My Janty Stick thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
You`re probably all bored by the various janty stick reviews floating around the forum but anywho here`s my thoughts:-
Having pre-ordered the limited edition stick from Jantyshop.com I was intially upset with the lack of engraving and wooden presentation box but when my package arrived all I can say is THANKYOU JANTY! :thumb:
They made up the order with an extra atomiser, 2 extra batteries and a load of juice of various flavours also with 20 euro credit to spend online, can`t say fairer than that. Along with the promised additional carry case,charger, usb etc.

Having read numerous posts on ECF I`ve been treating my stick with kid gloves, as reports of flaking paint and inconsistent switch performance have been a worry.

Having used the stick exclusively for a couple of weeks now,verging on heavy vaping I can say that these worries are not unjustified. :(
The paint is starting to flake on the edges, (not a big issue for me) and the sticky backed plastic covered the switch is starting to peel away even though this is covered in the 1 year warranty on the body (v1) I wont be sending it back as it can be cured with a dab of glue or a covering with clear packing tape over the switch.
Also dilligence is needed with general maintenance such as blowing through the atomiser on occasion and/or leaving to drain overnight as the main reason I purchased the stick (with manual button) was the fact I could drip without the fear of leaks. Again because of various reports I am reluctant to drip directly to the atomiser instead opting to fill carts for fear of juice leaking through the LED. Though apparently this has been fixed on the V2 body available soon.

If you`ve read this far don`t let my previous thoughts put you off:- :)

On to the positives.

Firstly the form factor is the best i`ve seen in current vaping devices , excluding some of the awesome mods I`ve seen.
Vapour is monstrous once the atty is broken in if and you swap out the standard batteries you get with the stick.
I`ve been using the ultra fire TR10440`s 3.6v rated at 600mha (far better than the 360mha that are provided).
Throat hit is not overwhelming but sufficient this could depend on juice as I`ve found with Janty juice flavour is great ,but vapour is a bit wimpy. However with TW or ecopure (VG) juice thats been lying around I`m literally puffing huge clouds!!!

Normally I`m sat infront of the pc with a 901 with a passthrough so battery life is not an issue, even though the stick has a USB function with the ability to vape and charge the battery at the same time, I really haven`t tried this out yet.....the battery life is that good. Added to that the case provided can hold two batteries aswell as one in the stick so it`s lasted me a whole night out (bearing in mind we started very early on the beer!!!) :D

The only other niggling fault I can find is that swaping out for a fresh battery can be a bit of an issue if you have fat fingers and decide to leave the
atomiser in place, although the battery cover has a good thread with a deep cross head ,space becomes and issue. But if you`re not lazy like me and remove the atomiser first then it shouldn`t be a problem.

In summary the Stick (so far) has been the most reliable, satisfying, best looking , best battery life of any device I`ve owned. And no, I`m not a Janty
Fanboy!!!! :lol:

Zestok90

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Mentor, OH
Thanks for the info Sir Puffalot.
Very informative, you got me even more pumped for when my Janty Stick V2 comes in.
Only 2 more days till it is here in the U.S.

Firstly the form factor is the best i`ve seen in current vaping devices , excluding some of the awesome mods I`ve seen.

I totally agree with this too.
Some of the other uppervolt PVs kinda looke more like a vibrator or something to me. I wouldn't wanna leave it around for my friends or family to see.
Of course, I will probably still end up buying one for the hell of it.:)

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
Unfortunately from what I`ve read from other members, quality control seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair :( from my experience, the switch performance has been impeccable, I`m hoping I`m not tempting fate here!!! :D
Fingers crossed for you on the V2. Logic says that most of the problems will be ironed out if they listen to feedback posted on this and other forums.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
Unfortunately from what I`ve read from other members, quality control seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair :( from my experience, the switch performance has been impeccable, I`m hoping I`m not tempting fate here!!! :D
Fingers crossed for you on the V2. Logic says that most of the problems will be ironed out if they listen to feedback posted on this and other forums.

This. I've had zero switch issues. I'm just sitting here happily vaping away a cream/hilton concoction dripped into an M201 atty (Thanks Shawn). Had my stick about three weeks now. I think it might be that I'm not stuffing the stick anywhere tight. It's either in a shirt pocket, or in a khaki pocket. I have some large heat shrink ready just in case, but haven't had to bother.

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have to say I am very disappointed in the JantyStick. I have 2 useless ones at the moment. One switch went bad and the other is barely producing any vapor anymore. I'm holding off on the V2 to see what exactly they changed, if anything, to make a final decision. I've gone back to my 801 and actually purchased a kissbox as well, which I'm having fun with.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
I have to say I am very disappointed in the JantyStick. I have 2 useless ones at the moment. One switch went bad and the other is barely producing any vapor anymore. I'm holding off on the V2 to see what exactly they changed, if anything, to make a final decision. I've gone back to my 801 and actually purchased a kissbox as well, which I'm having fun with.

I love mine. I replaced it once because it started leaking and then the switch went iffy on me (I'm beginning to think the two are related). I've ordered the V2, which will relegate my current device to backup. I've been pretty careful with the replacement as well, not overfilling the cartridge, topping off a little more frequently (I'd guess somewhere on the order of about half a pack's worth of smoking between topoffs with about 10 drops). Hard to say what's causing your vapor production issues, but there are so many reasons for this you'd be a while trying to figure it out anyway (loss of contact to the atty, flooded atty, poor atty, faulty circuitry on the stick, weak juice, you get the idea).

Can't wait for the V2, I figure it can only get better than it is, and it's already very good, even with the problems.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread