Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
im going on holiday and i want to know what is easiest and quickest. I usually vape mechs and regs with external batteries. I was thinking it would be easier to invest in an istick or 2 and charge via the USB, rather than take spare batteries and a d4 and all that.
Only a short break, maybe 4 days in Spain or Italy, I'm British so they're are very close by.
Any ideas?

What do you guys do when going on a short break?

Also, if I keep the 1st vape in my pocket as I go through security, put it in the tray and walk through the metal detectors is it likely that I can just pick my vape back up or should I pack it completely away?
batteries in go in hand luggage?

I'm not sure how all of it works, any tips please.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
im going on holiday and i want to know what is easiest and quickest. I usually vape mechs and regs with external batteries. I was thinking it would be easier to invest in an istick or 2 and charge via the USB, rather than take spare batteries and a d4 and all that.
Only a short break, maybe 4 days in Spain or Italy, I'm British so they're are very close by.
Any ideas?

What do you guys do when going on a short break?

Also, if I keep the 1st vape in my pocket as I go through security, put it in the tray and walk through the metal detectors is it likely that I can just pick my vape back up or should I pack it completely away?
Batteries in go in hand luggage?

I'm not sure how all of it works, any tips please.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I travel a lot and have a spare set up for all the accessories like charger and such. For that few days you wont need any building supplies if you bring another tank. I have the spare tank built, but dry. You may never use the Isticks again so why spend the money. Seems all you really need to bring is a charger that can go in your checked bag.

Don't worry about security with a mod. As long as your under the limits for liquids you're fine.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I travel a lot and have a spare set up for all the accessories like charger and such. For that few days you wont need any building supplies if you bring another tank. I have the spare tank built, but dry. You may never use the Isticks again so why spend the money. Seems all you really need to bring is a charger that can go in your checked bag.

Don't worry about security with a mod. As long as your under the limits for liquids you're fine.

Okay, some more questions for you then.
How many batteries (in terms of 18650s) would you take for four days? Edit:I don't vape high wattage. Down at the 11 watt mark.
Do I have to concern myself with the power of foreign plugs or will my charger only take enough power so it will be fine?
Have never taken electronics of any sort on holiday apart from a phone and I can't remember how I dealt with that.
Do I just buy an adapter for the country I'm visiting?

Reactions: Jdurand

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, you definitely need a plug adapter, but they're totally safe. Well, to be fair, my mother's computer blew up when plugged into an adapter, but to be fair, she was in Jerusalem, and where she was staying was, ah, not exactly as advertised. It was pretty much a shack, TBH.

For convenience since it's 4 days, you could certainly just bring some extra, charged batteries, and replace as needed.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Okay, some more questions for you then.
How many batteries (in terms of 18650s) would you take for four days? Edit:I don't vape high wattage. Down at the 11 watt mark.
Do I have to concern myself with the power of foreign plugs or will my charger only take enough power so it will be fine?
Have never taken electronics of any sort on holiday apart from a phone and I can't remember how I dealt with that.
Do I just buy an adapter for the country I'm visiting?

Your on a provari aren't you? I go through two 18650's a day with those AW batteries running 11-12 watts.

You need to ask yourself how many times a day do you need to change batteries at home, then take that many x how many days you will be gone + two or three more for extra vaping (especially if you plan on drinking, or doing much relaxing in general. )

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly, if it were me, I'd bring enough batteries AND the charger and an adapter, just in case, you know? You don't actually have to use it, but it's good to be on the safe side.... Though I imagine any electronics and batteries you're going to pack in your carry on, but the adapter and the plug can go in your checked baggage.... I think a lot of airports will sell you adapters (at vastly inflated prices, though) based on where you are going. I'd check it out myself, personally, and find a place to buy one.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
What about full tanks while flying. Obviously I will be vaping on the way to the flight so do I have to bin the juice that's in the tank?

Everything going on the flight with me, all is carry on.

Also, I'm taking five batteries, in regs, with their boxes and charging cables. I never charge that way but if I need to I will. I have the adapter for spain so can I plug my iPod plug in that and use the USB port that way?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Don't vape on airplanes, seriously, it's not a good idea. Or if you do, bring a tiny MTL tank and vape stealthily in the bathroom, if you must. TBH I think some airlines are now trying to figure out ways to find out if people are doing that. So, know the risks, you don't want to be met by airline security in the airport... Aircarriers are private companies, they can enforce whatever idiocy they see fit, though even back when I could SMOKE on a plane and happily did so, I was like "Is this really a good idea?"

To answer your question though, your filled tanks should be unscrewed and placed inside those ziplock baggies along with whatever other liquids you are carrying on. As far as I know, there hasn't been any incidents about that, so if you're bringing 2.5 mls in your tank, that tank becomes one item in the "liquids" bag. I wouldn't try to hide anything, airport security isn't going to hassle you. Larger juices can go in luggage AFAIK with no ill effects... If it's ALL going to be carry on you need to make sure your juice bottles are small enough to fit the carry on requirements (you can look them up at the airport you are flying out of. DON'T put ANY batteries in luggage, I imagine it would NOT be good for them, nor any electronics. Most people are able to bring what they need for vacation IN carry on with no hassles.... So just check the liquids requirement, depending on how much you need to bring.

I *always* bring nic lozenges with me for flights as technically, e-cigs are prohibited for use on all airlines now, period. I had my issues with that with Southwest very early on in the vaping process, and don't want to repeat my experience.

There are some good threads on the travel forum, including experiences with airlines. You can charge via USB if that's easier than bringing a charger, but unless space is at a premium, and you have the adaptor for Spain, no reason NOT to use your battery charger, if you have several things to plug in, I BELIEVE you could just get a dual plug adaptor so you can plug in more things at a time? If USB is easier, no reason not to do that for a short vacation.

Have a great time!

Anna

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
What about full tanks while flying. Obviously I will be vaping on the way to the flight so do I have to bin the juice that's in the tank?

Everything going on the flight with me, all is carry on.

Also, I'm taking five batteries, in regs, with their boxes and charging cables. I never charge that way but if I need to I will. I have the adapter for spain so can I plug my iPod plug in that and use the USB port that way?
Hi mate,
Don't fill the tank all the way. Fill just enough to get you to security and then remove and empty the last few drops. Put the tank in a zipper bag and tuck it in with your liquids. If you store the tank emptied, as the air pressure changes in flight, the tank should be able to breath a bit, but a drop or two of leakage is almost unavoidable.
If you are charging via USB, consider that only one device can be charged per wall adapter at a time.

Where in Spain are ya headed?

Safe Travels
I

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
DON'T put ANY batteries in luggage, I imagine it would NOT be good for them, nor any electronics.

What do you mean? All of it is carry on so I didn't think it is a problem. Plus, my carry on luggage won't have any electronics. My phone will be in my pocket, my iPad will be in with my other bag beneath my seat.
Best to put them in the carry on luggage eh?

@Izan
Murcia, my uncle lives there so we'll meet up.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi mate,
Don't fill the tank all the way. Fill just enough to get you to security and then remove and empty the last few drops. Put the tank in a zipper bag and tuck it in with your liquids. If you store the tank emptied, as the air pressure changes in flight, the tank should be able to breath a bit, but a drop or two of leakage is almost unavoidable.
If you are charging via USB, consider that only one device can be charged per wall adapter at a time.

Where in Spain are ya headed?

Safe Travels
I

Thanks. Great stuff. I'll just empty them back in the ejuice bottle. Flights only 2.5 hours so no worries for me :thumb:

Reactions: Izan

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'm going away for a week in Aug. Previous trips I just took Spinners for simplicity. This time I'm thinking of taking a couple of Picos because you can charge them on USB. Don't normally do that but it's only for a week. Or I might just take Spinners and Pro Tanks again. Way I see it I should be able to do without my fancy gear for a few days. Why make life complicated.

I'll pack a bottle of high nic unflavored juice with no VG. That's good for vaping in places where you aren't supposed to vape.

I don't think you have to but I've heard it recommended to take batteries out of mods and keep them in a battery case. I keep juice in one bag and hardware in another. I've never had anyone examine them. They took a look and waved me through. They've all been trained on what it is.

I've sat in cafes at destination airports drinking coffee and filling my tanks. Got some funny looks and some people laughing.

And don't forget the nic lozenges. You never know when you might get stuck in an airport all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread