Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have some of that, it doesn't exist until you look at it.

Yeah...

I know where Mine is, I just Don't Know how much I have? And as soon as I know How Much I have, I Don't know where it is. Guess it is My Fault for cheaping out and buying Quantum "Styled" Entangled Cotton from fasttech.

Although the Shipping was Great. I actually got it before I placed the Order.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I tried unwrapping one of them by hand. But it was only messing it up, so i didn't go ahead and do it. I tried the dry burning stuff. But just for 1-2 secs. So is it like each wrap should not touch each other?

There are contact coils, in which each wrap touches, and spaced coils, in which they don't. You can play around with them as you get used to coiling to see what works best. The only real limitation that I know of is that spaced SS coils tend to work better in TC than contact coils. Other than that, whatever you like best is the way it should be.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I did some calculations on a site steamengine.com. I hope that is reliable. It said for dual coil I need 14 wraps. So is it like 7 wraps on each coil. Or 14 on each? And if it's really 14 wraps, wouldn't it get to wide to fit the tanks?? :)
That is a nice looking coilnfor your first try! 14 wraps would be for both sides. I haven't used 26 in a while. If youlike big coils like that you may want to try a parallel after you have gotten a bit of practice. It uses two wires so it makes each coil equal to 2. It would work great with 26 ga. wire.
20180525_182141.jpg

These are 22 ga. A bit ridiculous but they hit really good. .15 ohms. 14 wraps is a bit big for RTAs this is in a Yun RDA which has a big build deck and wide posts.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
That is a nice looking coilnfor your first try! 14 wraps would be for both sides. I haven't used 26 in a while. If youlike big coils like that you may want to try a parallel after you have gotten a bit of practice. It uses two wires so it makes each coil equal to 2. It would work great with 26 ga. wire.
View attachment 744819
These are 22 ga. A bit ridiculous but they hit really good. .15 ohms. 14 wraps is a bit big for RTAs this is in a Yun RDA which has a big build deck and wide posts.

What's the diameter? That's where I've run into problems with long contact coils.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
32 wraps of 22 gauge wire must have an insane heat capacity, does the mod get uncomfortably hot while vaping that build?
The Yun is a tall atty with the coils set pretty low. It has additionsl airflow in the post in.the middle. I wouldn't do this on a DR. The coils.are too close to the top.It would get hot But the Yun has vaped nice with those. It produces a ton of vapor quickly so it doesn't have time to get too hot. When I was glowing them though, that's another story.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I'm envisioning 4 half wicks on the desk in rewick day.
I just twist it into a long thin point that can reach all the way through. You can't over wick them though. It gets a lot of traction going through just go light on the cotton. It wasn't too difficult to wick though. I didn't fully appreciate how strong 2 wires of 22 ga. is. I do now.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I just twist it into a long thin point that can reach all the way through. You can't over wick them though. It gets a lot of traction going through just go light on the cotton. It wasn't too difficult to wick though. I didn't fully appreciate how strong 2 wires of 22 ga. is. I do now.
I was thinking more along the lines of the old wicks . I'm guessing they have a tendency to burn in the middle.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I was thinking more along the lines of the old wicks . I'm guessing they have a tendency to burn in the middle.
Oh gotcha. I haven't used it much yet. It probably will burn a bit in the center. There is not a lot of room for dripping on the wicks either. I mostly built this out of curiosity. I use my pulse with a parallel single coil in it as my daily driver. The Yun is such a big atty with so much airflow I use it a lot for crazy builds.
20180522_171511.jpg

This is what i use on my EDC device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread