Joshinthecity

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Sydney
www.joshinthecity.com
I dunno.
Yet.
(see post about spinning post)
I did fire it quickly on the Evic, just to make sure all was well. It glowed beautifully and evenly.

0.9 ohm. (according to the Evic, not sure how accurate it is at sub-ohm levels...)
9 wraps 28g.
boiled cotton wick.

I'm BUSTING to try it..

Looks like I'm right in the deep end.
First mech mod.
first coil.
and I'm into the sub-ohm club.

Go hard or go home I guess..

:)

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
0.9 Ω is no problem. If you go lower - say to 0.4, then you will need to make sure you are using very good batteries. I'd not recommend you do so just yet!

Also - sub-Ohm coils mean you have to clean your firing pin more often (i use about 1 Ω coils and have to file and noalox mine once a week).

The good news is that Rob is making a sub-ohm kit, which will benefit all metal Reo users by reducing voltage drop.

T

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
You still wrapping them on that chainsaw?

T

Yep, two wraps around the kick-back guard puts me at 2.0 ohms. Vapes ok but it burns my cotton wick in half in short order.
I think I got a fuel line on my saw that may be near the right diameter--I'll try that tomorrow.:)

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
i blame the cotton! I'll stick to silica.

20g kanthal round that guard ofc! 5x 18700s for that toasty warm up time!

Sounds like my idea of heaven. until i have to use another 35ft to make a coil! ;) - rewick what? once a week? more with cotton i'm sure.

T

Logging in the Inland Northwest is like working in a 3rd world country. We don't get coffee breaks so there would be no time to wait for that 20 ga. Kanthal to start to warm up. I could be wrong but I don't think it'll work, Super T.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread