Not open for further replies.

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Here's a red version with a stinger button.

Sanjosse-wstinger-red.png

If you can't tell… I'm a Chevy fan ;)

I've also been working a dna30/battery tray integrated into a single unit. The battery tray section is based on the Keystone 1042.

sanjosse-dna-battery-tray-assy-1.jpg
sanjosse-dna-battery-tray-assy-2.jpg

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
That's what I was shooting for, thanks :).

So far it's about 5.25" tall x 1.5 x x 1.25.

I think If I use the micro usb charging unit, it'll cut down on the wear & tear for sure. But first I need to get the dimensions and create a cradle for it that will fit down towards the base somewhere.

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
That's what I was shooting for, thanks :).

So far it's about 5.25" tall x 1.5 x x 1.25.

I think If I use the micro usb charging unit, it'll cut down on the wear & tear for sure. But first I need to get the dimensions and create a cradle for it that will fit down towards the base somewhere.

Let me show you a picture of the case I am working on right now, its made out of wood and its a lot smaller than yours. I think if you change your design it can be rather smaller than that. Mine is 4.5" tall and I could shave 1/4 more if I wanted to by 1" wide by 1-5/8".

Its your design but there are lots of room for improvement, mine still a work in progress making changes as needed.

20140405_005512.jpg 20140405_005453.jpg 20140405_005521.jpg

Last edited:

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
vewdew,

I like your design for sure. I prefer wood, it's more natural and doesn't make my hands sweat ;)

Without having any of the actual component and only relying on spec sheets, I'm trying to design it with some wiggle room. Plus my initial idea was to have it so I could remove the battery and dna30 assembly as one unit that would somehow connect to the other components via some type of plugs.

Maybe I'm just pulling a Don Quixote, but on the plus side I'm learning a new program and how to create things in 3D :)

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
Hey nothing wrong with learning, I am not a carpenter this is my second attempt to a wood mod AND I learn has I go.

This box is all hand made only tools used are a drill a hobby knife and lots of sand paper, you know what they say practice makes perfect, I was only stating that you can always improve no pun intended, and I do like your design.

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
@ vewdew, I know, right? whether it's a simple contact type connection (which I'd prefer), or a more complex solution. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

I really do appreciate your input. I, by no means, pretend to be an electrical, or a mechanical wizard. I'm just a guy that wants to learn more about how to create a decent APV :)

@ TheReign, when you get it in, post some pics. I'm always interested in checking out other modders works :)

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
So it's been a while since I've updated this thread cause I've been busy looking for a job :facepalm:. But I finally uploaded the parts of my SJbox-V1 onto shapeways.com. The price to print it out is a little cost prohibitive at the moment, approx. $80 including shipping. On top of that, I still need to pick up the buttons, wire, FD510, fuses, battery contacts, Hakko tips, etc. But on an upshot, the soldering iron I ordered from hobbyking back in April has FINALLY left WA :)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
So it's been a while since I've updated this thread cause I've been busy looking for a job :facepalm:. But I finally uploaded the parts of my SJbox-V1 onto shapeways.com. The price to print it out is a little cost prohibitive at the moment, approx. $80 including shipping. On top of that, I still need to pick up the buttons, wire, FD510, fuses, battery contacts, Hakko tips, etc. But on an upshot, the soldering iron I ordered from hobbyking back in April has FINALLY left WA :)

And...?

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Thanks classwife for re-opening this, you're the best :)

So… back at the ranch… I'm still working on the 3D files and trying to make it a bit smaller. But in the meantime, I've uploaded a DNAx cradle for the fasttech hana enclosure on shapeways and sculpteo. If you need some great info on building one, here's a great thread;

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nclosure-looking-tips-tricks-suggestions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread