My first Mech! GP PAPS LUX v3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPBALLER

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO
It's a good day! Just received some exciting vapemail, my first mechanical mod! Enter the GP PAPS LUX v3 :thumbs: I had been eyeing this for a while after looking more into mechs about a month or two ago, but had a hard time catching them in stock. When I got the notification this time around I was ready and had it ordered (along with the 18350 and 18650 tubes) within minutes.

I also need to mention the AMAZING customer service of Domo Vapor Co. from whom I sourced this mod. Blake went above and beyond to help me solve a shipping issue (USPS's fault, not Domo's), quickly responding to my email well after business hours ended.

It is magnificent, VapOurArt is an aptly named company, this is like a working piece of art. My cell phone pictures (and oily fingers) don't do it justice, but here are some quick pictures anyway:

Now I just need the rest of the vapemail to come (batteries!) so I can start using this beauty :vapor:

P.s. not sure how to get the pictures larger in this thread, but a click will do it for those who want to see more detail.

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
If you go to other forums like Calivapers...you can get used one for under $200 and under ...

Thanks bud! I actually got one last week, but thanks for the heads up! :toast:

ujemavu3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
How do you like their driptips? thinking of ordering one, I'm running out of drip tips for my toppers lol

Its crafted very nicely, as expected from GP. A bit surprised that the bore is wider than the stock KFL! I actually love it! It wont disappoint! :cheers:

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Congratulations on your first mechanical mod and your first GP! You picked a real winner with the GP Paps v3 LUX. The GP Paps v2.1 was my first mechanical. I've purchased and I like a lot of other mods, but GP is my favorite. It can be a little frustrating because Vapourart continues to innovate and make minor improvements and release newer versions, but I guess that's better than resting on your laurels. I love the GPin - it's hard to go back to telescoping screws in prior models and in other mods when you don't have to worry about making adjustments (not including switching out the long and short pins depending on your tube/battery combination, which is why I got an extra GPin).

I have all of the drip tips but they're not really my style and I rarely use them (I prefer wide bore short drip tips).

$200 is too much to pay for a Paps v3 SS. Just wait for the next Vapourday and get it direct from Vapourart or subsequently from Domo. ECF has rules against flipping above a 20% markup and you'll typically pay more on Calivapers.

You should visit the Vapourart threads here on ECF - there are a lot of GP fanatics who like to chit chat and make everyone feel welcome. We have a good time.

sparc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
West Side till I die
Heron delivered, but has to wait at home until I get off of work! First non kfl/r91 I bought! So excited! :D

I haven't used my KFL since I got the Heron. It took me a few tries to get in the right amount of fluff to my liking. Other than that it's a simple build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread