My first Vision Extreme and I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craftypepper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I got my first Vision Extreme Mini in the mail yesterday and while I am really liking the concept and performance so far, I've encountered a few problems(that are probably user error). Firstly, I filled up the chamber while carefully avoiding getting anything in the middle air tube with my syringe, but I keep finding that juice is getting up in the mouthpiece and in the air tube. I've had it sitting upright so I'm not sure what is going on with that. Also, at first I was getting a burnt taste which I fixed by lining up the plug correctly with the wicks. The burnt taste has now come back after about 30 mins of working well and I haven't a clue as to why. I really want to love these because I am very tired of fooling around with filler. Can anyone give me some tips to help iron this out?

Also, I'm currently running this thing on a mega 510 battery until my box mod comes because it won't fit on my Roughstack maxi without an extender (that I don't have) :unsure:. I don't think this is the problem though because it was doing fine for a good while.

luv2vape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2010
missouri usa
if your using a thicker juice "i vape 50/50" they take a little longer to wick turn upside down before drawing. pull the plug up some so it meets the seal on the tip, lets it wick faster. the juice your getting in the tip is probably the baffles in the tip, they trap the condensation, just blow it out, or run under water. i have to clean out the tips probably each tank full.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
So here is what you need to do. Take off the mouth piece, take out the plug. Look at the plug and see if it has a burnt spot on it. If so trim the burnt off with a razor blade. Look at the coils and make sure they are relatively centered and evenly spaced. If not gently with a metal pick try to situate them so they are. If the coil is all crunched together or pushed off to one side it can give funny tastes and even burn the inner plug. I am not like a guru here or anything, but I use alot of these and have had a few that just weren't put together perfectly correct.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Two tips.
If yo're getting juice, not condensation, in the mouthpiece, take it out, and shake it a couple times, like you would a thermometer.
Whenever to put the pouthpiece back in, squeeze the tube around it, as you push the mouthpiece down. This procedure vents the trapped air in the chamber. If you don't do this, juice can be forced up the center tube leading into the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece acts like a plunger when you push it into the tube. The pressure forces liquid either up into the mouthpiece, or down into the tube and out the bottom.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
you can trim the nipple on the mouthpiece down, that works for the regulars, vision giants don't have this problem, I don't have a mini, but you might have the same problem, that will force juice into the tube for sure and out the bottom.

if you get juice in the mouthpiece, the easiest way to get it out is to pop off the top of the mouth piece and pull out the inner baffle and just clean with a papertowel.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
ive said it for the stardust and vision and vision stone and this is true for many vaping devices, the only one it hasnt applied to is the ego-t which i cant stand.

many many devices not just from us but many vendors, they need to be broken in, top coil products are not known for popping, you dont here that as a complaint for those products, a little breaking in does them good.

Gibby!

Oct 23, 2011
ABQ, NM
I ordered a couple of these after someone here recommended them from the CE3 threads. I have to agree with the op, I am little worn out with the fiddle factor of the CE3's and these are so far the easiest of all the tanks / cartomizers I have used. Granted, I have only been using them two days, but they are by far the the most fiddle free devices I have used.

The ONLY tweak I could ask for would be a guide (a little fin on the side of the tube?) for the center cap to ensure that I replace it properly over the coil, and inline with the wicks. Also, make one of the filler holes big enough (only need a little bit) for a little larger gauge needle tip, so those of us who vape 50/50 don't have such a hard time filling...

Edit:
Oh and thanks for the tips everybody!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread