My Juul isn't hitting hard enough. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
Here’s to another Juul review. Bought mine on November 10, 2008 since the regular mod vapes weren’t doing it for me and I was close to breaking my streak of not smoking. Anyways, the device worked like a miracle. Not only did it reduce the amount of the juice I was vaping with my regular mod it reduced its over usage. The device was just so portable and convenient. Up here in Canada, Ontario you can find Juul pods at almost any gas station. Therefore, purchasing them was as convenient as purchasing smokes.

Anyways, two days ago I noticed I wasn’t able to get a good hit on the Juul. I had to keep sucking and barely any hit was coming through. I changed pods and it didn’t work. I read up on-online others had dealt with the same problem.

I contacted customer service today. They sent me an email voucher. That I can use to purchase a new device from their website for free. All very handy. Except for one small problem. By the time they process the order and actually sends it out for shipping I can expect to have this device sometime next week Wednesday, Thursday or Friday (It's December 6, 2018 right now). Not to mention Canada's mail service just came back from strike. So they are on a backlog. Finally, if the mail carrier arrives a signature is required. If I am not home they will just leave a notice card. That means I have to pick it up from the post office.

I mean the company should really think this through. How are nicotine addicts supposed to wait that long? I was really loving this device. In the interim, I will make do with my mod. I don’t want to purchase an interim device given all the money I waste on juice and DIY products.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yes, you've got to have (a) backup(s), especially if you're using vaping to quit smoking. If you're upset about Juul, you might consider any of a number of other pod systems, or even visit a local shop & get a more "robust" system. Just search this forum for Pod, and you'll see threads for quietest, latest, warmest, threads specific to brands, etc. I do mod/tank systems, and rebuild, but have tried a few pods. Right now, I'm really liking the Innokin EQ. Has its faults, but delivers a great hit, much better than most pods, and as good as many pretty good atomizers.

I'm sure others will be along to offer good insights, and good luck!

edit: I see you followed up before I posted. Sorry about that - but at least it sounds like you have some sort of backups, at least.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Bought mine on November 10, 2008

They didn't exist in 2008. I'm guessing that you mean 2018 since the warranty was active. The service that you describe is way better than I have gotten from any other vape company.

Suorin was slow to reply but they sent me a replacement with no hassle. I think it took them about a week to reply and another week to reply to my reply and another week to reply with a tracking number. Then it was in the post office's hands and received a few days later.

Voopoo took many emails and several months. 2 times, Voopoo sent me someone else's tracking number and failed to ship mine. The 3rd time, they actually sent mine out. I received a different color device than requested and no replacement for the extra 5 pods that were faulty (eventhough the pods were what I wanted most).

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
They didn't exist in 2008. I'm guessing that you mean 2018 since the warranty was active. The service that you describe is way better than I have gotten from any other vape company.

Suorin was slow to reply but they sent me a replacement with no hassle. I think it took them about a week to reply and another week to reply to my reply and another week to reply with a tracking number. Then it was in the post office's hands and received a few days later.

Voopoo took many emails and several months. 2 times, Voopoo sent me someone else's tracking number and failed to ship mine. The 3rd time, they actually sent mine out. I received a different color device than requested and no replacement for the extra 5 pods that were faulty (eventhough the pods were what I wanted most).
Hey, Smoked - looks like you accidentally posted in the wrong thread? ;)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Hey, Smoked - looks like you accidentally posted in the wrong thread? ;)

I'm not sure why you think it is the wrong thread. My quote seems to be from the OP. The OP is unhappy that his Juul replacement will take a week. A week sounds good to me and for comparison I gave 2 examples of other companies taking a month or several months to provide a warranty replacement.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I'm not sure why you think it is the wrong thread. My quote seems to be from the OP. The OP is unhappy that his Juul replacement will take a week. A week sounds good to me and for comparison I gave 2 examples of other companies taking a month or several months to provide a warranty replacement.
Nah, you're right! Long day, I guess - and I might've been fooled by the clipped quote, not noticing he said 2008, or something. In any event, I wasn't paying enough attention. :facepalm:
Sorry about that!

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
Yes, you've got to have (a) backup(s), especially if you're using vaping to quit smoking. If you're upset about Juul, you might consider any of a number of other pod systems, or even visit a local shop & get a more "robust" system. Just search this forum for Pod, and you'll see threads for quietest, latest, warmest, threads specific to brands, etc. I do mod/tank systems, and rebuild, but have tried a few pods. Right now, I'm really liking the Innokin EQ. Has its faults, but delivers a great hit, much better than most pods, and as good as many pretty good atomizers.

I'm sure others will be along to offer good insights, and good luck!

edit: I see you followed up before I posted. Sorry about that - but at least it sounds like you have some sort of backups, at least.

Thank you. Does the Innokin EQ also require coils?

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018

I agree the service was good.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thank you. Does the Innokin EQ also require coils?
Like the Juul, it uses replaceable pods. But you fill them with the juice of your choice. And although it's bigger than the Juul, the battery lasts longer and has more juice capacity. And it isn't draw activated, but requires you to push a button to fire. I'd prefer draw activated, but the Zero pod drove me nuts because you had to draw so hard on it to activate it, so push button firing is better than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread