My latest AGA-T2 setup with triple cotton wicking action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrosis

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Arizona
Really wanted to share this design. Not sure what to call this, for now I'm just referring to it as a w-wick as it's fundamentally a u-wick with an extra external wick.

My favorite wicking setup in my Igo-L is a horizontal coil with one wick going through the coil, and a second one running underneath just touching the bottom. After having so many failed attempts at making a cotton wick that could wick on it's own in my aga-t2, I found out a u-wick design worked, and then of course, the thought of adding another wick running underneath the coil soon followed.

What I did
1) Built a microcoil (in this case, 10 wrap 30g kanthal) and installed horizontally. If I could, I would have wanted a horizontal coil above a hole, with two on either end, but I just cant pull it off with this genesis.

2) Unrolled a full cotton ball, cut the length in half, then cut one of the halves in half to reduce width. Then took one of those fourths and cut it roughly in half again to reduce the width to produce something of a square like shape of cotton that I rolled up tightly, wetting my fingers with a little e-juice. (by making a wick out of a length of cotton going with the threads seems to make it very reliable, consistent, and strength).

3) Threaded through coil, then each side down a wick hole by pushing them down with a 20g needle. This not only makes it easy, but helps frizz the hell out of the cotton inside the tank which likely helps wicking further.

4) Made a second wick same as the first from a remaining piece, shoved it down a third hole, and ran it however so that it ends up running underneath the coil. Dont know if there is any benefit from the second wick contacting either ends of the first u-wick, but it doesnt seem to hurt.

5) After saturating wicks, I would run the 20g needle down the side of each hole to ensure there is a little gap of air between the metal and wick (there is a fourth fill hole in the back left open)

The end result is something of a hybrid internal and external wick. juice tastes great, gobs of dragon smoke (as expected from microcoil+cotton), and this thing has absolutely no problem wicking on it's own without any kind of tilt. There is actually a ton of cotton inside the tank, at least enough to reach the bottom with all 3 wicks, that are saturated and holding almost half the tank. And so far, if I want to remove the wicks they seem to slide out easily. Takes longer to setup the wicks that my normal 'single thick wick underneath the coil over one hole', but not requiring tipping the device and re-soaking the cotton before each hit was the goal and I'm loving it. Good if I want a tank just for a specific juice that wont ever leak.

wvnTW9W.jpg

If anyone has anymore ideas to add to this, I'd love to hear em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread