Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
This mod was inspired by Tinear's Mahmba mod which I saw a few months ago before he removed the pictures and by MadVapes.com because the website offers so much in the way of modding parts. He is the only vendor I have ever bought from that actually threw in the freebies that we all hear of others receiving. And it was a freebie switch that got me finally rolling on my personalized mods. At this point... I just can't thank Hoogie @ MadVapes enough!

It is a 3.7 volt, 510 atomizer battery box mod with a failsafe horn button switch and the time honored durability of a Nico-Stick with a 3ml juice injection system installed. I know this one will not fail (aside from a better tubing).

nico-dripv21nicex.jpg

nico-dripv22nic.jpg

"MadVapes" because all the parts can be purchased from MadVapes and were the source of concrete inspiration. I hope Hoogie doesn't mind when we use his website name in our mod names. I am not associated other than a happy customer... so consider this mod my "review" also!

"Nico" because of the Nico-Stick originally created by the ECF member NicoWolf... which is a 2 "AA" battery box which contains a larger battery than the stock batteries. With a 14500 Protected battery... it can last for hours compared to the stock 510 batteries lasting briefly before recharge. Thank You so much NicoWolf!

"Drip" because it is a Nico-Stick wich supplies the ability to drip directly onto the atomizer via a 3ml dropper bottle and tubing assembly.

"V2" because it is a version 2. Version 1 is still under construction of adding a voltage regulator to protect the tactile switch and consists of a smaller box which does not contain room for a spare atomizer like V2 does.

nico-dripv2inside-2.jpg

nico-dripv2parts.jpg

I want to post a "how-to" on this but am not sure if I'll be doing it here... I'm testing this as I post and read. I'm on a slow dial-up connection and the how-to is in pictures with text attached for easy saving. I want to see how this loads so as to not bog down others on dial-up also by posting the how-to pics all on one page.

Probably my biggest reason for creating these and posting a "how-to" is for peoples enjoyment, of course, but more so for human/animal safety. These mods make things easier in the dark and are especially helpful while driving. This mod is easy to locate in the dark too as I have it so the slow changing LED is on as long as the main on/off switch is on. Amazingly... the LED hardly uses any battery longevity.

The how-to pics will be being uploaded to my Photobucket at:
Nico-Drip V2 pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

And eventually to MadVapes new Modding How-To area located at
MadVapes e-Cig 'How To' Tutorials • Index page

Hope you enjoy!:thumbs:

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
My God
I can't believe how sleek you have made a 3 X AA battery box look.
The mahmba is good (Very Good).
But
This has Pure style
Mark at Madvapes should put these pics on the homepage.
You may or may not know, that I'm not a cart fed fanatic, but this mod is gorgeous.
Carlos should watch his back
Bravo

The mahmba's design is very complex and you have made it look simple.

I would be proud to own one of those. (even if it was pink with hearts).

I'm in the presence of a mod god.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Oh my who let you out of the Madvapes forum? Everyone hide your battery boxes. :D

You ever think of making one of these for your brother? :sneaky:
I think he would like it 5 Volt Bright Green and instead of hearts something like stars might be good. :confused: Or maybe letters Like Roy. :p Think that`s his name.
All he ever does is talk on how your his favorite sister you know. :w00t:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thank you all for your kind and inspiring words! Hope you didn't say all that only 'cause it was April Fools day!?

Seven... looks like you will have to wait because I just gotta make Petercro a pink one with hearts! :lol: and I think I'll throw in some Butterflies too!?

The fitting that Global Apathy posted looks so darned close to the one that I used! It looks a lot like the top part of the one I have through the top of the box. It is only missing the bottom portion that has two rubber "o" rings on it. I would love to find these somewhere where we all could buy them.

I cannot really go into what the brass fittings I used were from because it really is a lot of work and a bit dangerous and possibly wasteful to get to them. Truly, I am not with-holding info without reason. What we need to do is find fittings sold somewhere like Global Apathy did.

I'll try to post pics of them.

Yes, I used a Dremel to grind-melt the holes into the box (not a drill)..... a stencil burner to cut the box in areas (like a soldering iron with an x-acto knife blade)..... sandpaper to round and shape things and a small set of files.

A different how-to is already in my Photobucket for my "Madvapes Manipu-Mod" that I was going to post until the switch stopped working. So, until I find a MOSFET/FET/Regulator to protect the small tactile switch... just don't use a tactile switch if you make that one! But the design and instructions are there and can be incorporated into those who want to do the Nico-Drip V2.

manipu1.jpg

manipuback1.jpg

PhotoBucket link:
e-cig manipu-mod pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

Storminyte made a great one using a different switch in a different location.

Anyone with ideas on the best MOSFET/FET/regulator to protect a tactile switch...... please do share! Also, tubing and fittings for tubing web links would be great.

Thank you all! Oh.... and the bottom heart pulses red on this Nico-Drip V2 while the rest of the inside of the box is illuminated by a slow changing LED I bought at MadVapes! My brother, ConnMan, came up with the idea. One LED, but it appears as if it has two! I'll try to make an animation to show it.

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
You making your Nico Drip V1 and posting about it was so much inspiration for me to create the V2 that..... heck Stormi..... I owe you one of mine! You and the people out there with like minds are actually why this V2 was created and posted so soon. :thumb:

Now.... if I just stop my "Journey of MOSFET"..... I can get on with completeing the "how-to" properly and make the 5volt version.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
Dreamy
Check this out
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/64214-mosfet-3-7-volt-3.html

Post 26 link to data sheet.
Work well

If not check out the whole thread.
(Butterflies work for me) LOL

Peter..........

EDIT
Gate resistor is required.
Did not read data sheet correctly and fried 2 of them.
Got pins mixed up
And the worst thing is, They are sot23 size and bloody hard to solder.

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Ok then, I'll take it! I love the colors! and the curves! LOL, mine are not nearly as beautiful.

I just made a box that holds a 18650 out of a 2C box, nothing fancy just the box but I can't believe how those new 18650 battys hit! Oh ya, it holds a 10ml bottle of juice too! I could use it at 6v also. And Dreams, an LED that actually works! LOL
You making your Nico Drip V1 and posting about it was so much inspiration for me to create the V2 that..... heck Stormi..... I owe you one of mine! You and the people out there with like minds are actually why this V2 was created and posted so soon. :thumb:

Now.... if I just stop my "Journey of MOSFET"..... I can get on with completeing the "how-to" properly and make the 5volt version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread