my first 5v mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
im building my first 5v mod. i already built 2 3.7v boxes so its time for me to step up. does it matter what switch i used? my first two mods, i used the push button switch. i just order two switches, the horn switch and tactile switch. i dont really like the push bottun switch, it misses sometimes and i already broke it. the plastic button came out. so for a 5v mod, which switch will give me the best result? the horn is rated at 12v and 5 amps and tactile is rated at 12v and 5 ma. im guessing ma stands for milliamps.

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
how to i wire the LED. so do i wire the positive lead w/ resistor to pin 4 and negative lead to pin 3? please correct me if im wrong:

negative wire from switch goes to pin 4
positive wire from switch goes to pin 1
negative wire from atty goes to pin 3
positive wire from atty goes to pin 2

470 resistor on pin 4 and 3

negative battery on pin 3
positive battery on pin 1

stompasaurus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
New York City
LED is wired just like the atty, but with another 470 Ohm resistor - so it goes

pin 3 > negative of LED
positive of LED > resistor
resistor > pin 2

Everything else you have listed is correct.

And since you're using the 4-pin regulator you can use any switch you like. I've built a bunch with the tactile switch and I'm very happy with it.

Hope that helps!

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
LED is wired just like the atty, but with another 470 Ohm resistor - so it goes

pin 3 > negative of LED
positive of LED > resistor
resistor > pin 2

Everything else you have listed is correct.

And since you're using the 4-pin regulator you can use any switch you like. I've built a bunch with the tactile switch and I'm very happy with it.

Hope that helps!

thanx stompasaurus, i got confuse on how to wire the LED.

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
ddy611, I love the horn button switch. If you are using one of the MadVapes boxes as your battery holder..... dang, but those horn switches work and look great on them! Anyhow, that's what I used for my 5 volt in the 3 "AA" box that MadVapes sells.

i buy all of my mod parts at madvapes. i love this store. its a one stop shop store. i heard good things about the horn switch, i have an extra horn switch and im putting it on my 3.7 box. im still deciding with switch to use for my 5v mod, horn or tacile. thanx for the advice:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread