My mailman is torturing me for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatherport

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Newport, RI, USA
www.cloud9smoking.com
I'm serious with that. He KNOWS I am waiting for a package because I told him yesterday. As I sit on porch watching him make his approach I purposely look away as to not appear too psychotic and then wait until he goes to next house, then get mail. No package! Argh! Sit back down to laptop and what do I hear? My mailbox flap being opened again...he came back. I think tomorrow he needs to meet my big very scary looking 100 lb. black Newfoundland. Granted, she's a powder puff, but he doesn't know that. I'll get him.

OMG so I go back out there....still no package, just 3 letters he "forgot?" Oh man.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Gotta love that union labor, eh?

I'm always at work when my mail comes, so I can't share in your guilty pleasure. Except Saturdays. Oh, does he know me on Saturdays....

If it wasn't for unions, we would all be working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, with no overtime, no sick leave, no vacation, and no job security. Things that the unions fought to get rid of, and we damn sure wouldn't be sitting around discussing which flavor of liquid to buy, or when the mailman was going to show up. Good post Heather! I hope you enjoy your goodies......

Last edited:

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
I used to stalk the mailman but I've now graduated to stalking the post office, I go in there 30 minutes after the mail truck drops the mail in to them to be sorted when I'm waiting on stuff and ask if anything's come in, they all know be by name nowadays lol.

:lol::headbang::thumb::banana::smokie:

The ultimate mail stalker!

Mine come back - an hour later - all the time too...drives me batty! I still thank him and grin all the way to the kitchen table.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

T^2

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Maryland
If it wasn't for unions, we would all be working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, with no overtime, no sick leave, no vacation, and no job security. Things that the unions fought to get rid of, and we damn sure wouldn't be sitting around discussing which flavor of liquid to buy, or when the mailman was going to show up. Good post Heather! I hope you enjoy your goodies......

Must have touched a nerve...

How about touching another...

Unions = paying high rates/rages to subsidize mediocrity.

Sorry... couldn't help myself...

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY
A scary looking Newfie?!?!?!? :rolleyes::facepalm::laugh::lol:

20 years in the retail pet trade (and groomer) I have never met one of those yet. Is it an off-shoot of the breed?

Anyhoo.

I chased my mail man down last week when I was waiting for a package from Backwoods Brew. I had been watching the tracking on USPS.com and was thrilled when it said that my juice was in transit for delivery. Woo hoo!

The mail man comes and goes. Where's my juice? I ran a few houses down to catch him and he was laughing. He said he was on his way back to give me the package but I beat him to it.

Needless to say, I ripped that little bugger open with my teeth on the way back and had the Honey Flue uncapped and ready to drip.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Uhhh my mailman did this for the first time a couple of weeks ago. What a jerk. Well, he's actually a she. I watched her insert mail, all paper and leave. No package, but hmm usps tracking says out for delivery. And what do you know? She comes back 15 mins later when she probably should have been on to her next route and puts my package in the mailbox. It's happened twice since then. I know she's screwing with me.

tornado9015

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Braintree
Go to your post office pick up some stamps and a postal scale, toss a few pennies in a bunch of envelopes to put them over the weight for 1 stamp. Than put adresses on a dozen or two of these, after attempting to deliver mail only to bring it back a day or two later a few times. The mailman should learn their lesson.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Go to your post office pick up some stamps and a postal scale, toss a few pennies in a bunch of envelopes to put them over the weight for 1 stamp. Than put adresses on a dozen or two of these, after attempting to deliver mail only to bring it back a day or two later a few times. The mailman should learn their lesson.

..........what?! I totally don't understand how that works at all. Explain more please? I'm intrigued.

tornado9015

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Braintree
..........what?! I totally don't understand how that works at all. Explain more please? I'm intrigued.

Well you see, a stamp costs a certain amount, and the more something weighs the more it costs to send, so you figure out the max weight for one stamp, and put the envelope above that weight, the mailman will bring it to the post office, they'll determine it's too heavy for what you paid, the mailman will return it to your door. Just make sure it's a few grams over to prevent somebody giving you a break and delivering random people an envelope of pennies lol. The pennies are just there because it's the cheapest weight to cost ratio thing I can think of that everybody has laying around.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Well you see, a stamp costs a certain amount, and the more something weighs the more it costs to send, so you figure out the max weight for one stamp, and put the envelope above that weight, the mailman will bring it to the post office, they'll determine it's too heavy for what you paid, the mailman will return it to your door. Just make sure it's a few grams over to prevent somebody giving you a break and delivering random people an envelope of pennies lol. The pennies are just there because it's the cheapest weight to cost ratio thing I can think of that everybody has laying around.

Yes I got that- thank you for the thorough explanation though, but does this create a hassle for the mailman? /evil laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread