-My humble nod to the mechanical mod-

Status
Not open for further replies.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
Gather round boys and girls, or keep rambling and rooting around, but I have a story that I will share.

Im still somewhat of a nu_b, but I have been through the paces a fair bit. the whole 'thing' just fascinates me. So it want long before I went beyond ego batteries and clearomizers and into adv land.

My first forray into advs was the mighty MVP v2. There are so many threads out there speaking if the glory of the mvp that I don't want to clog up ye olde interwebs with another.... The truth is I almost didn't even make this thread as I got some weird error a few paragraphs in and I thought it hadn't posted. So.. Please accept my apologies to those who felt unsatisfied with the original draft that they viewed. I will do my best to complete my thoughts before stopping again.

So I shall attempt to 'get on with it'.

Mechanical mods really tickle my fancy. Its a simple and elegant solution to vaping. Sure you have to have a little knowledge and be willing to tackle the challenge, but I feel that it is very much worth it.

While I have limited experience with mechs, they have gotten my mind moving in a good way. They are adjustable or at least have the option to become so. Its just so much fun to tweak! Playing around with the heigth of the firing pin, our the firing button.making it look better or adding a shorter or longer throw on the switch. Heck.even the locking mechanism makes me smile. The simplicity of it is just stupid easy and clever..

Sure there are other ways to achieve the same thing, but I like how mechanicals find 'work arounds' on issues. It has made me rethink how these devices work.. And to find a new way to get sucked in on a hobby that I already love is just too cool!

Via spontaneous binary code

Last edited:

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
Welcome to the jungle bro[emoji1]

I know right? Im already eye balling other mech mods. I started with the best I could afford that had a good track record: an hcigar nemesis in brass. It is as advertised and I love it very much. But its helped me realize how simple most mechs are and can be but also how much you can get out of them. Ofc it scales to the work you put in.

Via spontaneous binary code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread