Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
In the next day or so my Provari mini will arrive. I'd appreciate your advice on two questions:

First, I want to use it as an out-and-about PV replacing my twist. It will go into my jacket pocket. Perhaps upright and most likely on its side as gravity exerts its pull. For short trips out, I don't want to carry a juice bottle. Given this backdrop, what toppers do you all like?
Obviously, taste and vapor are important. But, avoidance of problems (leaking tanks, whatever) is also key. What do you think?

Second, Is there a thread or two or three among the many that is a must to subscribe to in order to keep up with the world of Provari?

Looking forward to your advice.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I have a borrowed ibTank which will be the first to try.
I used a Protank 2 on another mod, and have to say it gave me bad or no taste.
I also used an Aspire BDC glassomizer and discovered that it's very easy when removing from the mod to unscrew the tank glass from the tank bottom, instead of the whole tank unit unscrewing from the mod. Very nasty experience, which has made me paranoid about using it on the new vari.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I have actually had IBTanked tanks pull off of the carto in my pocket, so there's a slight risk of that. Others, obviously, haven't suffered that fate.

For tanks with premade coil units, I'd suggest either the aspire nautilus or the kanger aerotank - nice sizes (the nautilus is especially capacious) and nary a leaking issue (in my experience). The aero would fit your provari stock, while you'd probably want a beauty ring of some sort for the nautilus as it's a larger diameter.

If you're up to rebuildables, I can't say enough good things about the kayfun family of toppers (any model and just about any clone). They look very fine on a provari and provide excellent vapor and taste while being one of the easier platforms to build on.

Nugsy

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
NJ
I have actually had IBTanked tanks pull off of the carto in my pocket, so there's a slight risk of that. Others, obviously, haven't suffered that fate.

For tanks with premade coil units, I'd suggest either the aspire nautilus or the kanger aerotank - nice sizes (the nautilus is especially capacious) and nary a leaking issue (in my experience). The aero would fit your provari stock, while you'd probably want a beauty ring of some sort for the nautilus as it's a larger diameter.

If you're up to rebuildables, I can't say enough good things about the kayfun family of toppers (any model and just about any clone). They look very fine on a provari and provide excellent vapor and taste while being one of the easier platforms to build on.

I dont even think u need a beauty ring with the nautilus and provari. While it doesnt sit flush on mine it is the same diameter as most of the tube, just not the top but i can see how others would want that seamless look

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I use IBTanked tanks, best tank for the price, IMO. I've yet to have one slip off a carto. I've since switched to using a Sophia in an IBTanked tank and the flavor is awesome. In fact, the MBV Mudslide with two extra shots is now too intense. Never had a leaking issue with the IBTanked tanks. Then I've never had leaking issues with any atomizer.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
Congrats NewYork!!! Welcome to the ProVari family :). My two Minis go every where with me, one at a time of course ;). I keep them in my purse, sometime they fall over in there and don't stay standing straight up. I have mostly IBTanked Tanks but a few others as well and non of them leak, no matter how they are positioned on a daily basis. ProVaris are tanks! I wouldn't trade mine for anything! I just keep a spare battery or two with me and sometimes I don't even need them. I love ProVaris :)

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTanked_Std_22mm_Tank.jpg IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg IBTankedXL22.jpg

IBTanked pyrex cartotanks - review

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hi Gina,
Hope you've gotten over your hand injury. Surprised you didn't mention the Sophia!;)
Congrats NewYork!!! Welcome to the ProVari family :). My two Minis go every where with me, one at a time of course ;). I keep them in my purse, sometime they fall over in there and don't stay standing straight up. I have mostly IBTanked Tanks but a few others as well and non of them leak, no matter how they are positioned on a daily basis. ProVaris are tanks! I wouldn't trade mine for anything! I just keep a spare battery or two with me and sometimes I don't even need them. I love ProVaris :)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread