My Mech won't fire !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
Standard clone mech, 16650, 510 connector tried with all my attys. sometimes fire and mostly not. Bottom Button with lock completely off and all contacts disasembled cleaned and rebuilt. Did nothing. Now I can't justify even trying another mech but no one else seems tohave this problem. body brass and stainless, contacts all brass and immaculately cleaned. Hated the awkward bottom button to begin with but wanted to keep trying at the mech because of less to go wrong however it would seem that was a completely bad idea.
How can there be so many expensive mechs out there with the kind of experience I'm getting with ming. Really Really BAD experience.
Open to any and all advice/instructions.
Tim Eagan

Thanks in advance:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Standard clone mech, 16650, 510 connector tried with all my attys. sometimes fire and mostly not. Bottom Button with lock completely off and all contacts disasembled cleaned and rebuilt. Did nothing. Now I can't justify even trying another mech but no one else seems tohave this problem. body brass and stainless, contacts all brass and immaculately cleaned. Hated the awkward bottom button to begin with but wanted to keep trying at the mech because of less to go wrong however it would seem that was a completely bad idea.
How can there be so many expensive mechs out there with the kind of experience I'm getting with ming. Really Really BAD experience.
Open to any and all advice/instructions.
Tim Eagan

Thanks in advance:mad:
The name of your mod would help others help you better. The only thing that I can think of is if you never used a mech before is you didn't adjust the top pin for your atty and if you have an adjustment for battery rattle it's not adjusted right, or if you built your own coils you might have a lose screw or short?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Sounds like contact adjustments for sure. As diff. mods use diff. methods, we really need to know what style you are using. Things to check: make sure positive pin makes contact with atty (if you can screw atty all the way down tight to mod with zero resistance, this may be your issue), check that your button and bottom pin are assembled correctly (with bottom removed, press in your button, then make sure the negative pin is screwed all the way in, finger tight is fine). Also, what type of attys? Some tank styles have occasional issues on mechs because of their positive pins not extending far enough out of the threading, causing a short

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Now I can't even upload a picture dangit. I give up...

Oh no, don't give up!

1. What kind of atty are you using? Is it a tank with ready-made coils, or an rda/rta with diy coils? Is the atty firing on another battery?

2. Have you tried a different atty with your mod?

2. Is the positive pin contacting the atty? If the atty is not making contact with the mod, the mod won't fire.

3. When you take the firing button off the mod and press, is the firing pin popping up far enough to contact the battery? If not, you can easily adjust it.

4. Is your battery charged? Are you inserting it with the positive end up by the atty, and the negative end down, with the firing pin?

jayme396

Unresolved Status
Aug 10, 2014
Lafayette
I had the same problem you're having. I found it was my coil post screws causing the problem. I always over tightened my screw on the coil and wound upcutting my coil legs. I started leaving them looser. But too loose where the screw would back themselves out JUST enough to not make contact with the post to make vapor. Check the screws on your RDA posts.

Also shake your mod. If you hear the battery move at all, connection need to be tightened. My friend had a .3 ohm build that wasn't putting out much at all. I looked at it, tightened connections and tighten the coil. The resistant went down to .22 and mad massive clouds.

Last edited:

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
I uploaded the pictures on my profile at the gotvapes play to win profile but in in the mean time I soaked the parts in carborator flush overnight and now it pretty much works. the fire button has some sort of knurled knob on the inside so it wouldn't come out all the way. The mod was put together for me with old parts from a friend so I don't know squat. No the battery doesn't rattle..... helpmech.jpg mech1.jpg emech2.jpg emech2.jpg emech2.jpg

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
Nothing adjustable except the button lock

Sounds like contact adjustments for sure. As diff. mods use diff. methods, we really need to know what style you are using. Things to check: make sure positive pin makes contact with atty (if you can screw atty all the way down tight to mod with zero resistance, this may be your issue), check that your button and bottom pin are assembled correctly (with bottom removed, press in your button, then make sure the negative pin is screwed all the way in, finger tight is fine). Also, what type of attys? Some tank styles have occasional issues on mechs because of their positive pins not extending far enough out of the threading, causing a short

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
I uploaded the pictures on my profile at the gotvapes play to win profile but in in the mean time I soaked the parts in carborator flush overnight and now it pretty much works. the fire button has some sort of knurled knob on the inside so it wouldn't come out all the way. The mod was put together for me with old parts from a friend so I don't know squat. No the battery doesn't rattle..... View attachment 366533 View attachment 366534 View attachment 366535 View attachment 366535 View attachment 366535

By "it pretty much works," do you mean you are enjoying the vape?

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Pictures suck - to small

That Top Cap is a Sigelei 8w piece. I own 2 units.
The pin should be Dual adjustment, a pain since it's small but fully adjustable.

The outer section is to contact the Atomizer.
The inner screw takes out battery slack.

When attempting to adjust battery slack it is easy to accidentally back out the outer screw and lose contact with the atty.

Since the Top cap has been placed on an adjustable Mod tube(Telescopic) your only concern should be adjusting for the atomizer and snugging the tube for battery rattle.

Last edited:

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Pictures suck - to small

That Top Cap is a Sigelei 8w piece. I own 2 units.
The pin should be Dual adjustment, a pain since it's small but fully adjustable.

The outer section is to contact the Atomizer.
The inner screw takes out battery slack.

When attempting to adjust battery slack it is easy to accidentally back out the outer screw and lose contact with the atty.

Since the Top cap has been placed on an adjustable Mod tube your only concern should be adjusting for the atomizer and snugging the tube for battery rattle.

TY; will correct my earlier post so he doesn't worry lol. Telescopic mods are (imo) way easier to adjust than tubes. Happily, that's a telescopic mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread