My Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm Mayravixx. I started vaping very recently and figured if I ever needed to know something, I could come here. I'll be honest, I didn't switch to vaping because I'm quitting smoking, I'm doing it since I know it's healthier for you than actual cigarettes; I know that can be considered taboo to some people so I figured they know about it now so they know who to avoid talking to if they take offense to that. I generally prefer 0 - 3mg nicotine.

I have a feeling this one's a bit different than most people's hello's, I really don't know what to put in these.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your hello was just fine. I appreciate your up front honesty. Glad that you joined. :thumbs:

My daughter never smoked, but she occassionally vapes recreationally and occassionally smokes hookah socially. Her significant other was a smoker, and she was able to get him to vape almost exclusively, so that's a win for both of them.

Her brother (my son) was also a smoker. I tried numerous times to get him to vape. Nope, he wasn't having that. As soon as my daughter started vaping I guess he figured it was cool, so now he vapes, too. Funny how that works. :rolleyes:

People vape for all types of reasons. As long as they are an adult, I try not to judge.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! The only advice I'd pass on us if you're doing it just for pleasure and not to stop smoking you're best off sticking with 0 mg nic. No point tempting fate. As long as you understand and accept it's not the best for you, but certainly far from the worst, just enjoy yourself. Folks here are more than happy to help you out with any questions.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome to ECF. I think people can and do vape for different reasons. My motivation and rationale for starting smoking was so ridiculous I kind of think (unless you are wanting to be a professional athlete or something) I'm really not here to judge to be totally frank. Whatever your reasons, just make an assessment of the possible pros and cons (and no nic is not the ONLY pro, you are basically going to give yourself a hand to mouth habit, and well ,how that may affect you long term is kind of an unknown.)

I've known people to vape in order TO satisfy that hand to mouth thing and eat less. If it's a real, significant problem for them that is a case in which developing MIGHT be a pro-- for them. Which is why you should do a reasonable assessment of YOUR reasons (whatever they are) and if there are more pros than cons for YOU have at it, really. Just know that the longer term data on vaping isn't in yet although early studies are positive, but mainly for the harm reduction effect compared to vaping, not vaping in and of itself.

Welcome :)

Anna

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF.

I had no intentions to quit smoking even though I knew it was bad for me, in fact I was in the smoke shop to get another pack.. My neighbor had been vaping for a few months already so my interest was piqued and the checkout line was long so I was looking over the little bit of vaping stuff they had there. One of the employee's came over and talked to me about it and showed me how the thing worked (they used to be able to do that..). I ended up leaving the store with a 650mAh eGo/CE4 starter kit that cost me less than 20 bucks. That night I realized that I hadn't wanted to smoke a cigarette all day! I haven't smoked a cigarette in 4 years now!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Hello and welcome to ECF.
    I quit smoking when I had a heart attack and was successful for about 5 or so years. When my wife started chemotherapy I started smoking again due to the stress. About a year or so after she lost her battle with cancer, I saw an article on a local news channel about a local vape shop. The next day I went to the shop and talked to one of the young men and walked out with an eGo with a clearomizer (?sp) tank. I duel vaped for a few months. I finally returned to the vape shop and talked to another gentleman and picked out a mod and Nautilus tank. I liked the combination and set a quit date of my upcoming birthday for putting down the cigarettes. The rest is history and 3 1/2 years cigarette free. The day after I quit the cigs, I joined ECF and have enjoyed the information and friendships I found here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread