Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Vapers Haven
Credits to Nicowolf and madvapes
You can find the how to here;
Nicostick: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/18409-how-build-nicostick.html
madvapes: MadVapes e-Cig 'How To' Tutorials • View topic - 2xAA 3.7 Volt Box Mod

Bought my metal drip tip and 510 battery connector from Heaven Gifts.. The rest got it from my local electric component store.. Gonna try the 5v 3xAA Box mod soon when I have the time!

Items wasted: 0
Items recycled: 1 (Bought the wrong switch.. got a NC switch instead of NO :p)

PS: My local store only sells 3pin 5v Regulator.. can I still use it for the 5V Box mod?

Here's the pics!

DSC04681a.jpg

The 3.7V AA Box Mod!

DSC04682a.jpg

3mm Blue Led

DSC04683a.jpg

The Interior..

Last edited:

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
Sweet!! Damm..I wish I could do this. It looks really great..Congrats!

And... Why can't you? It's cheap and easy! Some people take some attempts before getting it right but if you're careful, you can do it in your first one!
I did my first 3.7V box in the first try, then I jumped to juice feeder and finally did a 5V box with juice feeder with no problem... and trust me, I am not good at soldering; I learned on my way modding. So I'm sure you can do it.

strkaholic

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Colorado
And... Why can't you? It's cheap and easy! Some people take some attempts before getting it right but if you're careful, you can do it in your first one!
I did my first 3.7V box in the first try, then I jumped to juice feeder and finally did a 5V box with juice feeder with no problem... and trust me, I am not good at soldering; I learned on my way modding. So I'm sure you can do it.

I'm what you would call technically challenged!! LOL I love seeing what you guys put together though..its always so impressive!

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Credits to Nicowolf and Madvapes
You can find the how to here;
Nicostick: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/18409-how-build-nicostick.html
Madvapes: MadVapes e-Cig 'How To' Tutorials • View topic - 2xAA 3.7 Volt Box Mod

Bought my metal drip tip and 510 battery connector from Heaven Gifts.. The rest got it from my local electric component store.. Gonna try the 5v 3xAA Box Mod soon when I have the time!

Items wasted: 0
Items recycled: 1 (Bought the wrong switch.. got a NC switch instead of NO :p)

PS: My local store only sells 3pin 5v Regulator.. can I still use it for the 5V Box mod?
I'm assuming it's a 7805 series regulator. Dreadfully under speced for the job and inefficient. There's nothing wrong with 3pin regulators, it's all I use. But do go for the high quality TI (Texas Instruments) ones and avoid the problems the cheap Fairchild's cause for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread