Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
cool. What did you use for a tube? are those the 5/8" o.d. beveled gaskets? do they stay in place after juice inside and the washers get wet? looks like the led is below the tank and in the box mod correct?

That's the same boxmod I used with my smaller CE2 tank, yes, bicolor LED mounted right next to 510 batt connector. Works neat illuminating the tube, huh?

This tube is a section of a 10ml BD syringe barrel. My 5/8 beveled gaskets were too big, so another visit to the neighborhood hardware, where I found a fistful of Chicago Specialty 7002 1/4R beveled washers made of BUNA-N synthetic rubber. Fit nicely into barrel, once you drill hole larger and push components in, it becomes pretty darned tight, good seal!!

BUNA-N is a nontoxic synthetic rubber that is water/heat/oil/chemical/fuel resistant, they use it as seals for some food machinery, so I am sure it will be fine for ejuice. And I got 2 dozen for 2 bucks (probably spent too much, but oh well :)

Haven't filled it yet, but my smaller one, that uses 5/8 od of same material, works just fine, no leaks or anything unless I turn upside down and shake (I didn't use the silicone cup seal). Cherry pipe juice hasn't changed color or taken on any rubbery taste, guess all is well.

Only one side effect: I had a strange dream I was eating giant donuts and I woke up to find my tires were missing :)

a1e0d97ff75b4bf132c8c887351646d1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread