Status
Not open for further replies.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
I should disclose up front that I paid for my black one with my own cold hard $$$$ so I have nothing to lose or gain and feel no obligation to report anything other than what I believe to be true.

Here's my take....

The knurls on the body are definitely a plus for grip and helping avoid the slimy film of juice feeling.

Obviously the variable voltage is a huge plus to some (not me).

I actually like the feel of the botton as it has a nice "click" to it.

Very nice job on the battery end threading. Cap seems to find the body threads right away w/o fear of stripping them.

LED is small enough that it dosen't blind you, but visible enough to gauge remaining battery life.

Slightly less juice leakage (from dripping) versus my Prodigy V1, for example.

Not an issue for me, but may be for some, the unit is anything but beautiful in the looks dept. Although it feels sturdier than, it pretty much resembles a flashlight mod.

I find that the power drops off significantly before the LED turns solid red and the circuitry shuts down the supply, so I have to replace batteries before I'm "told" to do so.

All in all, very nice device that obviously has one main selling point over others...the variable power adjustment.

If that is something you feel you desperately need..then this is the device for you.
If you're happy with 3.7V, buy an eGo.
If you can handle (like me) a straight 5V, buy a Prodigy.

Out.

Amajn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
New York
www.gloryvapes.com
I used my Buzz from yesterday around noon till this morning with moderate to heavy vaping!!!!!

Looks wise i guess to each his own i think my blue model looks damn nice lol

And everytime i checked the voltage its was right where i set it

then later on when it was getting low in power i just turned down the volts a little i was surprised at how long the batt life lasted!!!!!!!!!!!!:toast:

But i think the main thing to remember here is that its for someone who does not want a 3.7 or a 5v or a 6v but for someone who wants every single volt from 3.7-6v in one package and for accomplishing that this mod gets a huge thumbs up

i would def not compare the looks to a flashlight mod i mean all tube mods resemble a flashlight because they are tubes like most flashlights but it stops there
lol but this is a million times better then some flashlight mod looks wise as well as function

Nice honest writeup!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
not all battery tube mods look like flashlight mods, but IMO the buzz does. For example the prodigy v3, silver bullet, and the copper don't look like flashlights, and the first two are possibly the biggest sellers out there and believe it or not, the copper has my favorite switch. People don't want to admit it, but the looks of the pv are very important to them, and if you spent $115 bucks on something you want it to look as good on the outside as it is on the inside. The variable voltage is nice, but unnecessary for high voltage vapers who use cartomizers, which is really where its at for HV.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
not all battery tube mods look like flashlight mods, but IMO the buzz does. For example the prodigy v3, silver bullet, and the copper don't look like flashlights, and the first two are possibly the biggest sellers out there and believe it or not, the copper has my favorite switch. People don't want to admit it, but the looks of the pv are very important to them, and if you spent $115 bucks on something you want it to look as good on the outside as it is on the inside. The variable voltage is nice, but unnecessary for high voltage vapers who use cartomizers, which is really where its at for HV.

Huh? I have a Prodigy V1 and V2 as well as an Xhaler and I only use cartomizers, and my Buzz is nothing short of essential. None of my 'around' 5 volt mods hit exactly the right mark. The Buzz does.

Is it slightly less sexy than my V2? Yes, perhaps. But it fires every time, I don't have to wrestle with a crappy switch, and I can dial in to 5.1 or 5.5 volts to suit each particular flavor I vape. It's already my primary device.

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
I want to thank everyone for the opinions and reviews. I have looked at this but HATE spending that much on a mod. That being said, I think I hate changing battery's from 3.7 to 6 and back and then attys or juice because I need something stronger or weaker, etc, etc.
Yep, just spent the money and ordered the Buzz as from what most of you have said and the video reviews it sounds just like what I need.
Course being slightly ......ed I order it on a Saturday afternoon and will have to deal with the agonizing wait until it crosses the country.
So thank you everybody for the help and reviews. Can't wait.

Amajn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
New York
www.gloryvapes.com
I want to thank everyone for the opinions and reviews. I have looked at this but HATE spending that much on a mod. That being said, I think I hate changing battery's from 3.7 to 6 and back and then attys or juice because I need something stronger or weaker, etc, etc.
Yep, just spent the money and ordered the Buzz as from what most of you have said and the video reviews it sounds just like what I need.
Course being slightly ......ed I order it on a Saturday afternoon and will have to deal with the agonizing wait until it crosses the country.
So thank you everybody for the help and reviews. Can't wait.
Hey rambo trust me worth every penny for the simple fact of not needing other batts or to change them just dial it in and boom your done i dont even check the volts very often i just put juice in and dial til its where i like it

However i usally check the volts and set it at like almost five then when dialing it around i remember how many turns i did to get back and forth from where i started if that makes sense to ya

LOL admit it my video review did you in huh??? j/k

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash

I use nothing but cartomizers and have yet to find a package of 5 that have the same resistance throughout. Plus the V4L, the 510 and the 808 all have different resistances. That is what sold me on the Buzz. I don't care what the resistance is anymore because with the Buzz I can compensate for the difference very easily. I guess if a person is just looking for vaping without caring what the flavor and taste is on their cartos then any old PV will work, but if your like me and want the most pleasure out of your cartos then your going to need a voltage adjustable mod.

Oh and this is the nicest looking flashlight I've ever seen. :D

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
The Buzz compensates for differences in eliquids and atty resistances. If you buy a liquid, vape only at 5v and it tastes burnt, you're pretty much hosed. If you have a 3.7v unit as a spare, you'll get through the bottle, but won't be as happy. With the variable voltage you can easily drop it to no burnt taste and still get the maximum vapor from it. Suppliers change recipes as much as atomizers and cartomizers differ. Many taste burnt at 5v but do well at 4.5v. Many attys pop quickly at 5v. The Buzz eliminates all these problems in one unit. It's built solid and protection factors for putting the batteries in wrong to a shorted atomizer. You can measure your set voltage, vape the batteries till cutoff and when fresh charged batteries are put in, well, it's still at the same voltage. No dinking around finding the sweet spot again. If you want the most flavor out of your liquid and atty life, the Buzz delivers it.

Amajn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
New York
www.gloryvapes.com
Yep... your video review finally did me in...
On a side note...you seem to have moved very high on my wife's list..guess what list that is.
Seriously..glad you did a review. I know for sure how it will work after watching your videos.
LOL i love the sig we should join the same club

mwwtbmac (my wife wants to beat my ... club)

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
SO...do you NEED a multimeter if you have a BUZZ? Only I really dont fancy getting one, its more expense I dont need,and yadda yadda - I jsut want to press n go (turning a screw is ok) - I'm hoping youll say no but I have a feeling its gonna be yes lol.

You don't need a multimeter. You can leave it at 4.5 volts or turn it up to where you like it. You just won't know what voltage you're at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread