My first "proper" PVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Hey folks,

Well for those of you who read my earlier threads my cousin's definitely getting my eGo to me & it should be here in the next 3 days (allegedly :p ).

I did get sick of the disposable e-cigs, even though I lucked out in getting ones that must have been better than average. The result is that I did cave in get a quick-delivered 510 kit early last week. It's pretty good, the full carts that came with it aren't a great flavour for me (USA mix - I want to get away from tobacco flavours really) but they're acceptable & I'm too stingy not to use them up.

If Chrissie reads this I owe you thanks - I went for the VapeEscape deal, which was very affordable and delivered swiftly, and the discount code you gave me worked perfectly for a 10% reduction so you saved me time & £££££ - big cheers :)

The 510 kit is nice for the price. 2 batteries & 5 carts, only 1 atty but that didn't worry me partly coz I'll be getting 2 with the eGo soon and partly for a reason that will become clear below. They also included a free drip tip which was nice of them. Not sure it's utile with two automatic batteries but I'm not complaining -it'll save me buying a 1st one when the eGo finally arrives. This PV vapes very acceptably & the batteries last longer than I would've expected. I could live with a little more vapour production but it does the job. It's excellent for the price (under £20 before postage) and for starters. I like the discreet black styling too & I'm convinced it'll be handy to have something this small.

Strangely though the 510 was narrowly not my 1st "real" PV. Just the day before it was delivered I was at a big car boot sale. On my way towards the exit I spotted a little 808 carto kit still sealed in the original packaging. Even with the 510 on order I figured this might come in handy, especially as it contained 10 cartos. It was near the end of the sale too so managed to pick it up for £2 :p Now the cartos supplied with this have a fairly gross aftertaste, but they're still better than analogs and may come in handy in an emergency. It produces quite a decent cloud of vapour for it's provenance too. Getting some blank cartos for it to fill with something nicer is definitely something I'll consider in the future. Also it's kinda analog-styled which is a route I'm not likely to go down with other purchases but I can see may be useful for some situations.

So, I'm still off the baccy and happily vaping :vapor: I now also have a spare 510 atty (just in case), blank carts and a range of ejuice samples on order (all from UK suppliers so they shouldn't take too long :laugh: ) so I'm looking forward to getting more, erm, I dunno - serious? about this :2cool:

Cheers, ethnobot

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello Ethnobot, good to see you again & pleased to hear you like your 510 - you are going to love the eGo when you get it ;D

Re the 808 you bought (what a bargain), you can refill the cartomisers that came with it One of the easiest ways is via what is known as the condom method -

YouTube - ‪A double demo! The Cartomizer Condom Filling Method, and the Taryn Spin.‬‏

You can also buy spares for the 808 from Liberty-flights (use discount code ECR69 for 15% off)

Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - KR808D-1 Cartomizer

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Blank Boge cartomizers work very nicely on 510 and Ego. Ego can use standard or low riisstance cartos. 510 needs the standard resistance ones (low resistances can damage a slim battery). The cartomizer would replace botht he atomizer and cart on the slim 510, making it more cigarette-like.

Note though - if you have auto batteries on the slim 510, carto leaks can damage or kill auto batteries since if a carto leaks it will do it right over the hole in the end of the auto battery and autos have their drag sensor right there.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Lol, you have just made me blush :blush: :D

I just like the way you always take the time to not just advise us noobs but research the best deals & stuff – respect :)

Blank Boge cartomizers work very nicely on 510 and Ego. Ego can use standard or low riisstance cartos. 510 needs the standard resistance ones (low resistances can damage a slim battery). The cartomizer would replace botht he atomizer and cart on the slim 510, making it more cigarette-like.

Note though - if you have auto batteries on the slim 510, carto leaks can damage or kill auto batteries since if a carto leaks it will do it right over the hole in the end of the auto battery and autos have their drag sensor right there.

Thanks for the detailed & accurate advice :) I actually prefer vaping with a cart and atty setup mostly & coz of that I'm concentrating mostly on the 510 stuff of that nature. The 808 (which I mostly just picked up coz it was, as previously stated, a bargain) is a useful spare/standby – it's really a coincidence that it's an analogalike (did I just invent a new word lol) but I must admit that in an echo of a recent thread I have found occasions when that look has been useful. I've vaped it a couple times when I've been in proximity to meatheads to whom I couldn't be bothered to explain & felt more comfortable for the ability to do that. I don't wanna make the 510 look more cigarette-like though. That's for using with all my favourite stuff and in future being a smaller backup for the sainted eGo. I'll leave the white-and-tan bit to the 808.

Cheers, ethnobot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread