My journey to Mega Ego Carto, and back

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamedemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Illinois
Hello All... I have not ever posted a review, but wanted to post this as I now have 7 months experience with vaping under my belt...

I ran into a smoke51 Kiosk at the mall. The guy convinced me to take a hit. I did.... I was AMAZED ! I was ready to buy one until he told me the price... I told him I would be back, but that the price was too high.

I came back home and decided to search online. I looked everywhere for something that looks exactly like a cigarette. I ordered a Blu, continued browsing, and then I found this forum...

Before the Blu even arrived, I also ordered a 510 kit based on the reviews on this forum, and the fact that the Blu was taking forever to ship. They both arrived the same day ! I tired both for a couple of days, and quickly realized that the 510 was my preference. The Blu went into seclusion ! The key though was that the day the both showed up (january 6th) I did not even crave a cigarette !

So my journey with the 510, a PCC, about 20 atomizers and a whole bunch of liquid was GREAT ! IT was a pain filling the carts. I tried a whole bunch of methods and fillers, and settled on the straw with blue foam plug... I had a little case that carried 16 filled cars, and extra Atty and 3 510 batteries. I was a constant vaper, and I needed to carry 4 charged batteries all the time. I would go through about 10 carts a day and would refill them at night.

Then the eGo came by... It was love at first sight ! I LOVED IT ! The battery lasted all day. I only had to carry one eGo in my case and the other one in my hand... Vapor was AWESOME, warm (cone made a big difference for me) Battery was great, and I realized that a Mod is fine and things did not have to look like a cigarette anymore ! The eGo simply rocked my world... I bought another kit, and used it for like 3 months... But I was getting tired of the constant Cart refilling, leaks, and all the crap I had to carry around to fill the darn thing.....

Again, being an ECF addict, I decided.. what the heck. looks like the Mr. Puffer will solve all these problems.. a box mod, with longer battery life. Autofeeder with the squeeze of a trigger. the Mr. Puffer and I never got along... from the finicky switch that worked only when it felt like it, the hard to squeeze bottle, and the little hose that always came off in my pocket... We were just not meant to get along. It worked great when it worked... just never consistent.... I was still on the quest for trouble free vaping... The convenience and peace of mind of a cigarette.

So one day I said... what the heck...I should try the KR 808 from V4L. just maybe it could make life easier since the Cartomizers are claimed to last longer ! So I ordered a Kit from V4L with the XL batteries and premium empty cartos.. WOW again. The Cartos were AWESOME... I went through 3 a day, and the batteries from V4L lasted me for a solid 3-4 hours. so now I carried 2 batteries, 3 cartos and went off all day vaping... I missed the feel of my eGo... But I could not pass up on the lack of messy leaks, constant refill of the 510 carts.. I loved it.. I was a KR808 junky now with over 50 Premium cartos on hand and 8 XL batteries... but still there was something missing... the refilling was annoying !

Again, one day on ECF I see the Wetbox.. Since I had the 14500 batteries and chargers from the Mr. Puffer days, the Premioum V4L cartos, I figured it would be worth a try... I ordered one.. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOW... I am in love... I mean this thing lasted ALL day and night, had an on off switch so I can safely carry it in my pocket, no hoses, easy bottle squeeze, and did not have to carry extra parts. I had to fill the bottle once every 36 hours.. it took me 45 seconds. So I ordered another Wtbox as a backup, then a back up for the backup, and finally another backup for the backup backup Wetbox. yes.. I am OCD ! So I was very content with the wetbox.. but I still loved the feel of my eGo.

The the mega cartos arrive for the eGo... Brilliant ! a cart large enough to last all day, a battery that I know lasts all day, and the wonderful feel of the eGo ! So I went ahead and ordered a pack of 5...

I put my dusty eGo batteries on the charger. I followed the instructions, removed the 2 caps, pocked a whole, and filled 2 MLs.. Vaped. WOW.. This is not bad at all... not messy, nice vapor, and ooooooh the ever nice feel of holding my eGo... life was great again, until I had to refill... what a pain in the neck... Leaking... burning taste, and I had to carry "special" tools to refill... and then more leaking.. Nope... Was not worth it...

Back to the trusty WetBox.. which in my opinion is the best Mod out there for the most convenience. Especially with the V4L premium cartos... do not order the Cool cartos, as the hole is too small and the draw becomes very hard since the needle will occupy most of the space in the hole !

So this is my vaping journey folks.. just my opinion as well !

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hello All... I have not ever posted a review, but wanted to post this as I now have 7 months experience with vaping under my belt...

I ran into a smoke51 Kiosk at the mall. The guy convinced me to take a hit. I did.... I was AMAZED ! I was ready to buy one until he told me the price... I told him I would be back, but that the price was too high.

I came back home and decided to search online. I looked everywhere for something that looks exactly like a cigarette. I ordered a Blu, continued browsing, and then I found this forum...

Before the Blu even arrived, I also ordered a 510 kit based on the reviews on this forum, and the fact that the Blu was taking forever to ship. They both arrived the same day ! I tired both for a couple of days, and quickly realized that the 510 was my preference. The Blu went into seclusion ! The key though was that the day the both showed up (january 6th) I did not even crave a cigarette !

So my journey with the 510, a PCC, about 20 atomizers and a whole bunch of liquid was GREAT ! IT was a pain filling the carts. I tried a whole bunch of methods and fillers, and settled on the straw with blue foam plug... I had a little case that carried 16 filled cars, and extra Atty and 3 510 batteries. I was a constant vaper, and I needed to carry 4 charged batteries all the time. I would go through about 10 carts a day and would refill them at night.

Then the eGo came by... It was love at first sight ! I LOVED IT ! The battery lasted all day. I only had to carry one eGo in my case and the other one in my hand... Vapor was AWESOME, warm (cone made a big difference for me) Battery was great, and I realized that a Mod is fine and things did not have to look like a cigarette anymore ! The eGo simply rocked my world... I bought another kit, and used it for like 3 months... But I was getting tired of the constant Cart refilling, leaks, and all the crap I had to carry around to fill the darn thing.....

Again, being an ECF addict, I decided.. what the heck. looks like the Mr. Puffer will solve all these problems.. a box mod, with longer battery life. Autofeeder with the squeeze of a trigger. the Mr. Puffer and I never got along... from the finicky switch that worked only when it felt like it, the hard to squeeze bottle, and the little hose that always came off in my pocket... We were just not meant to get along. It worked great when it worked... just never consistent.... I was still on the quest for trouble free vaping... The convenience and peace of mind of a cigarette.

So one day I said... what the heck...I should try the KR 808 from V4L. just maybe it could make life easier since the Cartomizers are claimed to last longer ! So I ordered a Kit from V4L with the XL batteries and premium empty cartos.. WOW again. The Cartos were AWESOME... I went through 3 a day, and the batteries from V4L lasted me for a solid 3-4 hours. so now I carried 2 batteries, 3 cartos and went off all day vaping... I missed the feel of my eGo... But I could not pass up on the lack of messy leaks, constant refill of the 510 carts.. I loved it.. I was a KR808 junky now with over 50 Premium cartos on hand and 8 XL batteries... but still there was something missing... the refilling was annoying !

Again, one day on ECF I see the Wetbox.. Since I had the 14500 batteries and chargers from the Mr. Puffer days, the Premioum V4L cartos, I figured it would be worth a try... I ordered one.. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOW... I am in love... I mean this thing lasted ALL day and night, had an on off switch so I can safely carry it in my pocket, no hoses, easy bottle squeeze, and did not have to carry extra parts. I had to fill the bottle once every 36 hours.. it took me 45 seconds. So I ordered another Wtbox as a backup, then a back up for the backup, and finally another backup for the backup backup Wetbox. yes.. I am OCD ! So I was very content with the wetbox.. but I still loved the feel of my eGo.

The the mega cartos arrive for the eGo... Brilliant ! a cart large enough to last all day, a battery that I know lasts all day, and the wonderful feel of the eGo ! So I went ahead and ordered a pack of 5...

I put my dusty eGo batteries on the charger. I followed the instructions, removed the 2 caps, pocked a whole, and filled 2 MLs.. Vaped. WOW.. This is not bad at all... not messy, nice vapor, and ooooooh the ever nice feel of holding my eGo... life was great again, until I had to refill... what a pain in the neck... Leaking... burning taste, and I had to carry "special" tools to refill... and then more leaking.. Nope... Was not worth it...

Back to the trusty WetBox.. which in my opinion is the best Mod out there for the most convenience. Especially with the V4L premium cartos... do not order the Cool cartos, as the hole is too small and the draw becomes very hard since the needle will occupy most of the space in the hole !

So this is my vaping journey folks.. just my opinion as well !
gamedemon.........I had the same thing happen to me. I have found out since that you should'nt add as much liquid to the second re-fill. I usually add just under 1.5ml on the re-fill and generally there is no leakage. I also divide the amount between the left and right side of the carto and a smaller amount straight down the middle. The burning taste may have been from dryness and some of the filler was singed. As soon as I notice a drop off in flavor I re-fill and everything is a go.

Don't give up on these so soon.....They really work once you get the hang of them!

:)The Wiz!

gamedemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Illinois
Outstanding review! You should try more stuff so you can do more reviews :)

Mega ego cartos -- lol, some people are refilling using a gram scale. weigh it when you get it, weigh it when it's empty, weigh it as you refill it (hopefully they keep the blinds closed while doing it)

Exactly... The hassle... and at $4 or so a pop, and the drug syringe you have to carry around... and no way to see when it is full... no thanks... too much of a hassle... even without the wetbox, the regular carto, you can see what is going on when you refill, they are easy to refill, they can be washed, and are soooo cheap relative to the eGo carto... I still have to say.. the eGo feels good... but for me, convenience is a priority.. as the minute I get frustrated, I will start analogs... I do not want to do this.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Holy cow.. I did not realize that I wrote a novel... Sorry...

Don't be sorry, that was a very nice story and well written. I kind of had the same experience you had, except that I didn't spent as much as you I'm definitely sure of this!

And right now I'm holding a wetbox (kr808 carto), just received it today! Too soon to say anything but I think I'm already in love! :D

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Thanks for taking the time to do your review, I enjoyed reading it.

I have the eGo mega cartos, have been using them for 11 days now and am so happy to have them. Yes there are a few minor inconveniences using them but I feel the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, at least for me.

I was able to get them on sale with free shipping + a coupon and they ended up averaging approx $2.50 each. I have never refilled them using the "max" that they suggest, I only refill between 1-1.5 ml because otherwise yes, I do get a lot of leaking if I put more than that in, especially if I refill too fast. The slower I do the refill, the less leaking I get.

Another thing that might help prevent a lot of leaking is after I do my refill I started sticking my empty syringe all the way down inside, on each side of the carto and suck out any juice that may have overflowed, back into the syringe, and that has helped my "leaks" a lot.

gamedemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Illinois
Thanks for taking the time to do your review, I enjoyed reading it.

I have the eGo mega cartos, have been using them for 11 days now and am so happy to have them. Yes there are a few minor inconveniences using them but I feel the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, at least for me.

I was able to get them on sale with free shipping + a coupon and they ended up averaging approx $2.50 each. I have never refilled them using the "max" that they suggest, I only refill between 1-1.5 ml because otherwise yes, I do get a lot of leaking if I put more than that in, especially if I refill too fast. The slower I do the refill, the less leaking I get.

Another thing that might help prevent a lot of leaking is after I do my refill I started sticking my empty syringe all the way down inside, on each side of the carto and suck out any juice that may have overflowed, back into the syringe, and that has helped my "leaks" a lot.

HA.. I never thought of the "sucking" method.... good point .. will give it a shot

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Just thought i'd let everyone know I got a preview of the new Ego carto that features a whistle tip and 2ml of capacity with NO FILLER. They appear refillable with a little work, but these look to be the new thing. Coming out in August.
savage......Do you have a link you can post here? I would like to take a look at those myself!

Thanks!
:)The Wiz!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Outstanding review! You should try more stuff so you can do more reviews :)

Mega ego cartos -- lol, some people are refilling using a gram scale. weigh it when you get it, weigh it when it's empty, weigh it as you refill it (hopefully they keep the blinds closed while doing it)

Hey, Quick, watch it! :p

Besides, it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread