My first micro coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Here is my first micro coil, can someone take a look and see what you think? This was made for a kayfun Lite running on a SmokTech SID. I hit 1.6 ohms using 28 awg with 10/9 coils. It hit pretty good but I don't think I got enough cotton through the coil. The leads are hooked up right, right? The top lead goes to the bottom post? I tried it the other way but on this clone the bottom of the post screws are rounded and the wire kept coming out when I was tightening then down... IMG_20140227_222258758298893.jpg IMG_20140227_221904-761063002.jpg IMG_20140227_221504-1533121061.jpg

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Yeah I managed to thread a 1mm EkoWool wick and double it back through. Don't ask me how, it wasn't easy.... but there is something wrong with my Kayfun lite clone. It just constantly leaks out of the air intake hole (I've lost 25 bucks worth of juice so far). I'm trying to swap mine out for a new one from this dude on ebay but I don't think he believes me. I have tried everything with this thing and every time I fill it up from the top or bottom it just pours juice out of the air intake hole. If he won't help me the only thing I know to do is to throw it in the trash! :'(

Butters80

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Boise, ID
I have a russian 91% and a kayfun light clone. No troubles with leaks. The russian is genuine from kebo. Might run through all your o rings. I only fill from the bottom of the tank.....just doing my damnedest not to jinx myself with leaks. Anyway.... It's a phenomenal setup. Don't let a few hickups get in the way of an awesome vape. :vapor:

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I heard something about covering the fill hole when your first juicing up the kayfun? Maybe this is your issue. A friend of mine currently has this issue and to be honest if pushing me away from getting a kayfun.

Yeah I cover the air intake hole every time. Air has got to be getting in from somewhere, I've checked everything... :'(

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
Someone else on this forum has the very same problem with a leaking kayfun clone... I tried my best to help him but I couldn't figure out why his was leaking either. I'm guessing somehow that once all put together your chimney is flooding somehow. Gl man hope you figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Yeah I managed to thread a 1mm EkoWool wick and double it back through. Don't ask me how, it wasn't easy.... but there is something wrong with my Kayfun lite clone. It just constantly leaks out of the air intake hole (I've lost 25 bucks worth of juice so far). I'm trying to swap mine out for a new one from this dude on ebay but I don't think he believes me. I have tried everything with this thing and every time I fill it up from the top or bottom it just pours juice out of the air intake hole. If he won't help me the only thing I know to do is to throw it in the trash! :'(

1. Make sure you are filling the kayfun up through the bottom screw hole, using a syringe or something.

2. Make sure the kayfun is AIRTIGHT. If it isn't it WILL leak from the air hole.

3. Make sure you aren't over filling the kayfun lite clone.

4. If it still leaks, try turning the mod upside down, and sucking through the vent hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread