Not open for further replies.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Today my Silver Matte ProVari arrived. This is the most expensive single item I have bought since I started vaping. I love it (of course)~!

Some background:

I pulled the trigger to quit smoking and start vaping back in AUG. Went from a 2PAD to smoke-free in 48hrs (all thanks to vaping), zero cigs since (even though I told myself and my lovely wife that I would smoke if I wanted to do so). So, I do wish to point out that vaping as a method to quit smoking has worked very well for me.

I started out with cig-a-likes from V2. Batteries, chargers, carts - very easy to use, lots of stuff to carry around, was an OK beginning. Bout 4 weeks in, went on a vacation to south Florida, and planned to vape on the trip. While there, found a B&M vape store, so wandered in and came out with a Joyetech 650mah pass-through and a Viva Nova and some tasty juice. A new world opened up to me, but it was kind of big and bulky (compared to cigs) so wasn't to sure, but the flavor/taste got me hooked~! Course, their juice was $8.99 per 10ml bottle, no other sizes or discounts - yuck!

So, between then and now, I got an 'eVic', an 'itaste vv', and an 'itaste mvp' - as well as more Joyetech batteries. I started searching for my EDV (at a price I could afford), and ran through many, many clearos, and so called 'tanks'. Learned about gurgling, leaking, sucking juice (very yuck) - but still spent less than my 5-6 cartons per month, and remained smoke-free.

When I decided that I must get a 'ProVari', it was out of a desire to have a well-made VV on the smaller side, without some of the bells and whistles that I felt no need for (puff count anyone?). The eVic was OK, but felt a bit on the cheap side, was top-heavy, and the 'ring' kept getting in my way whenever I pushed the button.

Having 'OA', and hands that work less than perfect, finding a 'battery-holder' that felt good in my hands, not too heavy, but with enough power to last me either all day, or most of a day, with a fire button that was both easy to push, but not by mistake - thesae were the things that led me to the ProVari.

I knew before it arrived that it would be a bit smaller than expected, yet due to it's strong build, not light. I hoped for and found the firing switch to be completely perfect in all aspects - easy to push, solid, with a long-enough throw to not fire it by mistake. I'd found the 10 second cut-off that most other devices used to at times be too short for my liking, so the fact that the ProVari doesn't cut-off until 16 seconds is a real plus.

The MVP was a nice box shape, but the fire button I found too hard to push, not easy to find, and just uncomfortable - even though the battery life was good. The VV had a much nicer fire button, and not being round meant it didn't roll off of tables, but I found the battery life to be too short for my typical day. The eVic just didn't feel *good* to me, rather hard to pin down, quality not to my expectations, after a few weeks of use, it began to feel 'loose', and somewhat less than durable. Between the three, even after shopping for deals, I had more than $225 invested, and 2 of the 3 had batteries that could not be replaced.

So here is the ProVari:

First off, much to my great surprise, using the same Vivi Nova, and the same juice I have come to like, the overall taste/flavor has improved~! I had thought that I was simply upgrading the 'battery-holder', the source of power for my vaping. Better quality to be sure, better comfort, better feel in my hands, all expected, and delivered! But for the actual vaping to improve as well? Again, I am but a 3 month novice here, not any kind of designer, mixologist, or connoisseur of vapage. Just a simple ex-smoker of Marlboros that likes shades of Vanilla in an 80/20 PG/VG mix.

I'd read that the consistantcy from moment to moment would improve, but that the overall flavor would jump? We're talking about a 2+ week old Vivi Nova, with a stock coil (no mods of any kind to it) that has had at least 20-30mls of juice ran through it so far - with no cleaning or anything. So, here I am, some 4-5hrs after charging the battery after running about 3mls through the Vivi and I've got to say this jump was like the change from 808s with prefilled carts to the Joyetech and juice. Just think what will happen when my IBTanks arrive?!

So, I too am a believer, now I get it. It *is* more than just hype in my book. Yes, disabled on a fixed income, the price *is* steep. But, for what you get, and for what you will have for some time to come, it is well worth the price of admission.

Perhaps in a few months, I will be able to get a 'Sophia' and some pre-built coils to go with it? I may even be able to learn to build coils with these less-than-good hands.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
So glad you love it! Enjoy! :vapor: :toast:

Today my Silver Matte ProVari arrived. This is the most expensive single item I have bought since I started vaping. I love it (of course)~!

Some background:

I pulled the trigger to quit smoking and start vaping back in AUG. Went from a 2PAD to smoke-free in 48hrs (all thanks to vaping), zero cigs since (even though I told myself and my lovely wife that I would smoke if I wanted to do so). So, I do wish to point out that vaping as a method to quit smoking has worked very well for me.

I started out with cig-a-likes from V2. Batteries, chargers, carts - very easy to use, lots of stuff to carry around, was an OK beginning. Bout 4 weeks in, went on a vacation to south Florida, and planned to vape on the trip. While there, found a B&M vape store, so wandered in and came out with a Joyetech 650mah pass-through and a Viva Nova and some tasty juice. A new world opened up to me, but it was kind of big and bulky (compared to cigs) so wasn't to sure, but the flavor/taste got me hooked~! Course, their juice was $8.99 per 10ml bottle, no other sizes or discounts - yuck!

So, between then and now, I got an 'eVic', an 'itaste vv', and an 'itaste mvp' - as well as more Joyetech batteries. I started searching for my EDV (at a price I could afford), and ran through many, many clearos, and so called 'tanks'. Learned about gurgling, leaking, sucking juice (very yuck) - but still spent less than my 5-6 cartons per month, and remained smoke-free.

When I decided that I must get a 'ProVari', it was out of a desire to have a well-made VV on the smaller side, without some of the bells and whistles that I felt no need for (puff count anyone?). The eVic was OK, but felt a bit on the cheap side, was top-heavy, and the 'ring' kept getting in my way whenever I pushed the button.

Having 'OA', and hands that work less than perfect, finding a 'battery-holder' that felt good in my hands, not too heavy, but with enough power to last me either all day, or most of a day, with a fire button that was both easy to push, but not by mistake - thesae were the things that led me to the ProVari.

I knew before it arrived that it would be a bit smaller than expected, yet due to it's strong build, not light. I hoped for and found the firing switch to be completely perfect in all aspects - easy to push, solid, with a long-enough throw to not fire it by mistake. I'd found the 10 second cut-off that most other devices used to at times be too short for my liking, so the fact that the ProVari doesn't cut-off until 16 seconds is a real plus.

The MVP was a nice box shape, but the fire button I found too hard to push, not easy to find, and just uncomfortable - even though the battery life was good. The VV had a much nicer fire button, and not being round meant it didn't roll off of tables, but I found the battery life to be too short for my typical day. The eVic just didn't feel *good* to me, rather hard to pin down, quality not to my expectations, after a few weeks of use, it began to feel 'loose', and somewhat less than durable. Between the three, even after shopping for deals, I had more than $225 invested, and 2 of the 3 had batteries that could not be replaced.

So here is the ProVari:

First off, much to my great surprise, using the same Vivi Nova, and the same juice I have come to like, the overall taste/flavor has improved~! I had thought that I was simply upgrading the 'battery-holder', the source of power for my vaping. Better quality to be sure, better comfort, better feel in my hands, all expected, and delivered! But for the actual vaping to improve as well? Again, I am but a 3 month novice here, not any kind of designer, mixologist, or connoisseur of vapage. Just a simple ex-smoker of Marlboros that likes shades of Vanilla in an 80/20 PG/VG mix.

I'd read that the consistantcy from moment to moment would improve, but that the overall flavor would jump? We're talking about a 2+ week old Vivi Nova, with a stock coil (no mods of any kind to it) that has had at least 20-30mls of juice ran through it so far - with no cleaning or anything. So, here I am, some 4-5hrs after charging the battery after running about 3mls through the Vivi and I've got to say this jump was like the change from 808s with prefilled carts to the Joyetech and juice. Just think what will happen when my IBTanks arrive?!

So, I too am a believer, now I get it. It *is* more than just hype in my book. Yes, disabled on a fixed income, the price *is* steep. But, for what you get, and for what you will have for some time to come, it is well worth the price of admission.

Perhaps in a few months, I will be able to get a 'Sophia' and some pre-built coils to go with it? I may even be able to learn to build coils with these less-than-good hands.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Some background:

So here is the ProVari:

61.gif

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Great post! Glad to hear the ProVari is everything you expected, and more!

We all tell the "non-believers" that it improves flavor, but they never believe us! :) They say it's all in our minds! I'd guess your mind is as warped as all of ours is, so you're in good company here!

This thing is gonna last you forever! Welcome to the club (cult) muahahaha!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
So here is the ProVari:

A word of warning - even though you are an adult, capable of drawing a conclusion based on what you have personally experienced, if you state that you feel the taste and quality of your vape has improved since using a ProVari, be prepared to be told you are fooling yourself by people who have never tried a ProVari.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Great post! Glad to hear the ProVari is everything you expected, and more!

We all tell the "non-believers" that it improves flavor, but they never believe us! :) They say it's all in our minds! I'd guess your mind is as warped as all of ours is, so you're in good company here!

This thing is gonna last you forever! Welcome to the club (cult) muahahaha!

Snap.

Just because I think in big print doesn't mean you have to read it. Stop stealing my thoughts.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
A word of warning - even though you are an adult, capable of drawing a conclusion based on what you have personally experienced, if you state that you feel the taste and quality of your vape has improved since using a ProVari, be prepared to be told you are fooling yourself by people who have never tried a ProVari.

Hah! I just got told this in the General Forum not 5 minutes ago:)!!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hah! I just got told this in the General Forum not 5 minutes ago:)!!!

I read your post over there and you were just wrong, wrong, wrong! Your taste buds are liars! If you ate an apricot and said it tasted good, that would be anecdotal BS. I'm not saying you are lying, I'm saying your perception and experience are wrong. I don't like apricots and since taste buds all work the same, it's just not possible for you to like them. Perhaps you were confused and thought it was a peach. I like peaches, so you would be correct if you said they are good; otherwise, I don't believe you. You are incapable of knowing what you like.

Last edited:

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I read your post over there and you were just wrong, wrong, wrong! Your taste buds are liars! If you ate an apricot and said it tasted good, that would be anecdotal BS. I'm not saying you are lying, I'm saying your perception and experience are wrong. I don't like apricots and since taste buds all work the same, it's just not possible for you to like them. Perhaps you were confused and thought it was a peach. I like peaches, so you would be correct if you said they are good; otherwise, I don't believe you. You are incapable knowing what you like.

Brilliant.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I fully expected to like my ProVari (for the cost I had better!), but I honestly didn't believe it would improve the 'taste' of my juice. Sure, I can buy the fact that due to higher grade electronics, my vaping experience will be more even for taste to taste - that really does make sense! But to use the same topper, the same juice (that I have been using for weeks), and *THEN* to have it taste better - yes, even the next day (today), after sleeping, a shower, and brushing my teeth - it still tastes like my juice vendor just gave me a special bottle of my juice - go figure!

And remember, this is out of a simple 'Vivi Nova' (stock coil, no changes made), and my juice is cheap! I only pay $0.17ml for it - so no one can say it's anything but the new "battery-holder" I got...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread