My first 2 flavour juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIYNoob

Moved On
Jun 20, 2019
Hello,
Following the advice of experienced mixers here, and trying to improve my one flavour juice, i have now made a juice of 6% CAP Peach and 3% CaP Juicy Orange. The end result was a peach that has not ripened..which is very nice considering my goal was to achieve a sour/tart taste. This tastes a bit bitter too, which is not bad. I like bitter and sour. My original intention was to make a more juicy/tarty orange juice, so somebody recommended i use mostly Orange flavour and add a bit of Peach, but i already had a Peach at 6% made up and didn't want to start over. I got a very unusual and unexpected effect. I have no idea where the tart or bitter taste came from, since neither one of those flavours, by themselves, are either tarty or bitter. They must combine in synergistic and unusual ways. I will try the reversed percentage soon, to see what's up. Thanks for everyone that replied in my original post. I decided to make this one just so the original thread doesn't go on forever.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks for everyone that replied in my original post.
Very few of us will unlikely see your appreciation reply above, might be better If you like a particular reply (or all), you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post, this action will notify the poster of your chosen noted response. You may receive far more replies when you acknowledge other posters.

• Informative
Reactions: DIYNoob

DIYNoob

Moved On
Jun 20, 2019
Cograts! Nothing wrong with some simple juices I say, I have a few that are two and three ingredients that I really like. :)
Anna

It was an accident. My original goal was to make a more authentic/sour Orange flavour, as CAP Juicy Orange tastes exactly like Tic Tac Orange. So i'll try the reverse percentage soon, to see if it works. Btw, you look like my favourite aunt.

DIYNoob

Moved On
Jun 20, 2019
There are definite advantages to simple flavorings. The measurement is easier for one. As to the mystery bitterness that’s part of the oddity if flavorings. If you change flavoring manufacturers or even just get a different batch it may go away.

The bitterness is mild, and so is the sourness. I'm looking for something that will byte my tongue more..

DIYNoob

Moved On
Jun 20, 2019
Very few of us will unlikely see your appreciation reply above, might be better If you like a particular reply (or all), you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post, this action will notify the poster of your chosen noted response. You may receive far more replies when you acknowledge other posters.

OMG, thank you. I tried to click on the thumbs up on the left, and it wouldn't click. Now i see where it is..it's on the right!! I gave your post an "I" for informative.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
How long did it take you to be this skillful?

It is not so much skillful as just thinking on just what I think would be good.

Take caramel cream. I know that I like those little square candies, so, I just tried 8%/3%. The other 89% is PG, VG, and Nic. So to make 5ml, I divide each part of the 100 percent by 20. 8 divided by 20 equals .4. So my recipe will need .4ml of caramel. 3% divided by 20 equals .15ml of cream flavor...and so on. If you do the math, all should add up to 5ml.

Just how I do it. The reason I do 5ml test bottles is that I want to try the final flavor throughout the course of a day, after just eating, morning breath, with coffee, etc. Juices taste different depending what the mouth is just experienced.

I let everything steep no less than 30 days so that variable is nullified.

I usually make 4-5 versions, minimum, of a recipe when testing. More caramel, less caramel, different brands of caramel and cream...it adds up. I label each little bottle with test number and my notes correspond to the bottle number.

Notes are important. I also use a 3ml and 1ml syringes.

Just me,
Hope helps.

• Informative
Reactions: IDJoel

DIYNoob

Moved On
Jun 20, 2019
It is not so much skillful as just thinking on just what I think would be good.

Take caramel cream. I know that I like those little square candies, so, I just tried 8%/3%. The other 89% is PG, VG, and Nic. So to make 5ml, I divide each part of the 100 percent by 20. 8 divided by 20 equals .4. So my recipe will need .4ml of caramel. 3% divided by 20 equals .15ml of cream flavor...and so on. If you do the math, all should add up to 5ml.

Just how I do it. The reason I do 5ml test bottles is that I want to try the final flavor throughout the course of a day, after just eating, morning breath, with coffee, etc. Juices taste different depending what the mouth is just experienced.

I let everything steep no less than 30 days so that variable is nullified.

I usually make 4-5 versions, minimum, of a recipe when testing. More caramel, less caramel, different brands of caramel and cream...it adds up. I label each little bottle with test number and my notes correspond to the bottle number.

Notes are important. I also use a 3ml and 1ml syringes.

Just me,
Hope helps.

You don't use a calculator? Also i prefer a scale, that way you don't need syringes. Less messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread