My Innokin keeps blinking 3 times and not firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
It's an innokin endura t18 II. I bought it just a week ago. Everything was working fine until this morning when I tried to fire it and it just blinked three times. I thought maybe there was a problem with the coil, so I put a new one in. It was still blinking. So I made extra sure the coil was in properly. Then it started working again. I vaped for about an hour and then it started blinking again and wouldn't fire. Any idea what the problem is?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I'm not familiar with the device at all however I find innokin to be a really good company to work with as far as problems and they're fairly responsive on their thread in the Forum just tag one of their brand reps whichever one you see listed and they should give you an idea on how to proceed or maybe there's a quick fix or you're going to have to warranty it. Of course continue to troubleshoot I don't know if it's internal or external battery I don't know anything about that device and usually I would say maybe I shouldn't be commenting but in general when you get a new product and it's starting to fritz out you want to warranty it ASAP cuz the stores only going to have a 30-day warranty if that and the manufacturers anywhere between 90 and 180 days on average

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The innokin endura t18 II resistance range is 1.2Ω and above.
Using anything lower can cause intermittent firing or it not to fire, or if it does it may overheat the pcb.
If you've overtightened the tank to power device it can cause connectivity problems, shorting in the the 510 connector, intermittent firing, flashing warning light.

Check your owner/user manual,
The red LED will blink 3 times if the PCB is overheated.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
I'm not familiar with the device at all however I find innokin to be a really good company to work with as far as problems and they're fairly responsive on their thread in the Forum just tag one of their brand reps whichever one you see listed and they should give you an idea on how to proceed or maybe there's a quick fix or you're going to have to warranty it. Of course continue to troubleshoot I don't know if it's internal or external battery I don't know anything about that device and usually I would say maybe I shouldn't be commenting but in general when you get a new product and it's starting to fritz out you want to warranty it ASAP cuz the stores only going to have a 30-day warranty if that and the manufacturers anywhere between 90 and 180 days on average
Thanks. I'll see if I can find a rep.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
That's interesting. When I started charging it and tried vaping while it was charging, it worked. The battery wasn't dead before, though. Two of the three lights were fully lit showing that it was at least 60% charged.

When my Pico mods start to show the charge indicator to be half or less and I put the cell on the charger it will show something like 35% full and the cell voltage is typically 3.5v. Cutoff is about 3.2v to 3.4v on most mods. That can vary among brands.

The mod is calibrated to show low battery levels when the voltage is too low to produce a decent vape. They don't let you completely exhaust the battery's capacity. Lithium cells usually don't recover well when they are completely discharged.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
My Innokins were always rock solid devices. I never had that model, but the ones I had all allowed pass-through vaping while charging. They did tend to have some issues with the center pin pushing down.

You might want to go out to the APV and Mods Discussion
and ask there, or search with your model.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I tried writing the person from Innokin yesterday. Hopefully, they will get back to me. I should have done better research. It's very frustrating to spend all that money for something that stops working after just a few days.

Have you followed the above suggestions/fixes offered by previous posters? Read your manual? Watched YouTube videos? Often such small things result from user error or unfamiliarity with the specs. If you have and still can't find a solution, maybe you could ask your question in Innokin subforum? Innokin Technology

The battery is still under warranty and they should replace it if it's faulty.

Reactions: Uncle

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
thefutureisnow, I agree with Katya. YouTube is your friend for learning more about vaping and vaping hardware. Internal battery mods are useful, but you'll want to buy mods with replaceable 18650 and 21700 cells for the long haul. Internal battery mods can last for years, but they are disposable when the internal cells die and they quit working.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Okay - I've have and continue to use both the Endura T18 & T22 for the past few years . . . Matter of fact, I am using them right now . . . From "My" experience when the light is blinking it is one of 2 reasons . . . Warning - the battery is dying and NEEDS to be recharged (which doen't take long at all) . . . OR - Ya' pushed the button 3 times in a row to quickly (be it to vape all 3 x's or not) - which results in the battery being shut off (same to turn the battery back on) . . . BTW: Thankfully, Innokin did this as a protective measure, given they originally developed the Endura's as a "Starter Kit" to help "Beginners" into vaping (although many advance/experienced users like me still use it too . . . ;) ) . . . As already mentioned by @Katya- all of this can be found in the "Owners Manual" & "Quick Guide" that Innokin enclosed in each and every one of their products . . . Also, there is the Innokin Technology . . . You can also contact a few of the Innokin representatives in that thread or even contact @Innokin_timmy (aka "Lexi") who is extremely helpful and quick to respond (Oh and very nice too . . . ;) ) . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

BTW: Although, you can, if absolutely necessary and have no other mod available, vaping while charging - it is not something I would suggest Ya' do . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    According to the manual for the Innokin Endura T18 (not the T18 II, I can't find that manual), flashing red 3 times indicates overheating of the battery.

I never owned an endura but I have owned the innokin itaste VV mods they used to make and while they do say you can "vape while charging", I do not recommend doing that. I fried an itaste VV doing that as far as I'm concerned and Innokin did replace it (that was a long time ago).

Reactions: Katya
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread