My FISRT VAPE (eVic + Uwell Crown!?!?) Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_cmachado

Apr 26, 2016
Hey guys! I live in Brazil and i've never owned a vape, i know a mod is not the ideal to start with but prices in Brazil are absurd, they charge 60% of the product in value and one dollars is worth 3.5 reais with that ill pay the equivalent do 250 dollars for a eVic mini starter kit so i need a vape kit that is going to fulfill my needs for a long time, a friend of mine is bridging the product i choose from the US to me.

After doing some research i found that an eVic mini with a Uwell crown is a very good setup that has a good ohm range, from 0.25 believe to 1.2 ohms, as i don't know hat kind of coil i prefer i think this will be a good tank to find out because of its coil ohms range. The problem with this tank for me is the maintenance cost, a pack of 4 coils costs about 40 dollars here (OUCH!!!) so i'm wondering if i can make it last for 3 months, maybe using 1.2ohm coils (not shire if a 1.2 lasts longer than 0.5 coils, thats a doubt i have) because thats what i can afford, if not can i use another cheaper brand of coils in the crown?

Other questions i have:

Does a 1.2 ohms coil last longer than a 0.5ohms for example? Does it gives better taste and lass vapor? I think I'm more concerned with taste than vapor but i used to own hookas and i was fairly advanced it, had lots of upgrades and spare parts so i think the combination I'm looking for is big amount os flavor with lots of smoke, but flavor is more important, thats why i went with the crown other than other equivalents that has more smoke and less flavor for what i read.

Other concern i have is juice consumption, as you may guess juices are very expensive here too,so does the 1.2ohms coil consumes less liquid? Dois it makes taste better than a 0.5 for example?

I need battery life, so i don't want do go under 0.5, that seems to be more than enough for making big clouds.

The other option i have is a Nautilus or Nautilus Mini, its not as good looking as the crowns but the maintenance cost is very low compared to the crown.

I used to smoke cigarretes and when i go out drinking i like to smoke a few, so i need a kit that will allow me to take cigarrete like sensation, i believe is mouth to lung right? Can i do this with this tank if i regulate it?

As i'm new to vaping I have been researching a lot but i don't know many things that may be obvious for you guys. Sorry for my english, its not my first language.My

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome. :)

If somebody is bringing you an e-cigarette from the US and spare parts are difficult and expensive to maintain, you should get

1. The most reliable mod you can (maybe something more simple)
2. A rebuildable tank so you can rebuild rather than pay $10 per coil.

(There is a rebuild section for the Crown, I realise)

Last edited:
Reactions: dcfluegel

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Suggest you consider Eleaf istick 40TC with a hybrid RDA or plain RDA. Much more room to expand upward or downward with and cheap to maintain without the complexity of tank knowledge.
I'm at: high ohm, low watt vaping Magma deep well RDA. Maximum taste and minimum e-liquid (I DIY) consumption, and this seems to be my sweet spot. The only negative, is the Magma is a dripper and may leak/seep out the air hole if tipped over for any length of time (30/70VG). The deep well and settings above give a good 45min. to hour vape without re dripping. Virtually next to nothing costs on wire and new rayon wicks.
You may PM me for additional questions.
In General
Lower Ohm Coils/Higher Wattage Vaping Will:
Heat The Coil Faster
Produce More Vapor
Drain The Battery Faster
Use E-Juice Faster
Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Shorten Coil Life
Shorten Wick Life
More PV Maintenance/Issues
More irritation to non vaporers (tends create more negative comments regarding cloud production)

Higher Ohm Coils/Lower Wattage Vaping Will:
Heat The Coil Slower, Which Will Produce “Less” Vapor
Provide A “Cooler” Tasting Vape
May Use Less E-Juice (<$ more depend on DIY and avg. strength desired)
Prolong Battery Life (<$)
Prolong Coil Life (<$)
Prolong Wick Life (<$)
Less PV Maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vaporers
Aids stealth vaping

May want to read:
Beginner | Guide To Vaping
What is Vaping? The Definitive Guide | Vaping Cheap
E Cigarette Academy: User Guides and Tutorials For Beginner and Intermediate Vapers
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum

j_cmachado

Apr 26, 2016
Thanks so much bob!!! This was sooo helpfull. I was oriented to go with rda coils, after a litle reserch i thing im gonna go with the GeekVape Griffin RTA, it looks good, tastes good and has a good amount of vapor by what a saw in reviews and its not hard to use. Im considering buying the cuboid mini istead of the evic mini becouse in the evic mini i have to buy a charger/bateries and the less items i buy the better is for my friend to bring it to me, do you think the 80w cuboid would work well with the RDA? This maximum taste minimum e-liqui seems like a good option for me becouse wasting e-liquid is not an option, will this tank (GeekVape Griffin RTA) give me what i need to get a configuration that can give me that taste/waste compination
? Thanks!!!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Every individual will have a different opinion on whats best for flavor , i think higher wattage vaping and low ohm builds mute flavor and i much prefer lower wattage vaping for ultimate flavor .

To this day there are far more vapors that do not sub ohm than do sub ohm but you hear more talk about high wattage and sub ohm because people typically have many more questions about it.

Low wattage vapers just vape , there really aren't many issues or questions about it , it's simple and effective .

Lower wattage tanks produce way more vapor than i will ever need .

If juice is very expensive where you are at or just difficult to obtain i would definitely AVOID any tanks that are sub ohm that use low ohm coils .

Reactions: djsvapour

j_cmachado

Apr 26, 2016
Every individual will have a different opinion on whats best for flavor , i think higher wattage vaping and low ohm builds mute flavor and i much prefer lower wattage vaping for ultimate flavor .

To this day there are far more vapors that do not sub ohm than do sub ohm but you hear more talk about high wattage and sub ohm because people typically have many more questions about it.

Low wattage vapers just vape , there really aren't many issues or questions about it , it's simple and effective .

Lower wattage tanks produce way more vapor than i will ever need .

If juice is very expensive where you are at or just difficult to obtain i would definitely AVOID any tanks that are sub ohm that use low ohm coils .
Thanks for the advice! Ill keep that in mind!

Reactions: herb

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi @j_cmachado

Both the eVic mini VTC and the Cuboid need batteries. 1 or 2.

About 'wasted' e-liquid.... most of the new tanks are equally good and there's no reason to waste juice using any tank. Sub-ohm tanks use a LOT of juice, as you need to use high power to get the high levels of vapor. If you are seriously looking to save liquid (as it's difficult to buy), then none of these tanks is a very good option.

A rebuildable single coil tank (Kayfun or similar) and/or and RDA (dripper) is going to get you a long way in this game.

I agree with @herb on this.

j_cmachado

Apr 26, 2016
Hi @j_cmachado

About 'wasted' e-liquid.... most of the new tanks are equally good and there's no reason to waste juice using any tank. Sub-ohm tanks use a LOT of juice, as you need to use high power to get the high levels of vapor. If you are seriously looking to save liquid (as it's difficult to buy), then none of these tanks is a very good option.

A rebuildable single coil tank (Kayfun or similar) and/or and RDA (dripper) is going to get you a long way in this game.

Thanks man! Im still deciding but is seems like ill get this:
GeekVape Griffin RTA - Black
Joye eVic-VTC Mini 60W - Express Kit - Black
Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Battery (still in doubt about that, any recomendations? 15 AMPS is too low for 0.5ohms if i need or want to try?)

j_cmachado

Apr 26, 2016
So guys, thanks very much for your help, i didnt expected to get such exelent and fast advice.

I have decided to go with this setup:

But i'm not shure about the battery yet, i want to be able to experiment with this, so i should have a battery thats reliable and can handle sub ohms if i want to try this... What should i go for?
I was thinking this one: Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Battery But is the amperage too low for sub ohms? Is it going to last for a whole day?
Or the LG HG2 INR18650 LiMn 3000mAh Battery - 20 Amp
Witch one should i buy?

And im buying the The Vaping Rabbit - The Milkman, heards lot of good stuff about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
But i'm not shure about the battery yet, i want to be able to experiment with this, so i should have a battery thats reliable and can handle sub ohms if i want to try this... What should i go for?
There is a firmware upgrade for the Joye eVic-VTC Mini taking it up to 75 watts. As long as you stay at 60 watts and lower either of these batteries will do.
Calculating Battery Current Draw for a Regulated Mod

If you want to vape at higher than 60 watts then I would look at the Sony VTC4.
You will also need to purchase a freestanding charger as onboard charging is not recommended.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Hi @j_cmachado

Oh no , you actually agree with me , thats not good , my observations and opinions are to be taken with a grain of salt and are always very suspect so please sleep on it before agreeing with me.

Reactions: djsvapour

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
So guys, thanks very much for your help, i didnt expected to get such exelent and fast advice.

I have decided to go with this setup:

I was thinking this one: Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Battery But is the amperage too low for sub ohms? Is it going to last for a whole day?
Or the LG HG2 INR18650 LiMn 3000mAh Battery - 20 Amp
Witch one should i buy?

And im buying the The Vaping Rabbit - The Milkman, heards lot of good stuff about it.

The Cuboid mini you were looking at earlier doesn't require batteries, it comes with a build in battery. djsvapour must have been thinking of the regular larger Cuboid, not the mini.

So you might want to reconsider again :)

Good luck!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Cuboid mini you were looking at earlier doesn't require batteries, it comes with a build in battery. djsvapour must have been thinking of the regular larger Cuboid, not the mini.

So you might want to reconsider again :)

Good luck!

Whoops, my bad. Cuboid means "a 2 battery mod" to me, gosh I am so behind the times. :D

Reactions: OhTheAgony
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread