My lab tested my juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
Just thought this might ease some people's minds.....
We tested the juice I had to see what was in it. I wanted to know what I was smoking and when I got results back the only thing found was glycerin and nicotine. I know that made me feel better and I thought it would also ease others minds too.

That is great news! Which juice do you use?
Stephanie

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Just thought this might ease some people's minds.....
We tested the juice I had to see what was in it. I wanted to know what I was smoking and when I got results back the only thing found was glycerin and nicotine. I know that made me feel better and I thought it would also ease others minds too.

Did you guys do anything in writing? A preliminary report would be nice...although Totally Wicked has done some testing and so has Johnson's Creek.

Phalse

ECF Veteran
Its awesome to know which suppliers provide *clean juice*

But for me the problem is not what the juice contains (we know its PG and nic), I think people are concerned about breathing vaporized PG?

*In My Head*
When I compare PG vapor to a smoke machine I think *SICK* I hate that machine vapor stuff!
When I compare PG vapor to a humidifiers vapor, I think *that sounds nice!*

Does you or anyone at the lab know what happens chemically to PG when vaporized/burned/heated?

We know you can smear it on your face, its in cosmetics but vapor is a little different.

Last edited:

belevitt

Mar 24, 2009
Melissa, you beat me to the punch. I was just about to run this myself. I appreciate what you have done, but I cannot urge you strongly enough not to post any data you obtained online. From your screen name, I can tell you are at the University of Rochester in a clinical lab with a GC. How many Melissa's (who are not themselves, techs) in clinical labs at your institution with access to a GC that used to be a smoker. I greatly appreciate your having checked this out and I hope it brings peace of mind to the readers of this forum board.

Phalse

ECF Veteran
Can you Analyze some actual "Vapor" ?

Is it possible to capture or contain vape smoke, then analyze it? Not exhaled vapor, non-inhaled vapor smoke from the pen.

hahaha thats funny lol
is there 0 resin from vape smoke?
is there 0 resin when exhaled directly into a clean cloth?

Can you analyze some kind of cloth you used for a filter to exhale through for resin?

Can you run an e-cig, burning vapor in a closed container with some kind of cloth for extended period of time then analyze the cloth?

This is all stuff the FDA would probably do and also major compaines would do as research but it seems that isnt going to happen right now.

we are addicted to nic...that sucks but also the "act" of smoking, we can reduce the amount of nic until its 0, flavoring is in tobacco and you need that for taste (who cares about burning flavoring).........What I want to know is what the hell is the PG base and does it harm anything or stick to membranes(cloth/lungs) when vaporized.

If the chemical sticks to cloth it will stick to your lungs membranes, if thats the case how much sticks and is that amount when injected into the body, harmful.

Last edited:

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
I know TW and JC have done testing. I personally felt better myself getting a non-biased test done and am very happy I did. Now I don't wonder anymore:)

Dang once again this forum is reading my mind and making my life much easier Thanks :D

Im just getting into this whole ecig thing and researching the juice is my current action. I work in the O.R. and was planning to ask one of my Lab buddies to look at something for me in a few days.

You have done all of us a big favor thanks for taking the time to do the research. Now I just need to find out if Johnson Creek is really going to bring out a new line of Juice in April.

Think I will go ahead and try the sampler then if something else comes out will be nice to compare.

Thanks Again!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread