rushing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread