My Istick's starting to fail after four years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
4 years isn't a bad return on a smaller internal battery. I'm liking carrying a single 21700 mod. Getting 2+ days from a Samsung 40T at 23-30w. The Squid Detonator is pocket friendly. Pico has a 21700 out. Honestly if you like using the istick I personally think they are worth buying again.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Four years of faithful service earns it a place in the Hall of Fame.

Lots of good smaller mods to choose from these days, and you can use your Nauti mini on essentially everything. Look at the eLeaf offerings, and take a peek at the Innokin Kroma. Nice versatile mod.

marianna

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
Netherlands
I bought my wife a pico 75 W single battery at christmas and its a great little mod. She gets 2-3 days on a single HG2 at arounf 26W.

Agree, a great mod!
But I use maxVG (=VG diluted with 18% demineralised water) + VG-flavors, so, I often have to remove the wick, do a dry burn, and put in a new wick... or make a new coil + new wick.
Fortunately I've got 17 RBTA's and RDTA's, all with 510 connection. :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Agree, a great mod!
But I use maxVG (=VG diluted with 18% demineralised water) + VG-flavors, so, I often have to remove the wick, do a dry burn, and put in a new wick... or make a new coil + new wick.
Fortunately I've got 17 RBTA's and RDTA's, all with 510 connection. :)
My wife is using the ammit RDA which she loves as its giving her fantastic flavour (it's her first rebuildable). Otherwise she uses the vaporesso NRG tank which she says tastes funny from time to time!!

I tried RDTA's when they first appeared but they kept leaking on me so I haven't used them since :D Good luck to you though if their your thing :thumbs:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, I'm not complaining about how it wont charge fully or hold a charge after four years. But more wondering if I should consider anything else when replacing my old TC40W? I like how small it is when I'm working..

Thanks!
I use both internal and external. You can't beat the internals for being pocket friendly. A couple you might consider: The Nugget X has huge power for a mod its size, and hits fantastic - very fast chip. Even smaller (tiny!) and super ergonomic is the Vaporesso Target Mini. Neither is expensive.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
But more wondering if I should consider anything else when replacing my old TC40W?

I know. I just had to retire my 30 watt.. Istick should resell some of their older models.

I've been buying more of the iStick 20W and 30W mods in just the last few months. The one place that still had the iStick 40W TC ones just sold out within the last 2 weeks or so unfortunately. I just bought several of the 75W iStick TC Pico instead. eBay is full of Eleaf iStick clones/fakes, so I'd definitely bypass there for sure, if I were you.

The last I checked, FastTech still carries a variety of the iSticks...some kits and some just the battery. I haven't bought the 20W or 30W from them, but did get some iStick Basic kits from them in the past.

There are some still sold within the US though. They don't carry many any more, but do currently have some in stock. PM me and I'll tell you 2 places for sure.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, I'm not complaining about how it wont charge fully or hold a charge after four years. But more wondering if I should consider anything else when replacing my old TC40W? I like how small it is when I'm working..

Thanks!

Maybe something like the Aspire Zelos is something to check out.

Aspire Zelos 50W - Aspire® Official Site

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks!
After 3 years plus, my TC 40W still worked and I finally gave it to one of my relatives, great mod. I never needed a 40 w, so I bought a 30 and I'm good to go another 3 to 4 years. I have and old 30 I bought as a back up and use it when I'm recharging the new 30. The old 30 is getting dim but still take a charge and keeps trucking.
Get a kick out of all the new internals, they are anywhere from double to 3-4 times the cost of a 30w Istick and leave out the watt increments in their specs, but boy they can sure tell you how sleek the design is. I trust the Eleaf internal batteries, they have this technology down pat.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I've been buying more of the iStick 20W and 30W mods in just the last few months. The one place that still had the iStick 40W TC ones just sold out within the last 2 weeks or so unfortunately. I just bought several of the 75W iStick TC Pico instead. eBay is full of Eleaf iStick clones/fakes, so I'd definitely bypass there for sure, if I were you.

The last I checked, FastTech still carries a variety of the iSticks...some kits and some just the battery. I haven't bought the 20W or 30W from them, but did get some iStick Basic kits from them in the past.

There are some still sold within the US though. They don't carry many any more, but do currently have some in stock. PM me and I'll tell you 2 places for sure.
iStick TC 40W by Eleaf
Rocky Mountain vapor usually carries the others

scott58

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
NorthWest Indiana
Mini nautilus. I keep reading it's still cutting edge..

That's what I use also. I bought a Revenger mini to replace the Istick. Same height but a little wider. Seems to be ok. Just more options then what I need and for some reason I have to set it lower wattage to get the same taste. As long as it doesn't go through coils faster I'll stay with it.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
iStick TC 40W by Eleaf
Rocky Mountain vapor usually carries the others

That's a decent sale price at MFS. I didn't want 40W ones myself, but was just mentioning that the place I knew of that did used to have them...was sold out recently. It was RMV! He still has a great deal on the Pico 75W mods at just $22.40, after the 30% discount, and with Free S/H, if anyone's looking for some. When I've run out of the 30W and 50W iSticks from my stash, more local vaping newbies have chosen to go with the 75W Picos that I've gotten from him. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread