My first VV Mod - The GS Sub 2.0 Tele with With V-Core 2.0 Tank - From The Vapor Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
What can I say? After 4 years vaping I finally had to do it... just break down and buy my first mod. I couldn't buy a mod that's specifically been discussed on this Forum, no, had to be 'different' to reflect the hesitant Rebel that I am.... :tumble:

I recently heard about Spinfuel eCigs Magazine | The Art of Vaping (An online Magazine for vapers that also includes eCig/Mod, juice reviews & whatnot), which I checked out and subscribed to. Got an email about a Mod Review and decided to check that out. That's when I realized I was going to have to try this one out. Firstly, because it was relatively inexpensive ($70 for the 'basic' setup and that includes a tip, Tank, charger and really nice Case), and secondly, because of it's construction and style. It's beautiful! Not as beautiful as a Caravela, (Which is to die for!)... but certainly lovelier than many of the other VV Telescoping Mods I've seen. I loved the 'Antique Bronze" also, but it's available in a few other finishes. With that being said, I'll give you some more specs on this thing.

Features & SpecsModel: GS-SUB 2.0 Telescope

• Battery Tube compatible with different lengths of batteries.

• Variable Voltage: 3.0V-6.0V

• Newest V-core 2.0 Detachable Clearomizer
  • Anti-Short-Circuit Capability Design.
  • High Temperature Resistance.
  • Quality Low Maintenance.

• Body: L81* D23.2mm

• Weight of Body: 35.25g

• Body: L52.7mm* D22mm Weight: 23.75g

• Battery Tube: L57.7mm* D26.5mm Weight: 34.9 g

• One Piece: weight: 58.75g L:100mm

• Color: Bronze, Silver, Black, Dark Gray, White)

• Battery: 18350(900mAh) [Also compatible with 18500(1600mAh) 18650(2200mAh)]

I also purchased a 510 to 808 Adapter so that I can use my current 808 cartomizers, clearos & what have you. Let's just say I'm in Vaping Nirvana... :p

Functions of the SUB 2.0

Ultra Low Static Current and Reverse Battery Protection.
Over Current & Short Circuit Protection
Special high efficiency step-up and step-down voltage processing chip. This is patented and can adjust the output more efficiently (and accurately!)
Low voltage alarm function.
Body and battery tube are helix connected- very sturdy.

This thing is SO SWEET and vapes like a Champ! I've tried a few juices in it already and once I adjust the 'voltage' to find my 'sweet spot' (which is 4.0) it's ALL GOOD!

Will it 'replace' my GO-go FURY? Highly unlikely.... Mods aren't the most 'public friendly' vaping devices.... but with a good RBA that I can handle, it could be. The ONLY thing that makes me nervous about VV Mods are the longevity of the electronic components. I'm so NEW to Mods that this aspect of them causes me to shiver with dread, so I will be looking for a purely Mechanical Mod in the future. (If I can just find one that appeals to me and vapes at 4.0 instead of 3.7! :glare: (Anybody know of one? :confused:)

Here's a better description of what comes in the 'box' of the Sub 2.0:

• [*=left]One SUB Variable Voltage Unit: the main body and telescoping base.
    [*=left]One Drip Tip:

• [*=left]Antique Bronze to match the Antique Bronze,
      [*=left]Chrome to match the Chrome,
      [*=left]Gun Metal to match the Gun Metal

[*=left]One ViVi Style V-CORE 2.0 Dual Layer in 2.4 ohms
    [*=left]One lithium ion 18350 battery
    [*=left]One (very nice, well made) case
    [*=left]One variable length charger that plugs directly into an outlet.
    [*=left]One English User's Manual

If you're interested in knowing more about the Sub 2.0 VV Telescoping Mod, just go to the Vapor Girl's Site & check it out. The Variable Voltage SUB electronic vaporizing device!

I really LOVE this Mod! Whodathunkit? :ohmy:

It's well built & feels so sturdy in the hand. Nothing 'jiggles' or is loose. The V-Core 2.0 Tank (It's actually a 'clearomizer' but to me it's more of Tank) is sweet! A little 'fussy' to fill, but once you take your time to do it right it's vapor, flavor & throat hit heaven! (Watch some YouTube reviews to help you there because the instructions leave much to be desired...lol... my ONLY complaint)....You can REALLY taste the fullness of your juices with this thing. It feels like it will last. I'm going to do a YouTube Video review in a few weeks. I want to thoroughly 'test drive' this thing & I'll take 'notes' and try to thoroughly cover all the bases without 'wandering' off and injecting a lot of useless fluff. (I HATE YouTube Reviews that do that! Never one of mine however... :rolleyes:)

Now (drum roll please) for the photos!

DSCN3536.jpg DSCN3537.jpg

Sexy hunh? :hubba:

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I was just looking at all the VV mods, and wondering if there was one that would work with the batteries(18500 and 18650) that I bought for my KTS Telescope, and stumbled onto this thread. I just ordered one in gunmetal.

I hope you're as pleasantly surprised as I was :thumb:

Watch the YouTube Vid about the V-Core 2.0 Clearomizer/Tank.... the instructions that come with it are not so hot and it's a little finicky, but if you load it up with juice and 'prime' it correctly.. you'll have no problems. Let me know when it arrives & how you like it..... take a few pics too, I was eyeing that 'gunmetal' myself :hubba:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I've got one of these myself. Nice enough little mod, if awfully cheaply-built. I'd have appreciated a bit less plastic. It's easily the most lightweight mod I own since there's so little metal to it.

gssub.jpg

Thank you for bringing all of these points up...... what is your favorite mod and why would you recommend it?

rockb4

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2013
us
I ordered one on Friday afternoon it was shipped Sat and I received it Tuesday, with Monday being a mail holiday that's awesome. I love it. Took me a little while to figure out how to set the date and time, and then I realized it has to be reset every time you change the battery. So I won't bother with that again. The puff counter basically tells me how many puffs I get from a battery- kinda useful. I really see the advantages to vv now.

The best part though is the GS V-Core 2.0. Yeah the booklet is kinda useless so I looked on youtube and the first video I saw was PBusardo's on something that looked like the V-Core. He hated it and I was thinking what did I just get myself into. Well, He lost a lot of respect from me once I tried it out. These V-core's rock! I've hit it over 1000 times since I got it, great vapor and not a dry hit yet. Best part is no tipping like with the vivi nova-that may have been Busardo's problem he was tipping it. I ordered an extra one with the mod and will be ordering more, can't beat the price and they work great on my KTS mechanical as well. And the vv sub mod makes my vivi-novas easier to tolerate.

I have been eyeing this mod for a bit....saw this post and guess what I have now!? I too went for the bronze. Seemed a bit steampunk to me;-) I have to say.....I really dig it and love the v-core too! Thanks for making this post:) I'm pretty darned pleased....

And yes the goodbye message is a real hoot!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Oh no, why did you do that! There goes more money! HAHA!
;-)

Thanks for the tip, will be looking that up now!

lol.... it's so 'little' money ($10) but well worth the investment. You can purchase the Phoenix RBA here; Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer

You'll also need to buy an 'eyeglass' screw driver.... I've found them at dollar stores and other drug stores... they're usually sold with/in 'eyeglass' repair kits.

I prefer 'braided' cotton wicking over Silica wicks also. You can buy that for cheap here: Select size 6/0. (1mm). Square Braided 100 Cotton Wick 6 0 4 0 2 0 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 | eBay

Last, but not least, you'll need the 32 gauge Kanthal wire & you can get that really cheap here; Kanthal A 1 Wire 32 Gauge 0080 Resistance Heating Wire 250 Ft | eBay

IF you decide to go this route.... (and I highly recommend you do).... you'll wonder 'how' you got by vaping everything else, honest to goodness.

Boil the cotton wicking for 30 minutes and rinse well. Allow to dry. Use a single strand of the braided cotton wick and pull it through your 5 coil wrap and then install it on your Phoenix RBA..... Load it up with your eJuice and allow it to 'soak' for 1-3 hours before vaping. You'll LOVE it once you get the hang of it! ;)

There are a LOT of Phoenix RBA Vids that demonstrate how to build your wick and coils but they usually demonstrate using "2" 1mm wicks (doubling the size of the wick).... I don't.... I just build my coil using a tiny picture hanging nail and 1 single strand of this size 6/0 braided cotton wicking. PERFECT flavor, vapor and throat hit... and the 100 percent pure cotton keeps the Kanthal coil cooler longer.

You can also re-build your V Cores with all of this too :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread