Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break? You buy another." --- SMOK

Sorry for your loss, but it sounds like the circuit board is malfunctioning. Veteran tip: Don't buy mods made by SMOK.

Were you charging the batteries in the mod via USB? If so, its recommended to charge 18650 batteries in a Li-ion charger.

johnnyze

Jun 1, 2019
"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break? You buy another." --- SMOK

Sorry for your loss, but it sounds like the circuit board is malfunctioning. Veteran tip: Don't buy mods made by SMOK.

Were you charging the batteries in the mod via USB? If so, its recommended to charge 18650 batteries in a Li-ion charger.
nah i charged them in intellicharger v2. btw do you know how to check voltage for the batteries? i wanna know if they're .... now or not
also the mod def wasnt cheap, but ya im gonna buy smok anymore. geekvape nova looking nice rn

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
nah i charged them in intellicharger v2. btw do you know how to check voltage for the batteries? i wanna know if they're .... now or not
also the mod def wasnt cheap, but ya im gonna buy smok anymore. geekvape nova looking nice rn
Hi and welcome,
A cheapo DMM can be used to check battery voltage.
DMM.jpg

Cheers
I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi and welcome,
A cheapo DMM can be used to check battery voltage.
View attachment 818555

Cheers
I
Not sure it’s worth it trying to diagnose a SMOK mod. Especially if you have to buy stuff to do it. Feels a lot like throwing good money after bad.

I suppose one could try though. It’s an excuse to learn some electronics at any rate.

When diagnosing SMOK stuff it can be a good idea to look for poorly attached and badly soldered components. SMOK is famous for cheaping out badly on manufacturing. I used to think it was a problem internal to the company or a clone issue or something but apparently they actually do it on purpose. They apparently WANT the stuff to break so you will buy another.
What is infuriating to me about this is the “another” that frequently gets bought is cigarettes because vaping obviously “doesn’t work”. Those douchenozzels are killing people.

Here’s the trick: buy another vape that is NOT made by SMOK. EVERYTHING else is better made.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Are you sure it's not just in stealth mode? Does it still fire a coil even if there's nothing on the screen? I don't know all the button clicks to turn things on and off on that mod, but a check if it's in stealth mode with whatever the manual says for turning it on and off might be a one last shot before tossing it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not IJOY. IJOY is arguably WORSE.

Anna
This I hadn’t heard but I suppose it’s possible. Haven’t dealt with any ijoy stuff in a long time.

UPDATE: just googled iJoy. Seems they’re still around, and riptripper is all over their splash page.

If riptripper is shilling iJoy and iJoy sucks it makes sense why no one puts up with riptripper any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread