My Fist Post Was Deleted, requesting information

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Hi y'all. My very first post, to which I received very informative replies, was deleted by a moderator., retired 1.
Allegedly, the post, which after introducing myself states a problem with a credit from a vendor and asks whether anybody has had the same problem
was considered a negative review, which it was not.
I have filed a ticket with ECF support asking for my first post along with the thread be re-instated.
My grateful replies to the informative replies to my OP put me past the new member posting requirement but now I'm back to 3 posts on record
and once again limited.
The moderator's reason for deleting my post was that it was on the wrong forum section.
But, how could I ask the question in the correct, supplier negative review section if I was limited to posting in the new member's section?
I just read the ECF TOS prior to writing this and can find no reference to what one can post in the new member's section other than refraining from profanity and such which I did not indulge in.
Can any of you please direct me to where in this forum I can find guidelines as to what is considered appropriate for the new member's forum?
This reeks of netcop nanny. I am not a happy vaper now. :(
Thanks in advance

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
More important is the fact that suppliers are unable to respond to negative reviews in the New Members section, since they are limited to where they can post.

Have some patience, make some posts, and then post in the correct section where the Supplier can potentially help you resolve your issue.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Negative reviews (pretty self explanatory) need to be in the proper forum: Reviews of Suppliers - Negative

Vendors are NOT allowed to make comments or address issues in the open forum. It is not fair to the vendors to have to sit and not say anything in their defense when they see an issue out here.

It doesn't really take all that long to get the minimum post count before being able to access the review section of the forum.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Yup. I've been reading this forum for a year and a half but only matriculated in order to ask whether anybody had the same issue with the Chinese vendor we all know and love..I seriously didn't expect a net nanny on a forum dealing with a topic (vaping) which many places in the world are trying to legislate into oblivion.
But...I better read the rest of the replies b4 this post gets deleted. Big Brother is watching.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I did read that as well as the TOS. I've seen what *could be considered negative reviews* on this new member's section, but mine wasn't.
I received defective items, was issued a credit they didn't honor but then corrected their glitch.
I asked if anybody had the same issue and received much appreciated advice which i think would be appreciated by new member's also.
Merci, FrenchFry, 'Je Suis....'

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
If you've been reading this forum for the last year and half, you should be aware of how specific we are about our rules and policies.

Now that you've finally joined us properly, are you planning on sticking around and sharing the knowledge that you've picked up in your time here with other newbies? Or, are you going to continue to complain about how we maintain our forum?!

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Try to understand it from our position.

We can't have vendors posting in the new members' forum. And we can't have members writing negative posts without giving a vendor a right to reply.

So how do you suggest we marry the two?

Right now, we simply ask that you make a few posts so we know you're not a spammer, then you're free to post in the neg forum.

Not that much of an ask, is it?

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Just a FYI.. you have enough posts now to post your "review" in the correct location.

A bit of a bumpy start, but hopefully this is the last time you see or hear from us Big Brother Netcop Nanny Moderator types. ;)

Have yourself a lovely day!

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Look, the two mods and the head honcho might be trying to help me but I have yet to see a link to where it says I can't ask a question about whether anybody
had the same experience with a vendor.
Indeed I do appreciate, would appreciate the help, when I get it.
Beside, life in general will get one in trouble.
Maybe I shouldn't cross the street..I might get run over.
But thank you for your input, I note you also are a moderator. Have a nice day.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Look, the two mods and the head honcho might be trying to help me but I have yet to see a link to where it says I can't ask a question about whether anybody
had the same experience with a vendor.
Indeed I do appreciate, would appreciate the help, when I get it.
Beside, life in general will get one in trouble.
Maybe I shouldn't cross the street..I might get run over.
But thank you for your input, I note you also are a moderator. Have a nice day.

Here's where you'll find the FastTech forum: FastTech

That is the one you're looking for, right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread