My glass tank fell and cracked

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubctor

Dec 30, 2015
Hey guys,

I just recently started vaping and was recommended the eleaf ijust2, it's got a nice big tank that shows all of the liquid in it and recently it fell of my desk and landed right on the tank. I heard a very light crack, not the usual glass shattering sound and when i checked, the tank glass was cracked. The crack is not huge, when i swiped my finger i felt some liquid, possibly a very small leak.

I bought this from a vaping shop in town and I'm not sure if they replace it or will fix it, it's hard for me to go there again because i work nights and they open late in the morning (usually when I'm already sleeping). So I just surrounded the glass with regular tape, the seethrough plastic one and just added a very tight layer around the glass to make sure it doesn't drip.

So my question is. Firstly, do you think the shop will replace it? And secondly, will there be any harm of vaping with the tape around the cracked glass? I think that the glue itself may melt through the crack and I'd be inhaling glue mixed up with e-liquid. So far I haven't noticed any difference, possibly because I'm still new to it.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I wouldn't expect them to replace it since it's not defective, just broken. You might want to use plumber's/teflon tape against the glass rather than scotch, although you may do more damage trying to remove the tape you already applied. The shop may sell replacement glass and might be able to inspect your mod for damage (and it should be looked over, if something inside jarred loose the safety features may not be fully functional.)

Sorry your vape took a nosedive!

Reactions: dubctor

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
I'm sorry to hear that you cracked your tank.

We have all done it, several times.

The shop will not replace the tank. You broke it not them.

If you're lucky they may sell you some replacement glass, but it is not likely they stock it.

You will be able to find a replacement glass tank for sale online. Try the tank manufacturers website first, then FastTech, then general 'google' searches.

I doubt the small amount of glue from some tape will do you any harm, but I wouldn't personally like to vape on on taped up cracked tank.

dubctor

Dec 30, 2015
I have an iJust 2, and I haven't been able to get the tanks apart. I like taking my tanks apart to clean them but haven't had any luck with these. I quit trying out of fear of breaking then, so I don't know for sure.

I've unscrewed the tank a couple of time, more carefully now that it's broken. But the glass seems very resistant.

dubctor

Dec 30, 2015
Reactions: cllmda

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
$11.19 Replacement Glass Tank for Eleaf Lemo Drop RTA Atomizer (15-Pack) 15-pack - translucent at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This one is 11.19 for 15 and ships worldwide for free. That's good because I'm in Europe. The piece I need is just the glass, not the whole tank.
Just be aware that FastTech doesn't always live up to their name when it comes to shipping.. You know the old joke about a slow boat to China? They ship some of their stuff on that boat. :eek:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I've been there myself - had a tight coil when I was new to my Nautilus Mini and trying to free it the thing flew out of my hand and hit the marble floor shattering all over the place. It was my fault, I dropped it, so I bought a couple replacement glass inserts as spares to keep as well as one to fit.

The first Law of Vaping really does apply - always have back ups for your back ups!

I'm now more careful - bet you will be too!

dubctor

Dec 30, 2015
I've been there myself - had a tight coil when I was new to my Nautilus Mini and trying to free it the thing flew out of my hand and hit the marble floor shattering all over the place. It was my fault, I dropped it, so I bought a couple replacement glass inserts as spares to keep as well as one to fit.

The first Law of Vaping really does apply - always have back ups for your back ups!

I'm now more careful - bet you will be too!

Oh yes. I definitely got a kick to the balls.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Sorry dubcor if it came across like that - was attempting to show that I too learnt the hard way - as a determined ex smoker I quickly got on board with the idea of plenty back ups rather than heading for the tobacconists if something died.

Actually here in Spain at this moment, I have two iStick 30ws topped with Nautilus Minis ( spare glass shells held in stock in my drawer plus four packs of coils for same. Then there's my Kamry K1000 e pipe with another Nautilus Mini tank on board ( and two spare battteries) ...and just in case, 6 small ego batteries and two clearatomisers. Add to that God knows how many chargers, as you get one with each iStick, and vape pen set and there's the one my son in law bought me with the Kamry.....

AS for supplies of Juice....welll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread