My Galaxies RTA is leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molchi

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2017
Germany
Hey all, i have a big problem.

I have my Galaxies now for about a week, and it worked really well, nice vape, no problems.

Yesterday i refilled it and a few minutes later i started leaking through the airflow, so i opened it and the cotton was out of that "pockets", so i rewicked it and i worked great again.

Today i refilled again, and a few mins later i grapped my istick and it was completely wet with juice and the galaxies almost empty. So i opened it again, rewicked it and got the same problem only 2 mins later.

What am i doing wrong with that atty? I use the 2.5mm coil that it got delivered with, the cotton is really tight, and the "pockets" are almost fully filled with cotton.

I also tried that the cotton isn't touching that little airblock which is really hard, could that be the problem? I already watched a ton of videos, and noone pays attention that the cotton doesn't touch tha airblock, they just throw it in.

Anyone any ideas or tips since i really liked this atty, but now i feel frustrated and too stupid to wick properly :cry:

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Morning,
can you take some pictures of the coil and wick? Would help a lot to find the issue.

I do use 3 mm coils in mine, stuff the wick (cutted just outer edge of the base) just a little into the liquid chamber. Until now never had an issue. Use it since 2 month.

Maybe your coil is to small. Maybe to less cotton to fill the deck. As the wick gets wet it gets smaller and would end up with a gap somewhere.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I can only speak generally on this one, but RTAs generally work on vacuum pressure and capilary action. The presence of the wet wick blocks air from getting into the juice resovoir, while capilary action keeps the wick wet and feeds the coil. If your tank is running out through the juice well the vacuum pressure is broken and air is getting in. Possibly through the juice well holes because of not enough wick, possibly somewhere else like a bad o ring

Reactions: sonicbomb

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
This might help
Why does my Tank Leak and what can I do about it? | E-Cigarette Forum

Wicking is a bit of an art-form, and is particularly tricky/important to get right on an RTA. Also each device will have it's own way it likes to be wicked. Be persistant and meticulous and take notes if you need to for each build.

Like bomb said its a balancing act between the length of the wicks, the power level and the viscosity of the juice.
Also bear in mind some tanks just are prone to leaking.

Molchi

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2017
Germany
Thanks for the answers so far.
I checked all the o-rings, and they seem ok. Now i rewicked it and puted a tiny extra piece of cotton in that juice-pockets to fill it even more, since i vape thin liquid (70%pg), and so far it seems to be dry. But now it makes funny noices, a bit like water when it spoils, and the flavour isn't as good as it was before.
I guess now i know what Bussardo meant when he said that wicking it properly is not that easy as some other attys are ^^
Wicking my Ares, Siren2, Dvarw, Subtank and doggys was so much easier, not sure if like that stye of atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread