My homemade mini juicebox (the MrPuffer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I like to tinker so I decided while waiting for my juicebox to go ahead and make one myself. I wanted replaceable standard atties so I decided to mod a cart and added a collar to seal around the juice feeding tube, making carts interchangable, allowing the use of adapters and modded carts. The carts have a small bit of filler in them, I removed 80% of it. This gives you a buffer when dripping so you dont flood it easily. When it starts running dry, give the bulb a squeeze and it re wets the filler.

I wanted a small unit so this is a AAx2 case. I painted it maroon/gold color change paint, and installed a multicolor led that changes color every few seconds. The led is hooked up so it lights up when the master switch is turned on, reminding you to turn it off after use. I see no need to only have the light on when vaping as I know when I am pressing the button down.

I am having issue with juice holders, the single AA slot makes quarters tight. Too small for a standard fatty 5ml bottle. I am currently using a baby nuby as a container and a bead I modified as a cap. It holds about 3ml of juice and it lasts about all day for me. But its a real pain to refill and I dont recommend it. I will swap it when I find a better solution.

And since this thread is worthless without pics here are some crappy cell shots till I can get my camera hooked up and charged.

It vapes great, tad better than a standard 510.

Credit goes to Carlos and Moonman for box ideas, and many others in coming up with a good cart, to many to list, I thank the whole mod forum.

sspx0082.jpg
sspx0083.jpg
sspx0084.jpg

MoonMan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Looks awesome! I'm generally not a fan of LEDs, but that looks hot.

One of these days I'm going to slightly upgrade my UPAC design to add an LED like yours. I've also been seeing more and more people use the "bulb" type reservoir rather than the pump I use - I may have to look into it for the space savings.

It would have to be remain easily refillable, though.

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I made one like this back in the UPAC days but found the tube to be a little cumbersome. Works great except for that. With all the talk of the dripping from the battery side of the atty, why can't someone improve upon that? Oh ya, Carlos already did...LOL Just surprised we haven't seen other designs on here.

Looks awesome!

How much does the nuby hold? Is it better than using a pipette? Is your kid mad at you? :)
The nubbie holds a little more than 3 ml but filling it is a pain, I need to make a small bottle with threaded cap, that or a plastic tube with a cork cap. Oh and my kid didn't mind me taking the other nuby from the package, pink handle really isn't his fav color hehe.

NICE!!! Now let's see that box preform(Video)...:evil:

I will make a video in the next day or two, pretty busy tonight. I have a new camcorder coming in so I will make my first recording a demo :D

Last edited:
How does it feed into the atty, do you squeeze the bottle through that little window?

You press the bottle through the hole in the case, it squeezes the juice up the tube into the top of the cart. The cart fills and wets the filler. You then vape the cart and filler dry and once it starts tasting dry you pump again. If you squeeze a little too much juice in it will fill the cart while the filler prevents flooding. It works pretty darn well. The cart has a coupling to allow for easy swapping. I am going to make a 901 cart with coupling so with 510>901 atty adapter it will work. Another cool thing is the 901 caps fit kr808 cartomizers so I will make a 901 cap with no filler to allow topping off of cartomizers. But before I do any of that I am going to make a better bottle.

Wow! What a cool box! That is showing some good american know how! Are you going to market these?

Well this one is more for personal use, and I want a good solution for my bottle before getting too far ahead of myself. But having said that all the ideas I figure out in my project box will be carried over to a better built product that very well might go up for sale. That unit will be machined out of a solid block of steel and will include a juice feed system and be high voltage. But I am still figuring out how to include a all mechanical switch and make the design as streamlined as possible. Minimal parts, built tough, and efficient design from a production standpoint.

I work for a family business that does all sorts of marine repair. Propellers, couplings, shafts, rudders, struts, anchors, running gear, any metal fabrication, etc. I have a large machine shop at my disposal. 5 mills, 4 lathes, Welders, presses, air tools, etc...I can make just about anything with the tools at my disposal. But the design has to be perfect before I can get a go ahead from my old man to make some prototypes. Heres a picture of the shop.

101_2723.8110854.JPG
101_2724.8113204.JPG

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
Hello my friend.
I have come to realize that every design change I think of, or make. Is still not right.
It can still be improved upon.
I don't know how you feel?
When all is said, the small size of your mod and the speed in which it was build, was very impressive.
Although I do think your LED needs a volume control. Ha Ha.
Or a night mode switch (stealth switch).

Great build

Petercro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread