My first vape meet. What will it be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
S. Central Pa
www.angelfire.com
I'm on my way to my first vape meet. White Rose Vaper's Club meet in York Pa. I guess it will be a room full of clouds of vapor. I can see it now. Tables of people with cloud formation above them. It could be quite amazing to see. Some clouds just floating up, yet others being blown up more directly. Some across and some straight up.

Note to self. Remember not to sit at a table where they seem to be having a ring making contest. You are not any good at that JR!

Maybe there will be a prize for the table that can make the biggest cloud. Yup, that could happen. I'll try to sit at a table with a lot of people. I'll have to coach my table. I think it would be better if everyone would blow toward the center rather than up.

Now I am making my way toward the room I was told it was in. As I come to the door I can see tables with people. I'm looking for clouds of vapor and don't see any. Maybe I've got the wrong room. When I get to the door I still see no clouds. OH, there is one. That has to be vapor, analog cigs don't put off that much smoke. I guess this is the right place.

I walk in the door and there sits a lovely lady with beautiful red hair. 'That must be REDGIRL'. It was and she greeted me very nicely. While I was signing in I was still noticing that I wasn't seeing very much vaper.

Not very many seats left. One table only had one couple at it so I sat down with them. (so much for the 'table with the most vapor' contest). Then again, I think I make more vapor at home alone than I am seeing here!

Maybe it is a lot of families where only one person in the family vapes? No, don't see any children around and I see PVs sitting in front of people. HMMM, can't figure this out.

I had moved to another table after the first couple I was sitting with left. Two very nice couples sitting there. So I brought up the question. 'Look around here, nobody is vaping. Every now and then you see someone take a hit but if you had to guess what kind of meeting this is. The guess would not be a vaping meet.'

We figured it out. Everyone was talking and you can't vape and talk at the same time. With analogs you can take a quick big drag mid sentence and not lose the listeners attention. Taking a good vape takes long enough that you could very easily lose the listener. For that matter you could lose your entire train of thought. Yup, that is what it is. You can't vape and talk at the same time and everyone is talking so nobody is vaping very much.

But what about the listeners. There has to be listeners. Why weren't they vaping? My only guess there is, since a talker can't vape maybe you shouldn't vape. Sort of like a courtesy or just being polite. Maybe, I don't know.

Conclusion...Vaper's sure can shoot the sht. LOL

P.S. Just for fun. I had a great time.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
It was good to meet you, JR. I'm Andy and I had the lavatank. I think you just showed up to our table late...I was vaping so much, I couldn't drink enough water all night. Difference is, with an analog you smoke the whole thing in one sitting but you only have one or so an hour. With vaping, I take a hit every 3-5 minutes not back to back to back, lol.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.
It never occurred to me until now, but it just occurred to me that enjoying yourself might not be proper terminology.

Did he actually enjoy himself? Or did he enjoy the company of others?
And if he really did enjoy himself, did he do it in the bathroom?

Okay, wait, never mind.
:D

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread