Status
Not open for further replies.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I need your opinion on a variable voltage mod. I have the buzz and love it, when it works. But today it is starting to act up. I have had to send it in for repairs once before (it wouldn't turn off). Today I've noticed it come on by itself a couple of times. I am NOT bashing the buzz or the maker, just to make sure that's clear. I've loaned my Riva out to my aunt to try to get her to make the transition to vaping, so want to order another mod tonight. It needs to be Variable Volt and reliable. What do you guys have and what are the pros and cons????? I like the idea of an automatic juice feed system, but it is not an absolute requirement. I think the ali'i is slick, so any input on that is appreciated.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Where is everybody? My Buzz will not turn off without unscrewing the batteries. I know a lot of you have them. I would advise, if you are going to leave them unattended, to either unscrew the batteries or take off the atty/carto. This is the second time this has happened to me, and I know others have had the same problem. I would be worried about a fire risk if left unattended w/ atty/carto attached.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I agree with you, TG. You are the third person that I know of having this issue and I had 1 with this issue myself. You are the 2nd person that has already sent it in once for repairs and now having the same issue again. Post in Mikes support thread and send him an email. I know that you are frustrated.

markdpman

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Brighton, Tn.
I've had a provari for several weeks now and absolutely love it, it has a small display screen to tell you the exact voltage you selected. I'm also waiting on the BUZZ Infifnity but I like to see the voltage, I don't want to set it up to high depending on the resistance of the atomizer or cartomizer and rixk blowing it. I also prefer cartomizers.

markdpman

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Brighton, Tn.
The first ones were shipped in early Dec. and more are shipped out each week. There is a waiting list I believe but everyone on the forums seems to call it the best vv out there so far. I have had no probs with mine yet, and only read of 1 or 2 that had a problem out of a couple hundred that have shipped and the provari guys immediately shipped them out another one. This is the only vv mod I have so far and will only get others to add to a small collection, this one seems to work perfect for me.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Thanks. My friend Salem is trying to help me get something for immediate crisis control. I will definitely be getting another VV and will look closely into the provari. I have also heard good things about the ali'i. Both of these have a 3-4 week wait. Right now I am having to use my buzz by touching the bottom to the batteries, taking a vape, and taking the bottom off. I gave my Riva to my aunt to try and my 5V PT died tonight. It has not been a good night, to put it mildly. But I am thankful for Salemgold!!! Don't know what I'd do without her help.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
Back up, baby, back up, you must always have backup. I would go nuts if I only had one ecig on me and it went out. I always carry my provari, prodigy V2, and at least 1 of my vapor king batts with me.

Haha, I wasn't going to say it but yea, back up's...Hey tgcrna, i have 3 buzzezz, i would be happy to give you a loner while yours is repaired if you'd like...PM me and i'll get out.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
I've had my Ali'i for close to 6 weeks now, and it's not only the most beautiful mod on the market, but also a tremendous working PV. I just received the adaptors for 801 HV vaping at 6V and just hit the sweet spot. 3.7 volts are great as well with LR attys...but if you spend an extra $40, get the VV.

If you are considering the Ali'i, two things come to mind, #1 ordering process is basically a lottery, every other Friday night, and normally sells out in 10 minutes #2 the wait times are long once purchased, 4-6 weeks to make from Ryan at R&R Manufacturing.

But the wait is so worth it....please have a good look at the ECF R&R Manufacturing thread for information. This is the best bottom feeding mod on the market imo, and the opinion of many who have one.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I KNOW! Because I had loaned my Riva to a friend back in November and my Buzz started acting up. I got my Riva back because my friend wasn't using it. But my aunt is actually using it and I THOUGHT I had a back-up. I have a PT that started going on the fritz tonight (the very same day as my buzz). So I THOUGHT I was covered, I just didn't expect both to go out at the same time!! However, I see myself building up quite a collection of mods in the near future. My nerves can't take another night like tonight.

Back up, baby, back up, you must always have backup. I would go nuts if I only had one ecig on me and it went out. I always carry my provari, prodigy V2, and at least 1 of my vapor king batts with me.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Haha, I wasn't going to say it but yea, back up's...Hey tgcrna, i have 3 buzzezz, i would be happy to give you a loner while yours is repaired if you'd like...PM me and i'll get out.

Oh K5blazer, I sure wish I had seen this earlier. I scrambled all night to find something to tide me over. With Salem and MXBNW's help, I found a 5 volt mod from Clumsy, who was kind enough to overnight it to me. But thank you so much for your kind offer. All of you guys are top-notch.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I've had my Ali'i for close to 6 weeks now, and it's not only the most beautiful mod on the market, but also a tremendous working PV. I just received the adaptors for 801 HV vaping at 6V and just hit the sweet spot. 3.7 volts are great as well with LR attys...but if you spend an extra $40, get the VV.

If you are considering the Ali'i, two things come to mind, #1 ordering process is basically a lottery, every other Friday night, and normally sells out in 10 minutes #2 the wait times are long once purchased, 4-6 weeks to make from Ryan at R&R Manufacturing.

But the wait is so worth it....please have a good look at the ECF R&R Manufacturing thread for information. This is the best bottom feeding mod on the market imo, and the opinion of many who have one.

Thanks vipod. The ali'i is definitely slick looking, and I'm glad to hear it is a great performer. I am going to look into getting one of these. I have a 5 volt mod on the way from Clumsygirl, and I ordered another 5V PT, for my immediate needs. But I'm going to look into other mods and the ali'i is at the top of my list.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Evercool VV box mod. Inexpensive, works well and great battery life. If you don't mind a box mod one would get you through your waiting time for one you really want(may even decide it's all you need).

Vermonster, what is the address to that site? I didn't see it in the forum suppliers. Thanks so much for your reply.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
tgcrna - I'm sure that you're very frustrated! I would be too if I didn't have a backup. I have three blemished Buzzes and can sell you one for the price I paid. All are 808s though, so I don't know if you would want that. The only reason I'm willing to sell one is because both my husband and I are now using a Provari. I only want to keep one Buzz as a back-up. If you would like to buy one of my Buzzes, please let me know.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
tgcrna - I'm sure that you're very frustrated! I would be too if I didn't have a backup. I have three blemished Buzzes and can sell you one for the price I paid. All are 808s though, so I don't know if you would want that. The only reason I'm willing to sell one is because both my husband and I are now using a Provari. I only want to keep one Buzz as a back-up. If you would like to buy one of my Buzzes, please let me know.

Thanks so much! I will think about it although all of my attys are 510s. How are you and your husband liking the provari? Markdpman said it is a great mod and I'm keeping it in mind as I look to have back-ups for my back-ups!

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Thanks so much! I will think about it although all of my attys are 510s. How are you and your husband liking the provari? Markdpman said it is a great mod and I'm keeping it in mind as I look to have back-ups for my back-ups!

We love the Provari! Actually, I'm surprised at how much we do. Originally, I thought I'd use my Buzz for 808 cartos and the Provari for 510s. I've not used my Buzz since we got our Provaris. I still have quite a few 808 mega cartos left though, so I've been using a 510 to 808 adapter. Once we run out of 808s, I plan to only buy 510 cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread