My first e-cig, an EgoT clone... what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
So I was really kicked about switching to e-cigs, and decided to buy one first and start the practice while i research my perfect device. Since I am in India and wanted one ASAP I chose to order from an Indian vendor first. from my not so deep search I found only one site offering an e-cig that is NOT shaped and sized like a cigarette:

Electronic Cigarette : Skywards India - Skywards E Cigarettes : Delivery all over India

Now the site is quite badly done and the only image of the cig I purchased is on the homepage labeled E-Tank. Its definitely not an original Joyetech EgoT, but a clone I guess. Received it 3 days back and have been using it ever since. I like it enough to have drastically reduced my analogs from 20 a day to about 3-4 a day and am hoping that i'll soon quit analogs completely. I also got 2 bottles of e-liquid from the same vendor. They seem to be manufacturing the liquid in India and when I spoke to the owner over the phone, he said that the liquid is purely VG based and does not contain PG. As far as the device goes, I like the fact that it can be refilled so easily. But I am still not feeling satisfied enough with the amount of vapor that this produces. Its probably less than half of the amount of smoke i would make with an analog. So as I had predicted, I think I need something better.

Could someone recommend what I should be looking at next? Here are some of my requirements:

1. Should be easy to maintain and refill. I dont mind expensive components but I dont see myself investing time daily into maintaining these things. I'd prefer a mechanism where I can just drip the liquid into the cartridge / tank / carto and not require using needles or a lot of skill. The tank system of the ego-T clone I have would sort of be my benchmark of 'easy'

2. Should be durable and long lasting. If I am importing from the US or China, I would probably want to stock up and save on frequent shipping charges. So if the consumables last longer, better for me

3. I'd prefer a battery that charges in passthrough mode. I am forgetful and am seemingly forgetting to charge my e-cig and having to resort to analogs (though its only been only 3 days and I might get used to putting it into the charger over time)

4. I'd love to own a stylish and cool looking device, preferably in scratch resistant stainless steel :) As in the last 3 days I have realised that I am holding on to this damn thing all through my waking hours and its suddenly gotten even more important to me than my mobile phone! So liking the design and feel is important too. Have looked at the the GLV2 and the Screwdriver and think they look real cool.

5. A battery indicator would also be really useful.

6. Most importantly it should be available at a store that delivers globally.

My head is buzzing with all the different kind of *mizers I have been reading about all over at the ECF so I might not be exactly sure of what kind of 'mizer' I need.

Please put in your recommendations ECFers :) Thanks

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , sounds like you need a VV PV, such as a Provari , or Lava Tube . Your already using all VG , so I don't see you getting anymore vapor than you already do , except by vaping at a higher voltage . I have a Provari , and seems to put out quite a bit of vapor at 4.3 volts and above . Good luck .

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Thanks people!

Welcome , sounds like you need a VV PV, such as a Provari , or Lava Tube . Your already using all VG , so I don't see you getting anymore vapor than you already do , except by vaping at a higher voltage . I have a Provari , and seems to put out quite a bit of vapor at 4.3 volts and above . Good luck .

Will look at the Provari, from initial glance it looked too pro for me :)

Here is the mod database and browse by feature lets you browse by country too
Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

There are also clone Ego 3-stage (3 voltage) passthroughs (3.2. 3.7. 4.2 - 5 clicks to go between) which may be called VV (variable voltage) but not really continuously variable - just 3 voltages.

Had a look at the DB and now I am more dizzy than earlier :p Will still go through them over time though.

Have you thought about getting some 510 Low Resistance atomizers and a 510 drip tip. Thats really about as easy as it gets and you will get a much more satisfying hit and plumes of vapor. With this setup you will just drip directly through the drip tip into the atomizer. This is how I was finally able to put down the cigs.

Well dripping is quite the opposite of what I am looking for... I need to have something that I can fill, shut and forget about refilling over the day. To me dripping sounds to be quite the opposite of that. But again, these are newbie thoughts which can change quickly :)

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Welcome to the ECF!
#1 Cartomizers. They are your friend for easy and low hassle. Some require Syringe to fill. Boges work just fine with a condem fill or dripping in the top to fill it up.
#2 Ego Batterys. Other folks may have other recomendations But a Genuine Ego battery is very durable and the Life of the battery is exceptional. (plus they work great with the Boge cartos :D)
#3 There are several Ego Passthroughs out on the market. However what i personally recomend is 1 or 2 ego bats for on the road and a Passthrough you can leave at the desk.
#4 No advice here for you sorry.
#5 The ugo, Ego clone, and Ego vv (a clone) all have displays at Litecigusa.net.
#6 Pretty sure litecig dose. They are slightly higher than other vendors 5-10% but the quality of service and speed of shipping keep me going back for hardware needs.

And on the Provari. I just got mine yesterday. I loved it so much i called into work today..... if that says anything. Thats my only call in day this entire work year.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    A mod is only the "battery" portion of the equation, and since you already have one of those I would suggest looking at other parts of the equation.
    First off VG tends to be light on TH without a high nic level. It also doesn't wick very well. So I would think a different juice supplier would be high on your to-do list. Juices between 80/20 & 50/50 PG/VG seem to be the norm.
    Second thing for your to-do list should be some low resistance cartomizers + a drip tip to use as a mouth piece.

Those two things alone should be enough to get you off the cigarettes, and keep you satisfied for a few months while you look for that all important mod.
    Running is so much easier when you learn to walk first.

Last edited:

darco

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 29, 2011
    India
    Thanks all of you.

@Tersur Congratulations on your new cool toy :) saw a pic of it on another thread, looks awesome! How long is that tank lasting you between refills?

@tj99959 thats good advice, I think i need to figure out my liquids ASAP. I am thinking of getting somekind of sampler pack of eliquid assortments. Could you recommend one from any store?

devils3rdeye

Dec 5, 2011
    india
    hi
    darco, am also from india , i also brought the same skywards e tank cigarette ,from waveban....i got it today...and after few uses battery stop working...i will talk to the vendor tomorrow...let see what they have 2 say...is yours working fine? i was looking frw to ego system for many months,and first experience isnt that pleasent.
    and do add me as your friend, may be we will be able to share info on where to buy best liquid and so on....as there arnt to many options in india as far as i know.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado John 3:16
    Save yourself a whole lot of trouble and money and go straight for the Darwin at nHaler. It is not too sophisticated for a beginner. It's the cat's meow. You can either drip with it or use cartos in tanks. Just do it. You won't be sorry. Get the 'deal' on Boge 510LR stainless steel cartos (for tanks) at Crystal Clear Vaping although they're out of stock right now. They're worth the wait....get on the list, it won't be long. Then come back here and tell us what you think! If you need any help with the setup (it's actually easy) just PM me. Have fun and good luck!

Tycho

Aug 14, 2011
    Tabernacle, NJ
    Darco,

I started the same way that you did. Did some reading on here, decided that I wanted to look closer at the ego-T and I found a local vendor that sold them near me. I was happy with what I saw so I picked up the kit.

It was working well for the first few days but something seemed to be missing. I did some more research on here and discovered that I bought an ego-T clone. I then spent days and days reading these forums, looking for what might be missing from my ego-T and my vaping experience. I decided to pick up some Low Resistance atty's from CigNot and a bigger battery. They worked much better for flavor and vapor then the clone did, so I was happy. Then the atty's stopped working. One burned out in a week, and the other got gunked up and wouldn't fire right in two weeks. I tried cleaning it but didn't have much luck.

So I went back to CigNot and pickup up 2 more atty's. This time they were the B type. I had read that they worked better then the A's and they held more liquid. I was very happy with them for about 2 weeks, then the leaking and burning started. No matter what I did I could not get these things to stop leaking or tasting very burnt. I finally gave in and bought a box of Boge LR cartomizers.

They worked really well. Great flavor, great vapor, and good throat hit on some juices. My biggest problem was that every 2 to 3 hours I would have to pull off the top and drop more juice into it. I always just drop the juice around the side and let the filler material soak it up. This worked well, but sometimes I can't stop to re-fill the carto.

Last week I purchased 3 ego mega dual coil carto's from MadVapes. The fit the ego battery very well and hold a tremendous amount of juice. I can vape for an 8 hour work day without re-filling or topping off. The flavor is great, the vapor out of this world, and the throat hit floored me. I really couldn't believe how well these worked. They also look really good on the ego battery. Not too big and bulky.

So about 2 months ago I was right were you are now. This was the path that I took and I ended up being disappointed with the ego-T. I really do like these mega dual coil cartomizers from SmokTech. They are around 2.55 a piece, and you will need around 20 or so for a real ego battery. They will not fit on your clone battery. For me it was worth the money spent and I am thoroughly enjoying them.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Tycho

darco

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 29, 2011
    India
    hi
    darco, am also from india , i also brought the same skywards e tank cigarette ,from waveban....i got it today...and after few uses battery stop working...i will talk to the vendor tomorrow...let see what they have 2 say...is yours working fine? i was looking frw to ego system for many months,and first experience isnt that pleasent.
    and do add me as your friend, may be we will be able to share info on where to buy best liquid and so on....as there arnt to many options in india as far as i know.

I have been using the eGoT Clone for about 4 days now, the battery is working fine though I think the atomizer is clogged by now as the Waveban eliquid is 100% VG. I didnt like the flavor of the liquid either, other basic ecigs that I have tried have had better flavor and TH. The device does look like its quality of manufacturing is much lower than the original Joye ego pics I have seen.

Educate yourself about repairable atomisers, bit much for a newbie at first but whilst you are finding your feet, have a look on threads abaout repairables.
    Then a good battery to compliment that.
    I personally use a Bulli A2, vapes brilliantly, low maintenance after a initial cost.
    Sort out a good atty first anyway.

Repairable atomizers, hmm I didnt know of them until you told me, will read about them, though I am sure I dont want to start with them. I need something easy to get me going and quit analogs. The Bulli A2 does look cool and not to difficult to get going with.

Save yourself a whole lot of trouble and money and go straight for the Darwin at nHaler. It is not too sophisticated for a beginner. It's the cat's meow. You can either drip with it or use cartos in tanks. Just do it. You won't be sorry. Get the 'deal' on Boge 510LR stainless steel cartos (for tanks) at Crystal Clear Vaping although they're out of stock right now. They're worth the wait....get on the list, it won't be long. Then come back here and tell us what you think! If you need any help with the setup (it's actually easy) just PM me. Have fun and good luck!

The Darwin looks cool! I almost decided to buy it and I realize that a VV could get super useful, but only once I know what I am doing :) So i decided to hold on with that and first figure out Attys, cartos and eliquid using a fixed voltage battery. Though its right on the top of my wishlist now! Thanks for pointing it out, will read more about it.

Darco,

I started the same way that you did. Did some reading on here, decided that I wanted to look closer at the ego-T and I found a local vendor that sold them near me. I was happy with what I saw so I picked up the kit.

It was working well for the first few days but something seemed to be missing. I did some more research on here and discovered that I bought an ego-T clone. I then spent days and days reading these forums, looking for what might be missing from my ego-T and my vaping experience. I decided to pick up some Low Resistance atty's from CigNot and a bigger battery. They worked much better for flavor and vapor then the clone did, so I was happy. Then the atty's stopped working. One burned out in a week, and the other got gunked up and wouldn't fire right in two weeks. I tried cleaning it but didn't have much luck.

So I went back to CigNot and pickup up 2 more atty's. This time they were the B type. I had read that they worked better then the A's and they held more liquid. I was very happy with them for about 2 weeks, then the leaking and burning started. No matter what I did I could not get these things to stop leaking or tasting very burnt. I finally gave in and bought a box of Boge LR cartomizers.

They worked really well. Great flavor, great vapor, and good throat hit on some juices. My biggest problem was that every 2 to 3 hours I would have to pull off the top and drop more juice into it. I always just drop the juice around the side and let the filler material soak it up. This worked well, but sometimes I can't stop to re-fill the carto.

Last week I purchased 3 ego mega dual coil carto's from MadVapes. The fit the ego battery very well and hold a tremendous amount of juice. I can vape for an 8 hour work day without re-filling or topping off. The flavor is great, the vapor out of this world, and the throat hit floored me. I really couldn't believe how well these worked. They also look really good on the ego battery. Not too big and bulky.

So about 2 months ago I was right were you are now. This was the path that I took and I ended up being disappointed with the ego-T. I really do like these mega dual coil cartomizers from SmokTech. They are around 2.55 a piece, and you will need around 20 or so for a real ego battery. They will not fit on your clone battery. For me it was worth the money spent and I am thoroughly enjoying them.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Tycho

Yep I seem to be going the exact path that you have taken, and I just ordered a huge loot from Health Cabin as they seem to have experience with sending goods successfully to where I am. I got about 5 cartos of the HC mega cartos -
    5pc eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer (with HC Logo) - $12.60 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail-- - which seem to be similar to the SmokTech Mega cartos. How many times can you refill these? What do you mean by me needing 20 of those for a real ego battery?

I just posted about my entire loot here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-help-my-first-big-order-2.html#post4722439

devils3rdeye

Dec 5, 2011
    india
    @darco ,i have been using e cig for last 8 months....now a days i use PGbase liquid.As mostly i use cartomizers, and vg base isn't made for it.i am using DeKang E-Juices(i hope so, i usually get it from indian distributor,the bottle n liquid test same as dekang). i really love it...but there isnt much choice in flavors. they have hardly 3-4 types.And if buy in bulk ,you might get great discounts,but you have to ask for it. I tried all kind of stuff thats available in indian market,and actually still looking :).
    mail me , i will send you all the links i found... devils3rdeye@gmail.com
    oh today i got a feedback for e-tank i bought, they asked me to mail it back , they will replace it. Ah have to wait another 1 week for it at least.:D

Tycho

Aug 14, 2011
    Tabernacle, NJ
    Yep I seem to be going the exact path that you have taken, and I just ordered a huge loot from Health Cabin as they seem to have experience with sending goods successfully to where I am. I got about 5 cartos of the HC mega cartos -
    5pc eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer (with HC Logo) - $12.60 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail-- - which seem to be similar to the SmokTech Mega cartos. How many times can you refill these? What do you mean by me needing 20 of those for a real ego battery?

I just posted about my entire loot here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-help-my-first-big-order-2.html#post4722439

Sorry, I forgot to put in the dollar sign. For a genuine Joye ego battery you will spend around $20.00. I think I got my 1000 mah battery for $17.00 or $18.00. The mega dual's that I got fit over the outer threads and screw into the 510 threads on the battery. I tried to screw the carto on my clone batteries and it would not fit. The 510 threads sit too far down in the battery to make a connection.

I have been using 2 of them for the past week and have re-filled them both over 10 times. So far they are both going strong. I have read on the forums that some people have gotten 3 weeks of use out of one mega dual, and others have gone well over a month. The also hold a lot of e-juice so I hope you find a flavor that you like. Perhaps you can experiment with the ego-T to find a good flavor then fill up the carto with one you like. If the taste is good on the ego-T then it will be great in the carto. If you don't like it in the ego-T, then you most likely will not like it in the cartomizer. One good thing about the ego-T is that the tanks are easy to clean out.

Tycho

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast

Ahhh, Grasshopper, you have learned well...!
    201011041816BUK.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread