My latest mod, inspired by all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
This is actually my sixth mod, but only the first one I've posted. The others were just copies of what has already been done. This one may have been done before, but I am quite thrilled with it. It is very compact. Has a master on/off slide switch and a momentary pushbutton tactile switch. It uses one 10440 li-ion battery and puts out some great vapor and killer throat hit.

I used a 2x AAA enclosed battery holder (Radio Shack part number 270-414), a size M coax power jack (Radio Shack part number 274-1582) and a 9.5mm tact switch (Radio Shack part number 275-003). I got the slide switch from another battery holder from RS (the slide switches from the 4x battery holders fit perfectly on the pins in this one, just had to cut a hole for the switch to come through.

Everything is held in place with epoxy. I left my wires a little too long on this one, so you can't see the wiring very well. I will be glad to explain that part if anyone needs the info.

Pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
This looks great!! I'd love more info on the wiring and especially how you hooked up the coaxial jack. Any step by step directions and a video of it in use would be greatly appreciated and anticipated!

Great mod!

It might take me some time, but I will do a step by step instructional, with pics, for the coax jack in a separate thread, then I will come back and do a step by step for this.

Sorry, no vids. I detest recordings of me, both video and audio.:oops:

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
It might take me some time, but I will do a step by step instructional, with pics, for the coax jack in a separate thread, then I will come back and do a step by step for this.

Sorry, no vids. I detest recordings of me, both video and audio.:oops:

Would settle for a silent video with you off camera. :)

I'll look forward to the step by step instructions!

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
UMMMM. Looks Very Familiar. Just Missing The Power LED....

Patents were applied for.

Keep Vapin!

LOL

I tried very hard not to say this was entirely original. I took the parts I liked from other mods on the forum and put them all into one mod. I wasn't sure if this had been done yet or not. There are so many box mods lately. I will let you have credit for the creation. I took inspiration from so many here. This modders' forum retains the spirit of community that was everywhere on ECF when I first joined. I love lurking here. Just thought it was high time I contributed a few pics of my work so you all know I really am putting this stuff to use, not just re-posting the info I have read here.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Thank you all for your kind words. They are much appreciated.

First two batteries lasted about 6 hours each (I can't say the charge was fresh on them though). I am still working on my first freshly charged battery, but work kept me from vaping like I would like to. All in all, I am happy. I get nice, consistent vapor and throat hit. The batteries last long enough to get me through most of my excursions - I carry a spare in my jacket pocket.

I plan to make one of these for my yeti next. In case anyone is wondering, I made a Magnum for the 901 and another for the yeti - performance was equal between the two, almost too equal.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Great work nico. How long does it last on a charge?

And the way I figure is if you can make something that another company will sell you for 150 bucks for 20 then go for it. Looks like it could use a vent for the attomiser.

There is a small hole at the end of the box - where the wires originally went through - that seems to be providing enough air flow.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Nice work Nico - simple, and effective no doubt.... would be great to see her in action! :)

It's also a nice touch to have the main on/off switch - prevents any issues with the momentary switch going off in your pocket and burning the atty out/discharging the batteries.

The 'Nicostick' - definitely got a nice ring to it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread