My husband is going to kill me (now that cigarettes won't). Haha- help me calculate my argument!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
I just started vaping last week, and I've spent $416. :shock:

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done (I think?)...I just wanted to get a nice variety & supply going. Yes, I got caught up in the novelty, recommendations, and flavors too...haha.

ANYWAY-

Help me figure out how long my stash will last, please?

Here's what I have (or will have once it arrives):

20 3ml bottles of juice

22 5ml bottles of juice

60 cartomizers

2 e9 batteries

4 kr808d-1 batteries (1 is manual)

+ chargers, case, etc.

I vape about 4-6x a day- for example, I've probably only smoked a couple cigarette's worth and it's 2pm. I smoke more in the evenings, but not more than 5 cigs worth I'd guess (on a normal night, not counting what I'll do on girl's night out, fight night, etc).

So, what do you think? My husband won't be livid, but he WILL be annoyed. I tend to overdo it when I like something new (don't we all?). If I have numbers and such to fire back, he'll drop it. ;)

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
......n....

Ok, most use 1-3ml per day. So, lets call it 2ml. I'm going to say that a cartomizer has.... 2ml in it, just to toss a number there. so 60 days worth of cartomizers, 30 days worth of 3ml bottles, and 55 days worth of 5ml bottles.... so about 5 months worth of juice.

My batteries haven't died yet (except for one that went with a suit to the dry cleaner), and neither have my atties. Maybe a few dollars there, but considering the cartomizers, its only the batteries....

So I'm just going to go with a 4-6 month supply before you need juice :)

Dirtybutts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
West Point, New York
I have the same problem except my husband does not care how much I am spending on this stuff at all. He is just happy I am not smoking anymore. I really think it will depend on your true use of it all. You may vape more or less often from one day to the next ya know. Just remind him that you no longer stink like you use to! Also give him a little more affection and attention if ya know what I mean! Good Luck!

Jessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
Haha, thanks everyone. I like the sound of a 6 month supply. :D Going off that, I'm still saving $300 for the next 6 months (4-5 pks a week, $7.20 a pk). And not killing myself in the process. Next go-round will be much cheaper once I know what I like and pick favorites.

My husband certainly wasn't mad about the initial purchases, but I think he stopped paying attention after I went over $250 in one week...oops.

And what's a chuck? Or maybe you shouldn't tell me? :p

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Ooooh your in trouble! Your in soooo much trouble! Hahahahahhaa but since your already in the trouble how about you help a brother out and send me some juice too?

Nah, I bet he might be a little perturbed but will get over it pretty fast especially if he is a non smoker. I would be willing to bet he is loving the idea of no more cigarette smoke smell on you and in the house! My mother is using my Dragon right now to check it out and I had the dad buy her some Winston juice since she smokes that and some spare atomizers and he was more than willing to get her a kit which I will nail him on this weekend because I want my damn dragon back!

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
This is how it would go at my house

ME: YOU SPENT WHAT ON WHAT?????

ME:HEY LOOK!!! BOOBS!!!

aaaannnnddddd scene.

ROTFL...I may have to resort to this yet. As of right now, hubby doesn't know what I've spent. I'm not hiding it at all, but the only time he ever asked I just smiled and asked him how much a tag to hunt antelope in Montana costs, which ends the conversation right there - no boobage required so far. :lol:

In fact, he's hunting in North Dakota right now, so I think I'm in the clear for a bit.

Does your husband have any hobbies he's spent a lot of money on? Vaping becomes more of a hobby - at least for me, anyway - so I think it's a fair comparison.

Dirtybutts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
West Point, New York
ROTFL...I may have to resort to this yet. As of right now, hubby doesn't know what I've spent. I'm not hiding it at all, but the only time he ever asked I just smiled and asked him how much a tag to hunt antelope in Montana costs, which ends the conversation right there - no boobage required so far. :lol:

In fact, he's hunting in North Dakota right now, so I think I'm in the clear for a bit.

Does your husband have any hobbies he's spent a lot of money on? Vaping becomes more of a hobby - at least for me, anyway - so I think it's a fair comparison.

LOL yea asking about the tag in Montana..Good move! Mine has not asked because he does not care..I brought it up to him on the phone the other day..and we laughed about it! He is in Iraq right now and pretty much told me to buy whatever makes me happy..So I do! I do pay him back with a little boobage on the webcam from time to time though..oh and I sent him like a kick ... Jack Bower looking knife which might have something to do with it!

AshHole

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Pinellas County, Fl
My wife would do something like this:

Fluttter those eyelashes and say something to the effect of

"Honey - I know its a bunch, but lets not turn this into an double-entry accounting class. Dont you want me to live longer? Whats a few dollars when it comes to my health! Dont you want me around as long as possible?"

of course she would do it while emphasizing her cleavage too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread